A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

jesus christ am i ever paying the price for my troll-ness right now

oops :giggle: that'll learn ya

:unsure: I've sammied again....

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

I'm here for the party

#162 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Gary Bettman is doing to the NHL what David Stern did to the NBA. Add all these penalties, take out the physicality. Players are now strategizing on hwo to draw calls instead of playing the game. Hence you have Cole with the dive. BTW, diving, despite the warnings, rarely ever gets called.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#163 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Brutal call cost us. Not happy about it, but I am happy we gutted out a point in a game we twice trailed by 2 goals. On to Boston. We owe them one or two for last year.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#164 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Brutal call cost us. Not happy about it, but I am happy we gutted out a point in a game we twice trailed by 2 goals. On to Boston. We owe them one or two for last year.

BRUTAL CALL

#165 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I dont see it as a dive -- Andy stopped him - stopped him fair and square not tripped with a stick - he hussled his ass and got there and because some stupid fvck thought it couldn't be done and stopped watching he gets a BS penalty. Dive who gives a fvck but someone doing their job right and getting dicked over for it by the ref is what's BS to me. Embellishing is part of the game - but this even if embellished what brought Cole down was fair.

Am I wrong? or am I being too detail oriented or -- it's just a game who cares? ^_^ Seriously though -- did I not see it right?

I always expect an answer... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 January 2013 - 09:25 PM.

I'm here for the party

#166 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

That was not a 3 on 1 - Markov came back and was gaining on Zidlicky, passing it to him could've gone wrong for sure. I like the shot attempt by Kovalchuk. If he passed it and something went wrong, we'd hear about how he passes it too much.

Josefson had a bad game - the awful clear that led to goal #3 and a lot of other mistakes

Bad call at the end but whatever, Devils were only 55% chance to win the game at that point, can't get too upset. Should've been able to kill it off, I was surprised they used Elias and not Zajac for the final kill.

Lucky to get a point here, Brodeur was very good, defense struggled all night - looks like the lack of forechecking is exposing the defense a bit, something that has to concern Lou and DeBoer a great deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#167 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Still think it was a 3-on-1. I like Kovy shooting more on 2-on-1s, but, I also want to see the goalie having to move a bit in that situation. On another note, would really like to see Larsson get in there soon.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#168 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

www.SterioDesign.com

#169 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Still think it was a 3-on-1. I like Kovy shooting more on 2-on-1s, but, I also want to see the goalie having to move a bit in that situation. On another note, would really like to see Larsson get in there soon.

If they put in Larsson Tuesday it better be for Volchenkov. The guy's literally been on the ice for every single goal against this year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Question: Why Cam Janssen? Why not Butler or Darche?

#171 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Darche'll be playing soon enough when Matteau gets sent back down in the next few days (and he is getting sent down, they aren't keeping him up here to play >10 minutes a night). Of course we'll still have to deal with Cam/Barch for a while because of our one-dimensional goon fetish.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#172 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

If they put in Larsson Tuesday it better be for Volchenkov. The guy's literally been on the ice for every single goal against this year.

Agreed, and let Tallinder take Volchenkov's spot on the PK.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#173 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#174 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Good point. Our goons haven't even fought this year. I would rather see Butler come up and Matteau go down. As for Darche, still up in the air, he has to be doing awfully mediocre to be hanging in no mans land for this long.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#175 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Oh I agree. The team was totally balls all night. That's why I said in the chat that it looked like they finally stopped playing like they were in the playoffs. No forecheck, no physical play, botched assignments.
However, that doesn't negate the fact that that was a bad call. However, the bad call didn't cause us to lose, the poor play caused us to lose.

#176 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.

www.SterioDesign.com

#177 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

With Henrique almost back, Matteau probably going back to Blainville-Boisbriand, I wouldn't mind seeing Darche signed and Butler called up and trying something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson
Darche-Josefson-Bernier/Butler
Carter-Gionta-Butler/Bernier

Keep Tedenby, Barch, and Janssen off the ice as much as possible. I'd like to see the Zuburs-Elias-Clarkson line get some more time together and Henrique should slot in nicely with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#178 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Sterio -- you misunderstand.

We're bitching about a bad call. I think everyone agrees the loss falls soundly on the team itself.

I'm here for the party

#179 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.

I think you're overreacting a bit. No one is pinning this loss solely on that, we know the Devils didn't play that well for the most part tonight. The bottom line is Cole grabbed Greene's arm and dove and it ended up helping Montreal win in a bitter way. It's not like he isn't a well known diver. People should be able to get upset at that without being accused of having blinders. Obviously, the Devils should have played better to avoid being in that situation but it is what it is. In a way both teams walked away with a point that neither of them deserved tonight so I'll take it.

#180 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

When Henrique comes back I don't see Elias staying at center. We'll probably see
Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
CGBG
Butler-JJ-Darche
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users