2873 replies to this topic

#2721 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I've sat next to a group of guys who basically spent the entire game sh!tting on kovy the entire game until he scored. They were all cheering then but excused it as "finally living up a little bit to his contract"

It was in section 21

That must be the Kovy haters corner then cause I moved my season tickets from section 22 to a different area cause there were so many people hating on him. I couldn't deal with it anymore and I think the view sucks. My seats were in section 21 prior to the price changes a few years ago.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#2722 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,430 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

I just hope the Kovy hate doesn't become 'worse' now that Zach's gone, something else for the foolish ones to blame him for.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2723 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I have finally accepted Zach is gone, and have updated my signature I've had for years and years.

I still dont know what to do with my framed autograph, signed stick and rare rookie cards (some big bucks there).
Don't want to be irrational... but boo.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#2724 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ok I am not sure how reliable this really is but the three names I am hearing alot are Ryan, B. Gionta, and Semin

#2725 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Ok I am not sure how reliable this really is but the three names I am hearing alot are Ryan, B. Gionta, and Semin

Moving them over to the devils in NHL 12.......NOW!

#2726 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I have finally accepted Zach is gone, and have updated my signature I've had for years and years.

I still dont know what to do with my framed autograph, signed stick and rare rookie cards (some big bucks there).
Don't want to be irrational... but boo.

Sell the Zach stuff and replace it with Kovy stuff. Some yahoos in Minny will pay you big bucks for the ZP items.

I like Gio, but not at 5 mil.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#2727 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I like Gio, but not at 5 mil.

Its only two more years including this one though. The bigger problem I have with Gionta right now is he was hurt the majority of last year and is 33 years old. We're well under the cap where his contract wont be that bad + we have stuff coming off the books in a big way next year.

I would only be for his return if we cant get anything better.

#2728 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Its only two more years including this one though. The bigger problem I have with Gionta right now is he was hurt the majority of last year and is 33 years old. We're well under the cap where his contract wont be that bad + we have stuff coming off the books in a big way next year.

I would only be for his return if we cant get anything better.

Gio was a pretty good net crasher when he was with us.

#2729 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

has anyone heard what the ducks want for ryan exactly? i read somewhere they want a first round pick and a 2nd line center?

#2730 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

has anyone heard what the ducks want for ryan exactly? i read somewhere they want a first round pick and a 2nd line center?

Yep, thats apparently what they want. The main thing Ive heard is the center, so expect Henrique or Josefson just to get the ball rolling.

The problem I have with Ryan, despite what Anaheim wants, is that he'll be UFA in 2 years, and I bet my bottom dollar that he runs to the Flyers. He's from NJ, but from the evil part of the state when it concerns hockey fans.

#2731 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

For Ryan:

Henrique? fvck no.

Josefson? Send him

With picks of course, I know

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2732 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yep, thats apparently what they want. The main thing Ive heard is the center, so expect Henrique or Josefson just to get the ball rolling.

The problem I have with Ryan, despite what Anaheim wants, is that he'll be UFA in 2 years, and I bet my bottom dollar that he runs to the Flyers. He's from NJ, but from the evil part of the state when it concerns hockey fans.

i would give them josefson and a first round for him. if we did get him for this, can lou restructure his contract?

#2733 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

i would give them josefson and a first round for him. if we did get him for this, can lou restructure his contract?

I am right there with you. I wouldn't hesitate, especially if we can restructure that contract

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2734 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

No way should we give up Josefson or Henrique for Ryan who will demand a huge contract when he hits free agency. If they want defensemen then we can talk.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#2735 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

No way should we give up Josefson or Henrique for Ryan who will demand a huge contract when he hits free agency. If they want defensemen then we can talk.

I would be willing to part with Josefson...

Henrique is an untouchable

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2736 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I would be willing to part with Josefson...

Henrique is an untouchable

I still have faith in Jacob he seems to be a really smart player. He just needs to stay healthy.

I just hope the Kovy hate doesn't become 'worse' now that Zach's gone, something else for the foolish ones to blame him for.

My favorite was some guy in Sec 119 screaming Kovalsuck right before Kovys hat trick game against the Isles. Still amazes me that people heckle him.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 July 2012 - 10:21 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#2737 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

If we have any dealings with the Ducks I'd prefer to go all out for Perry next season.

#2738 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

No. Restructuring contracts is against the CBA. Could change I guess with the new one, but as of now its not possible.

And I agree with others that Henrique or Josefson is not a good idea. I'm not prepared to give up on Josefson and Henrique is absolutely untouchable.

Ryan is a good player, but in two years he's going to run to Philly. Thats essentially his hometown (Cherry Hill). Imagine how much worse that will be than what we just went through. A player running home, but to the damn Flyers.

Edited by ghdi, 05 July 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#2739 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image

One of my FB buddies has this as their cover. I :giggle:'d

Edited by TheMazz, 05 July 2012 - 11:23 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#2740 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Gio was a pretty good net crasher when he was with us.

Gionta is by far the best player to knock puck off mid air... he's simply unreal

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users