2010 NBA Free Agency/Offseason Thread

DH26

15 members have voted

1. 1. What team will lebron james sign with?

• Knickerbockers
    • Nets/Russians
    • Cavs
    • Bulls
    • Mavs
    • Clipshow
    • Heat

Bosh and Wade to Miami...sons of bitches can't see Chicago is superior? - _ - the Heat can't even fill up a section and hardly have a team. Those two players + Michael Beasley ARE the Miami Heat. Lol.

First of all, I'm willing to bet Miami trades Beasley if there's a sign and trade.

Second, Miami has 3 bench players for rookie min, which helps their cause, as well as a decent point guard in Chalmers.

Third, they could probably get a couple of veterans that would be willing to work for the min or close to it if they have a chance to get a ring...and with those two on the same squad, they have the opportunity to compete for it. They're minimally #4 in the East at this point, and they might be in a better position to add pieces than the Knicks right now (if the Knicks get LeBron) since NY still has the $10 mil of Eddy Curry's dumbass on the books (although I suspect the Knicks will flip his expiring contract for a piece from a cash-strapped club).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosh and Wade to Miami...sons of bitches can't see Chicago is superior? - _ - the Heat can't even fill up a section and hardly have a team. Those two players + Michael Beasley ARE the Miami Heat. Lol.

and Mario "Super Nintendo" Chalmers. NBA players love the weather and Wade apparently loves Riley and the organization. And especially if they get LeBron, who's gonna beat them? You just fill in with veterans and that team's winning it all

oh yeah and Beasley might have to be moved to sign somebody else

Edited by DH26

Seriously, if Lebron signs there... it's a great playing situation, but I feel like it will diminish his individual legacy... this would be like Jordan, Isiah Thomas, and Karl Malone all signing together somewhere. They might win a bunch of titles, Lebron's no longer "The Guy." Also, there's no way they all continue to post the numbers they've been accustomed to. Lebron's around 28ppg, Wade is 25ppg, Bosh is 20ppg. I just don't see that continuing.

The biggest thing that I would question, if Lebron really does sign with Miami, is ball distribution. Bosh is at his best in the low post, which allows for Lebron and Wade to roam... but he also needs to have the ball in the low post to be most effective. Lebron and Wade are great ball-handlers and create their own shots... they seem to be at their best when they have the ball and control the play on the floor. Don't think there's enough time in a game for both Wade and Lebron to run the show.

If this is true, and not Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)-true, that would move them up to #1 or #2 in the East.

As to the argment about individual legacy, you need a top-flight #1 and a #2, at least, to win a title. Lakers: Kobe and either Shaq or Gasol. Celtics: varying instances of Pierce/Garnett/Allen/Rondo Spurs: Duncan/Ginobli. FFS, Jordan didn't win a single NBA Title without Pippen. Does that taint his legacy? No, not really. The last team I could remember that was really a one-man show that won the title was the 1993-1994 Houston Rockets, and it took a historically bad shooting night from John Starks to accomplish that.

Miami is the only real destination in which he will get max money and have a shot at winning next year's NBA title, and beyond. If these three have been talking about this all along, then ball distribution won't be an issue; they're on the same page, but God help them if any other scorers sign on.

I argue that the Lakers, when healthy, are a better team, but no one has any idea if Bynum will hold up to 100% form over a full season+playoffs.

As a Knicks fan, I hope he comes to play at MSG, but we'll be OK with Stoud and, say, Tony Parker or Luke Ridenour. But it's going to be 3 long years before we can make a run, as Donnie Walsh essentially had to dump the next two first round picks we had to get rid of some historically bad contracts.

I'm not discounting the fact that LeBron can't literally do it on his own; of course he needs help.

That being said, I think it's Dwayne Wade's presence, rather than Chris Bosh's, that would make it appear that James can't be the go-to guy. If Bosh had gone to Cleveland to help, that's one thing. But James joining up with a former scoring champion and perennial all-star, top-5 player in Wade - PLUS throwing Bosh into the mix - and it's a different story.

Jordan didn't win without Pippen, obviously. Robinson needed Duncan for his first title. Thomas wouldn't have gotten it done without help from Dumars and Laimbeer. And yes, Shaq had Kobe... but early on, Shaq was the superstar and Kobe was the supporting talent.

I guess my point is that it's foolish to believe LeBron James really wants to win it all on his own. Everyone talks about Kobe winning his last two titles "on his own" even though he had Pau Gasol riding shotgun. If Bosh had joined James in Cleveland, Bosh would be LeBron's Gasol; a great player and All-Star talent on his own, but positively dynamic when viewed as the second option. But at the same time, I really won't view him the same way if he can't win a title without Wade and Bosh... like I said before, I feel it's the equivalent of Jordan needing another in-his-prime scorer (Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Dominique Wilkins, David Robinson, Clyde Drexler) in order to get a title.

Yeah isn't their backup plan Tyrus Thomas? He's sure to sell tickets... ouch.

They'll go after Boozer if they miss out on LeBron. If they swing and miss there, then you're looking at David Lee, great for 20-10, but a horrid defender.

EDIT: Looks like Boozer's going to be a Bull regardless.

NJ really needs help at the 2-4 positions. Lopez and Harris are good for the 1 and 5. There's also the possibility of shifting Harris to 2 and getting a Ridenour to play the 1. Either way, the Nets need a 3 and a 4 in the worst way, and now that Booze is gone, I look for the Nets to make a play for Lee since the market for 3's sucks after KingJames

BREAKING NEWS! Apple is releasing a special edition Lebron James iPhone. It only vibrates because it doesn't have a RING.

:lol:

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Netsdaily.com:

The Nets announced Thursday afternoon that they have agreed in principle to a contract with forward Travis Outlaw. The deal is reportedly worth $35 million over five years, fully guaranteed and provides Outlaw a flat $7 million a year.

Meanwhile, "independent sources" tell Fred Kerber that Kyle Korver will sign with the Nets, too. Al Iannazzone adds the Nets could also offer a contract to Tyrus Thomas as early as Thursday afternoon. The Bobcats would have seven days to match any Nets' offer. Outlaw is 25, Korver 29 and Thomas 23.

Outlaw played just 34 games for the Blazers and Clippers last season due to foot and groin injuries. He had averaged 13 points per game over the course of the previous two seasons, coming off the bench for Portland. The 6'9" Outlaw has played both small forward and power forward in his career, shooting 44.1% overall and 36.3% from deep.

/fail

Edited by nmigliore

Netsdaily.com:

/fail

Feels like expensive depth. That Outlaw contract has the potential to be very bad if they expect him to contribute more than 10/5 or 10/10 depending on if he's playing the 3 or the 4.

Guess the Nets believe they have their #1 guy (Harris) and their #2 (Lopez), and I think this flurry of moves signals that the Nets are out on LeBron, especially if all their contracts look that bad.

This cant be the impact the new Nets owner had in mind when he bought the team. Unless they have something cooking, it looks like their biggest off season aquisiton will be Avery Johnson.

Mike

Thats a crappy deal.

Mike

Well sports in Cleveland are effectively murdered for awhile. At least the Knicks are getting something for Lee and still have cap space to get somebody else or wait for Carmelo next year.

Cleveland's best player is Delonte West. Chew on that. Does that team win 10 games next year?