1787 replies to this topic

#1561 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

with the way the jets do things im kinda shocked the trade dead line went by and they didnt make any moves

#1562 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

If Tannenbaum makes any trade(s) at this point, he looks even worse. It's bad enough he seemingly has been putting this roster together on-the-fly throughout the duration of the season.. ie: Lex Hillard, Aaron Berry, Robert Malone, Clyde Gates, Jason Smith, Austin Howard, etc. But making roster moves via dealing picks in Week 9, would only admit that the decisions made in July were flawed. By staying pat it upholds illusion. It shows he maintains a level of confidence in the roster he built, at which time he can then try to spin it as the players weren't "coached up" enough come seasons end. I have a hard time believing that Rex Ryan, Mike Westhoff, & Tony Sparano all just suddenly forgot how to coach. Here's the thing.. THEY DIDN'T! They're coaching a team that's 65% scrubs, and all 3 should be commended if this squad can muster up 8 wins. The Jets have no depth @ RB & WR.. zero experience on the defensive line.. and replacement level talent playing special teams. Ask yourself; if Konrad Reuland wasn't playing for the Jets.. would he even be in the NFL at all?

The destruction of the 2009\2010 Jets can be summed up in two words; *self-pride! I always understand guys leaving on account of big contracts.. which is why you'll never hear me pick on Tanny for players like Leon Washington, Brad Smith, or Shaun Ellis. That's not where the blood lies. The failure of Tannenbaum is driven by his own bloated ego. Cutting Woodhead was EGO! Choosing Allen & Smith for Leonhard & Ihedigbo was EGO! Plaxico, Mason & Holmes over J'Co & Braylon was EGO! Going on WFAN and defending the Jeff Ottah trade saying that: "he would've passed the physical had he slept the night before" is EGO! Thus.. Woodhead, Leonhard, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, and yes even Braylon.. have all had the last laugh. They're still playing quality football on 5 teams that'll be playoff bound in 8 weeks! Meanwhile E. Smith, Ottah, Mason, Burress, & Holmes are all currently sitting at home.
Who looks like an a$$hole here??

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! As sure as I was last year on Schottenheimer's fate, I'm doubly certain on this.. the 2012 Jets will cost Mike Tannenbaum his job as General Manager. He's destroyed this team, and he'll pay for it come March.

Edited by Beezer34, 03 November 2012 - 06:48 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1563 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

If Tannenbaum makes any trade(s) at this point, he looks even worse. It's bad enough he seemingly has been putting this roster together on-the-fly throughout the duration of the season.. ie: Lex Hillard, Aaron Berry, Robert Malone, Clyde Gates, Jason Smith, Austin Howard, etc. But making roster moves via dealing picks in Week 9, would only admit that the decisions made in July were flawed. By staying pat it upholds illusion. It shows he maintains a level of confidence in the roster he built, at which time he can then try to spin it as the players weren't "coached up" enough come seasons end. I have a hard time believing that Rex Ryan, Mike Westhoff, & Tony Sparano all just suddenly forgot how to coach. Here's the thing.. THEY DIDN'T! They're coaching a team that's 65% scrubs, and all 3 should be commended if this squad can muster up 8 wins. The Jets have no depth @ RB & WR.. zero experience on the defensive line.. and replacement level talent playing special teams. Ask yourself; if Konrad Reuland wasn't playing for the Jets.. would he even be in the NFL at all?

The destruction of the 20092010 Jets can be summed up in two words; *self-pride! I always understand guys leaving on account of big contracts.. which is why you'll never hear me pick on Tanny for players like Leon Washington, Brad Smith, or Shaun Ellis. That's not where the blood lies. The failure of Tannenbaum is driven by his own bloated ego. Cutting Woodhead was EGO! Choosing Allen & Smith for Leonhard & Ihedigbo was EGO! Plaxico, Mason & Holmes over J'Co & Braylon was EGO! Going on WFAN and defending the Jeff Ottah trade saying that: "he would've passed the physical had he slept the night before" is EGO! Thus.. Woodhead, Leonhard, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, and yes even Braylon.. have all had the last laugh. They're still playing quality football on 5 teams that'll be playoff bound in 8 weeks! Meanwhile E. Smith, Ottah, Mason, Burress, & Holmes are all currently sitting at home.
Who looks like an a$$hole here??

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! As sure as I was last year on Schottenheimer's fate, I'm doubly certain on this.. the 2012 Jets will cost Mike Tannenbaum his job as General Manager. He's destroyed this team, and he'll pay for it come March.

. Of course, saying Sparano forgot how to coach implies he knew how to coach in the first place. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1564 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Say what you want about Woody Johnson as a football mind, but he's an excellent business man.. and as a business man, it must make him none-too-happy of the report that patrons are forfeiting their PSL's. He has constituents to answer to.. and they're fvcking livid! .

Wait a minute. Woody is what?? Woody is a terrible business man. Similar to Donald "bankruptcy" Trump, Woody was born into wealth and never had to work at running a business.

