Devils Name Jacques Lemaire Head Coach

nmigliore

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).

SNY (mets) always broadcast conference calls on TV... usually its a picture of the GM on the screen and you hear the reporters asking him questions.

That's because SNY is desperate for programming. :P

(So's MSG, but they'll never admit it.)

Wasn't Marty quoted saying something along the lines of..."I love Jacques but the organization has moved on."

Marty will be saying something different when he's a Vezina finalist again ...as a result of what Jacques does.

This from the Newark Star Ledger:

New Jersey Devils hire Jacques Lemaire to be their new head coach

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/07...re_jacques.html

Lemaire, who said he intends to coach for more than one season, also said he has mellowed over the years in Minnesota, and is better at communicating with the players than he used to be. He also promised to be more open to having a team that will do more offensively than the neutral zone trap-happy Devils of the mid- and late 1990s.

I think this is the most reluctant hire Lou has ever had to make. He turned over every stone and found nobody else that he could be comfortable with. Lemaire has plenty of faults, Lou knows this. If jacques is too overbearing and stubborn and begins to alienate the team then he'll have a quick hook. Dont be shockef if Jacques doesnt survive the season.

Lemaire, who said he intends to coach for more than one season, also said he has mellowed over the years in Minnesota, and is better at communicating with the players than he used to be. He also promised to be more open to having a team that will do more offensively than the neutral zone trap-happy Devils of the mid- and late 1990s.

Bingo... Lemaire 'aint a dummy.

I cant wait to see everyones comments when we are in first place, playing well into the playoffs....... We are clearly the underdog here and thats a good thing. I cant wait until Montreal misses the playoffs or goes out in the first round. Maybe im just drinking kool aid, but I dont see this season a total failure.

Parise,

40+ goals

Rolston & Elias

30+goals

Zajac and langenbrunner

20+goals

Theres your offensive leaders.

we have the same defensive unit. which means they'll have a year playing together under there belt... the best teacher in the business... lemaire knows how to win and win cups. barring injuries, I see this team doing good things this season...... and you can save that print!!!

Edited by overtime98

I think this is the most reluctant hire Lou has ever had to make. He turned over every stone and found nobody else that he could be comfortable with. Lemaire has plenty of faults, Lou knows this. If jacques is too overbearing and stubborn and begins to alienate the team then he'll have a quick hook. Dont be shockef if Jacques doesnt survive the season.

I could buy this.

Hopefully he's not just saying that to satisfy us and the media.

While certainly not an exciting choice, no one has any sure fire slam dunk alternatives including Johnny Mac (who has no HC experience). I don't think this is a dark day. Give this one a chance.