A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

to be fair, I'm thinking more along the lines of

Jets - 27
lil birdies - 13
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

More like

Ravens: 30
Jets: 13

Revis is going to be torched in his welcome back game.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Liking this:

Ravens: 30
Jets: 13

But thinking the final score will be closer to 14-13 or 17-13. Really not sure who's going to win, it could be a toss-up. You beat Baltimore through the air, and I don't think the Jets will be capable of it without Holmes. But Baltimore's offense is predicated on run to set up the pass, and really there's only one way to run the ball on the Jets if they're at 2009 form or better (read: at Cromarte), and you can't exactly play-action a sweep. This is going to be a long, grind-it-out game, and it's going to depend on who can break off the shackles first: Sanchez, Greene, Flacco, or Rice.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

Liking this:

But thinking the final score will be closer to 14-13 or 17-13. Really not sure who's going to win, it could be a toss-up. You beat Baltimore through the air, and I don't think the Jets will be capable of it without Holmes. But Baltimore's offense is predicated on run to set up the pass, and really there's only one way to run the ball on the Jets if they're at 2009 form or better (read: at Cromarte), and you can't exactly play-action a sweep. This is going to be a long, grind-it-out game, and it's going to depend on who can break off the shackles first: Sanchez, Greene, Flacco, or Rice.

You CAN beat us through the air. But I don't think Sanchez is the guy to do it...right now.

You know we are going to be throwing at Revis all game long, hoping by the 4th Quarter he collapses. You can try and cover Mason & Boldin, but that just leaves Heap available for a big game. I think Flacco is going to have a huge game. Hopefully, I survive the fisticuffs with all the drunk J-E-T-S fans wearing my new Ray Rice jersey.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

I think Flacco is going to have a huge game.

I kinda doubt it.

But I'll bet that this will be a game that only a Ravens or Jets fan will love ... maybe not even them. A punt fest with a 6-5 halftime score.

#26 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Jets still have Edwards and Cotchery, plus LaDamien can catch passes out of the backfield as well. Its just a matter of Sanchez being able to throw the ball to them. I do agree that this will be a ground and pound game, but still think the Jets can come on top in this one by a low score.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

I kinda doubt it.

But I'll bet that this will be a game that only a Ravens or Jets fan will love ... maybe not even them. A punt fest with a 6-5 halftime score.

This isn't going to be a ground and pound match. We are throwing on the Jets and we are going after Revis in particular. If we score under 15 points by half-time, I will be surprised. LT is no threat and I don't see Sanchez having time to go down field. Mr. Sanchez meet T-Sizzle Suggs and Mr. Ngata.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

This isn't going to be a ground and pound match. We are throwing on the Jets and we are going after Revis in particular. If we score under 15 points by half-time, I will be surprised. LT is no threat and I don't see Sanchez having time to go down field. Mr. Sanchez meet T-Sizzle Suggs and Mr. Ngata.

I never said it was going to be ground and pound. I said lots of punts. You don't need to run for two yards every play to be ineffective. Incomplete passes work, too.

We'll see if the Ravens can throw on the Jets, never mind pick on Revis. That actually sounds like a crazy strategy to me. You're assuming he's not going to be ready to play. That might not be the case.

That Ngata is an absolute beast.

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

I never said it was going to be ground and pound. I said lots of punts. You don't need to run for two yards every play to be ineffective. Incomplete passes work, too.

We'll see if the Ravens can throw on the Jets, never mind pick on Revis. That actually sounds like a crazy strategy to me. You're assuming he's not going to be ready to play. That might not be the case.

That Ngata is an absolute beast.

I guess I am just over eager for the season to start. I am assuming/hoping his timing and conditioning will not be in game shape for week 1 and that we can exploit that.

Ngata IS a beast and probably the most underrated lineman in the game.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

Ray Rice, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Todd Heap= JETS go down in their opening game. Gonna be a battle, I think the Ravens pull it off...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#31 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Ray Rice, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Todd Heap= JETS go down in their opening game. Gonna be a battle, I think the Ravens pull it off...

It could be the passing game Brian Billick always dreamed about.

#32 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Ngata IS a beast and probably the most underrated lineman in the game.

Guys like him truly make other players better because one guy usually can't block him, freeing the others up to make plays.

#33 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

"Where ya at T-Rich?" =(

#34 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

"Where ya at T-Rich?" =(

he's back!!!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

It could be the passing game Brian Billick always dreamed about.

Brian Billick.....

I liked him as a coach, but as an OC he sucks without Randy Moss
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

thats a scary offensive threat

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

thats a scary offensive threat

Flacco has alot of weapons, we will see how he uses them. In other news, an interesting read on the Jets:

HERE

Edited by ThreeCups, 08 September 2010 - 12:11 PM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#38 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Ray Rice, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Todd Heap..

..thats a scary offensive threat.

If we can make it out of these next 4 games alive, with at least a .500 record.. our offense isn't going to look to shabby either.
Shonn Greene.. Dustin Keller.. Santonio Holmes.. Braylon Edwards.. Jericho Cotchery.. Laveranues Coles.. & LT.

..in conjunction with our o'line, and the depth at FB that we have.. I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect our boys to put up at least 17-20 points per game.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#39 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

If we can make it out of these next 4 games alive, with at least a .500 record.. our offense isn't going to look to shabby either.
Shonn Greene.. Dustin Keller.. Santonio Holmes.. Braylon Edwards.. Jericho Cotchery.. Laveranues Coles.. & LT.

..in conjunction with our o'line, and the depth at FB that we have.. I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect our boys to put up at least 17-20 points per game.

If they can't muster 17 points a game, Sanchez should be hung from the field goal posts at the Jets' new practice facility in Florham Park....

#40 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

If they can't muster 17 points a game, Sanchez should be hung from the field goal posts at the Jets' new practice facility in Florham Park..

..to a Jets fan, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. We haven't had a season averaging 20 points-per-game, since the days of Vinny Testaverde.. Curtis Martin.. Keyshawn Johnson.. & Wayne Chrebet. :P

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users