He overpaid for the Jets which necessitated the attempt to build a stadium on the west side of New York, which he miscalculated and ended up overpaying for the new Giants Stadium. The PSL's are another failure. Making the Jets get Farve and now Tebow has destroyed the prospects for the Jets.

Woody is just a spoiled rich kid trying to make a buck with a high profile franchise and Failing.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1565 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Wait a minute. Woody is what?? Woody is a terrible business man. Similar to Donald "bankruptcy" Trump, Woody was born into wealth and never had to work at running a business.

He overpaid for the Jets which necessitated the attempt to build a stadium on the west side of New York, which he miscalculated and ended up overpaying for the new Giants Stadium. The PSL's are another failure. Making the Jets get Farve and now Tebow has destroyed the prospects for the Jets.

Woody is just a spoiled rich kid trying to make a buck with a high profile franchise and Failing.

Anybody who buys a football franchise overpays for it.

The attempt at a West Side Stadium was noble and a nice try...it didn't work. Ultimately they built in NJ with the giants...it costs a lot of money to build anything here. It ain't Texas! Ultimately it's not really the worst thing in the world since by now over 50% of the Jets season ticket holders live in NJ. The PSL's were unpopular...but the Giants went with them as well...I don't see you slandering them for the same scummy tactics. Oh and 13 other teams have seat licenses. Including the Baltimore exBrowns

Tim Tebow has not been the difference in any wins or losses this year. It's essentially a wash, but probably a financial boon in jersey sales. No "prospects" have been hurt by Tebows aquisition.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1566 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

You don't have a clue what you're talking about Manta. In 10 years time, Johnson doubled the value on his investment. He bought the Jets in 2000 for $600 million. They were ranked 18th in the league in net worth. Now, as of 2012, only 5 teams in the NFL are worth more than the Jets. The organization is currently valued at nearly 1.3 billion.. and YES, it had alot to do with glam-moves such as Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Ty Law, etc.
The team has quadrupled their sponsors since 2004. Doubled their television exposure since 2009. Tripled their revenue from secondary income since 2008. The Jets never had a 3rd\throwback jersey until Johnson. They've made $4 million in Titans apparel. $13 million in Favre memorabilia. $9 million in Hardknocks.. which he pushed for. That's nearly $30 million of wayward value, in the span of only 2 years. The team plans to make millions more on Superbowl XLVIII, which in the words of Jonathan Tisch, was driven and pushed for by Johnson. Saying how his "moves have destroyed Jets prospects" proves what I said regarding his on-field football knowledge. There are numerous *Woody transactions that never led to on-field success. Rest assure, they've all led to financial $uccess. The JetsShop website is one of the most highly traffic in the NFL. If you were to ask Brian Cashman who pushed for A-Rod, Gary Sheffield, Jason Giambi, Pudge Rodriguez, Randy Johnson, Bobby Abreu, Johnny Damon, and the 2007 Roger Clemens.. he'd tell you George Steinbrenner. Some worked, some didn't. But ALL made the Yankees money.

EDIT; GM & Owner are 2 different things. Lou Lamoriello is an excellent General Manager, but he'd make a lousy owner due to his lack of care\concern in product selling, purchase provisions, advertising, sponsorship, and overall marketing. Jerry Jones is just the opposite. He can't put together a team, yet the Cowboys continue to make money. Does that make him a bad business man?

Edited by Beezer34, 09 November 2012 - 10:40 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1567 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Very valid points Beezer.

I take back my statement.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1568 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sanchez with another horrific effort.

This game was winnable. Russell Wilson doesn't impress me. He's a runner with a QB calibre arm...but if you can corrall him, he won't hurt you. He's actually jumpy in the pocket much like Sanchez. He will not be a good QB and does not have much of a future in the league

I can only describe Sanchez as stupid. He's a stupid human being, stupid QB, zero awareness of what's going on around him and doesn't recognize what to do in any situation. That red zone INT (which btw he leads the league in) was horrific. Keller was open for a while. HILL WAS WIDE OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

no. Sanchez needs to wait until the corner gets in front of Keller to throw the ball. Easy INT

then the fumble. No pocket presence. No awareness...just go down and eat the ball. No he has to voluntarily fumble it

The guy is an idiot. I would just give him the rest of the season to humiliate himself and either draft a QB or trade for a vet...what I think the Jets will do is give Sanchez another full year and maybe make the change after 2013...either way the clock is ticking
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1569 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

And can you tell me what the fvck Kerley is doing not fair catching that punt? I mean Seattle was in his face...did he really need to try to advance it 2 yards down the sideline? Fumble, seattle ball

#1570 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Are Jets losing?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1571 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Sanchez with another horrific effort.

