msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

@UniquePhoto

Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

He looks a bit...thin? Maybe it's just that I'm used to seeing him in full gear.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Are sales in your store so good that customers are literally climbing the walls?

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Damn that's so awesome.. How was he?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Waiting on line for next years ipad i assume

#6 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

What the hell do you sell lol?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#7 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

haha make this a weekly installment plz

Dainius does look like he's been dieting :D
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#8 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Awesomeness

believe-zubrus.jpg

#9 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Is that guy rock climbing in the background?

#10 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

ok let me answer all of the questions in one response,,

My store is Unique Photo...NJ's Best Camera Store. That dude on the pole behind me is part of a LowePro bag display with a climber wearing a LowePro camera backpack. I am big on merchandising and display and we have some awesome stuff in there.

I am 5'10", 185 and I spend a lot of time on the weights... so you can measure him from there... we definitely have different body types...lol

Zubrus was in to buy a Fuji X-E1 DSLR. He has a remarkable collection of cameras and and even more remarkable knowledge of cameras and photography. Even without looking at his work, he is clearly professional level for sure. He spent about 2 hours in the store playing with everything...Fuji, Nikon, video, monitors...a kid in a candy store. He was very price conscious and comically concerned about getting maximum value for his older stiff, which he has tons. I suggested he trade some of it in but he wanted to maximize return on Ebay,,,lol... which of course isn't true and a bizarre thing for famous people to do.

We have a gourmet coffee bar in the store and I gave him some espresso which he approved highly of. He wanted me to get my salesperson a coffee too but she whipped out a Red Bull and he responded, "I have 2 of those before each game.. gotta get up for it"

While we were pulling his camera I gave him a tour of my Devils Display in my office (He was impressed). We talked about the labor dispute and he really felt the road they are going on, similar to what the NBA did with decertifying the union will work and force the owners, who are being "unfair" to settle. He spoke a bit about Lou and is was very complimentary.

He has a large Epson printer which we talked about its worth because he figured he's going to have to move it after this year since his contract has only one more year and "while I'd love to re-sign with the Devils, you really never know what will happen...I'll be 36 ya know."
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#11 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

We have a gourmet coffee bar in the store and I gave him some espresso which he approved highly of. He wanted me to get my salesperson a coffee too but she whipped out a Red Bull and he responded, "I have 2 of those before each game.. gotta get up for it"

I love this dude even more!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#12 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

My store is Unique Photo...NJ's Best Camera Store. That dude on the pole behind me is part of a LowePro bag display with a climber wearing a LowePro camera backpack. I am big on merchandising and display and we have some awesome stuff in there.

I am 5'10", 185 and I spend a lot of time on the weights... so you can measure him from there... we definitely have different body types...lol

Zubrus was in to buy a Fuji X-E1 DSLR. He has a remarkable collection of cameras and and even more remarkable knowledge of cameras and photography. Even without looking at his work, he is clearly professional level for sure. He spent about 2 hours in the store playing with everything...Fuji, Nikon, video, monitors...a kid in a candy store. He was very price conscious and comically concerned about getting maximum value for his older stiff, which he has tons. I suggested he trade some of it in but he wanted to maximize return on Ebay,,,lol... which of course isn't true and a bizarre thing for famous people to do.

While we were pulling his camera I gave him a tour of my Devils Display in my office (He was impressed). We talked about the labor dispute and he really felt the road they are going on, similar to what the NBA did with decertifying the union will work and force the owners, who are being "unfair" to settle. He spoke a bit about Lou and is was very complimentary.

He has a large Epson printer which we talked about its worth because he figured he's going to have to move it after this year since his contract has only one more year and "while I'd love to re-sign with the Devils, you really never know what will happen...I'll be 36 ya know."

:hail:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#13 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

That's awesome msweet. Thanks for the write-up.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#14 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I was gonna crack a coffee snob joke on facebook but chickened out in case he read it.

#15 Niaure

Niaure

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I really hope Devils will resign him.. :pray:
Posted Image

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES. M, you run a coffee shop I guess, eh? ;)

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

. Great stuff. Sounds like Marty's dad and Zubes would get along great lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#18 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'd love to talk cameras with Zubes. I've been snubbing my gear for too long now.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#19 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Msweet, Did you recognize him right away and say to your coworkers "This guy is my customer, EVERYONE BACK OFF!!"?
Posted Image

#20 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

That is friggin awesome!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic