J.P on NHL radio

smelly

He dreaded being the villain, but he knew way before it was announced. Fvck Zach and JP...and the Wild, and Suter, and the whole state of Minnesota!!!

Only problem I have with this viewpoint...why would he care about being perceived as a "villain"? The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final? It's not like he was our pal off the ice, and he's got several million reason$ not to give a flying fvck about how we feel.

Only problem I have with this viewpoint...why would he care about being perceived as a "villain"? The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final? It's not like he was our pal off the ice, and he's got several million reason$ not to give a flying fvck about how we feel.

Because I think he is genuinely a good guy and knew how we would be perceived once he left. Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

• Like 3

bc he has always liked the idea of himself. that's why he himself says things like, "anyone that knows me will say, that I don't want this media attention around me, they know I don't like that stuff". Its clearly not true bc he has to say it himself...but he likes how it sounds.

Edited by ben00rs

Eh I figured as much and at this point I don't care how it went down. He left and is gone for good and let's move on.

I never personally loved nor hated the guy. I did meet him a couple of times at signings at Sports Minded and never got a great vibe from him, but that is just how I felt and can't really guage a guy based on a couple of 20 second meetings with him.

Because I think he is genuinely a good guy and knew how we would be perceived once he left. Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

You could very well be right...who knows? We rooted for him and let him into our hearts, as diehard fans often do with certain players...maybe he knew that and knew an entire fanbase would be stung by his actions. I agree in that I also think he's a good guy, and whatever he did wasn't intentionally malicious or purposely dishonest.

You could very well be right...who knows? We rooted for him and let him into our hearts, as diehard fans often do with certain players...maybe he knew that and knew an entire fanbase would be stung by his actions. I agree in that I also think he's a good guy, and whatever he did wasn't intentionally malicious or purposely dishonest.

Right

I think the idea of being viewed as a traitor will bother him. When I saw his bubble gum chewing interview I told a buddy of mine that he was as good as gone and that it was killing him to make the announcement. After seeing how it all played out, I believe that more than ever. He knew deep down he was leaving and it took him some time to come to grips with it. I also think the deafening boos he will hear on November 11 will bother him as well. Maybe not his play, but emotionally he will feel them.

Just said he got a text from Zach on July 2 that he was probably going to Wild ....

Really not shocking. He was leaning for the Wild but spent a day talking to Suter to make it more competitive. Should he have announced July 2nd that he was leaning Wild?

I don't get why that quote would make anyone feel worse or more annoyed by the situation?

Really not shocking. He was leaning for the Wild but spent a day talking to Suter to make it more competitive. Should he have announced July 2nd that he was leaning Wild?

I don't get why that quote would make anyone feel worse or more annoyed by the situation?

Devils fans would be mad because he kept us waiting for another 2 days when he could have ended the agony earlier. It is a business, and everyone has their poker face on until the last possible second. It sucks, but it is what it is...

I don't hate him for leaving, fvck I don't even care that he left. But if the Devils pulled some bullsh!t like this the league would have already fined them 5 1st rounders. He knew was going to Minnesota a year ago.

I don't hate him for leaving, fvck I don't even care that he left. But if the Devils pulled some bullsh!t like this the league would have already fined them 5 1st rounders. He knew was going to Minnesota a year ago.

Another man with a point...a little extreme, but I agree...let the guy walk, but don't give us the dog and pony show for a year if you know where and when you are heading.

+1 bunch of jaded lovers...is whatcha snd like

Do Zach and his dad realize they're just making themselves look like bigger scumbags with each admission?

The way this has all gone, it's clear that they really don't give a sh!t about what the people in NJ think of them...they are way over it.

Another man with a point...a little extreme, but I agree...let the guy walk, but don't give us the dog and pony show for a year if you know where and when you are heading.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he became a FREE AGENT.

Edited by devilsrule33

We knew the wild were doing this because "the guy" whatever his name is "close to both parties" made the connection. The writing is on the wall for tampering. The evidence has to be out there... I'm sure the phone records will say it all.