This game was winnable. Russell Wilson doesn't impress me. He's a runner with a QB calibre arm...but if you can corrall him, he won't hurt you. He's actually jumpy in the pocket much like Sanchez. He will not be a good QB and does not have much of a future in the league

I can only describe Sanchez as stupid. He's a stupid human being, stupid QB, zero awareness of what's going on around him and doesn't recognize what to do in any situation. That red zone INT (which btw he leads the league in) was horrific. Keller was open for a while. HILL WAS WIDE OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

no. Sanchez needs to wait until the corner gets in front of Keller to throw the ball. Easy INT

then the fumble. No pocket presence. No awareness...just go down and eat the ball. No he has to voluntarily fumble it

The guy is an idiot. I would just give him the rest of the season to humiliate himself and either draft a QB or trade for a vet...what I think the Jets will do is give Sanchez another full year and maybe make the change after 2013...either way the clock is ticking

Clearly Sanchez deserves some blame, but it's not all on him.

After yesterday, I think both Ryan and Tannenbaum need to be shown the door at season's end. Rex was exactly what the Jets needed when he first got here, and they responded to him, but he's shown little (if any) ability to change or adapt...he's a one-trick pony that can't help but yap yap yap, and now he looks like a buffoon who's no longer in tune with what's happening on the field. Losing Revis was a killer, there's no denying that, but it's really looking like his team no longer responds to him.

Two years ago I really thought this guy was going to be the best head coach in Jets history. I now think he's really meant to be a defensive coordinator, where his act is less costly and a bit easier to take.

Apparently Woody loves Rex, but IF the Jets let him go and bring in a new GM, get Sanchez some weapons and a new OC and give him one more year.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1572 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

The Jets have to back to the drawing board. Sanchez still has the potential to be a very good QB elsewhere. The Jets front office has destroyed him the past two years without personnel or coaching support. Schott did a great job of managing him early, but he is just mentally taking too much on. The Jets offense will take several years to rebuild while the D will start to deteriorate. Really a bad job by Tannenbaum.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1573 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Sanchez is beyond awful, his defenders can point out the lack of weapons all they want, it doesn't exonerate him from his usual brain dead throws at the goal line and losing fumbles trying to make a Favre like play while in the grasp. Both of these are weekly occurrences.

He and Tanny have to go this offseason. I'm not convinced Rex needs to be junked just yet (especially since Tanny has been so awful, I dont think the Jets are really underachieving in relation to talent) but I don't think this is ending well for him either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 November 2012 - 10:39 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1574 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Problem is who are you going to replace Sanchez with? Matt Moore perhaps. It's a really bad idea to draft a QB just for its own sake. I don't know nuts and bolts, but the QB draft class for this year seems pretty weak. Plus, it's almost a certainty that KC will have the pick of the litter. If you end up drafting a mediocre QB to be your franchise QB it sets you back several years.

If I were the Jets, I'd let Sanchez play out the rest of his contract and address other needs. He's proven to be good enough when he's got a good enough supporting cast. In the meantime, bide your time for when a better QB prospect comes around. Oh, and the first move has to be to fire Sporano.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1575 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

..there's a fine line between the "carpenter and his tools." I'm not exonerating Sanchez or Sparano, but you can't look past the XFL level cast of characters on this team. There was no urgency to do anything other than revamp the FS & SS position(s), which did little to help either the offense or the team in general. It like pouring A1 on a burger and expecting it to taste like steak.
In the end it goes back to Tanny. He's put zero effort into this roster, and come seasons end he'll pay for it.
Mangini couldn't coach, but he was hell of a talent evaluator. Rex may have been the head coach during the two deep playoff runs, but those were Mangini boys. Through drafting, he put together the 2009, 2010 Jets.. and in 2 off-seasons, Mike T. completely disembled that squad. If it sounds ignorant placing all the blame on one person, than so-be-it. I can't help the simplistic point of view, when the cards are laid with such certainty. I've seen Tony Sparano coach two teams to 2 Division Titles with a running game.. Marion Barber, Julius Jones, Ronnie Brown, & Ricky Williams. I've seen Sanchez lead the Jets to two Championship games with a running game. If I asked the best chef in NY to bake me a cake, and gave him ½ the ingredients to work with.. even if he's the best chef in the world, it's going to come out like sh!t. I can't show Sanchez or Rex or Sparano the door after this season when Tom, Dick, and Harry were what they had to work with at RB & WR.. sorry.

#1576 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Well said
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1577 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

There is a chance...small chance that Rex is fired if the team tailspins to 4-12 or something...still all everybody has heard is how much Woody loves him. But I do remember those rumors of cowher when we were 4-6 in 2009. Supposedly Johnson was intrigued.

#1578 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Cowherd is not going to destroy his reputation by coming to a Woody Johnson run team. He is more likely going to Carolina where Richard won't chase headlines rather than putting a good product on the field.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1579 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Cowherd is not going to destroy his reputation by coming to a Woody Johnson run team. He is more likely going to Carolina where Richard won't chase headlines rather than putting a good product on the field.

Cowher was the one making overtures to Johnson in 2009

#1580 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Not from what I have read.

I know Cowherd turned them down
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users