GDT NJ Devils vs Carolina canes

caron14

Ugh, what? Parise has nothing to do with this game at all, leave him out of it. How about Brodeur and Loktionov coming back and making a difference in their first game back? Great to see. Even the Barch-Sestito-Pesonen line wasn't the total disaster that it appeared on paper. It's still an ugly line but at least they weren't destroyed. Good game overall. Finally some luck coming our way. Let's roll on to the next one and keep it going.

People have been trashing Lou for not replacing Parise and whining about this and that, and I'm sort of sick of hearing it. That's why I said that. We can do just fine without Parise, games like tonight proved it. Guys step up and get the job done. I am confident where things stand right now with this team. They are playing good hockey.

Sorry I'm late.. Can you believe the one game of the whole season that I decided beforehand to not really watch.. I got a text from a friend telling me I won.. I'll try to post the video!!

Totally crazy, I never win anything

Congrats Colin, enjoy!

• Like 1

Nice win - looked real dicey in the first 10 minutes but Carolina had almost no chances after that.  Devils didn't have a ton of chances either but that's their game.

Zajac looked excellent - looked like he had an extra step tonight.  Marvelous play on goal #3.

People have been trashing Lou for not replacing Parise and whining about this and that, and I'm sort of sick of hearing it. That's why I said that. We can do just fine without Parise, games like tonight proved it. Guys step up and get the job done. I am confident where things stand right now with this team. They are playing good hockey.

You might want to wait until we're, you know, actually in the playoffs to be making these types of posts - or at least ahead of the Wild, for that matter.  The Devils were out of a playoff spot three hours ago.  They have 'not' been playing well for the most part (5-10-3 going into tonight) the last month and a half.  Just stop it.  Let's enjoy the win and relax for a night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You might want to wait until we're, you know, actually in the playoffs to be making these types of posts - or at least ahead of the Wild, for that matter.  The Devils were out of a playoff spot three hours ago.  They have 'not' been playing well for the most part (5-10-3 going into tonight) the last month and a half.  Just stop it.  Let's enjoy the win and relax for a night.

Who cares what the Wild are doing? They landed a bonafide first liner and Norris caliber defenseman.  If they don't make the playoffs it's a downright joke. Here's are some fun facts: NJ has outshot their opponents in 13 straight games and have allowed less than 25 shots in 12 straight

Fair enough, but when you say it like that it sounds like a "Yeah, let's stick it to Parise!" attitude, which I cannot stand. The team is fine without him, so why does he still come up all the time for no reason? I'm just sick of hearing it. I don't hate him, I just don't care about him anymore. He chose to go somewhere else, that's his choice, blah blah, let's focus on the Devils. 

Edited by iamtheprodigy

To me, the thing that made this game was that Marty stood tall in the first 10 minutes. He gives up a goal there and it could deflate the team yet again. He made big save after big save and gave the Devils a chance to get a lead and keep it. Made the difference that Moose hadn't been able to provide imo.

Fair enough, but when you say it like that it sounds like a "Yeah, let's stick it to Parise!" attitude, which I cannot stand. The team is fine without him, so why does he still come up all the time for no reason? I'm just sick of hearing it. I don't hate him, I just don't care about him anymore. He chose to go somewhere else, that's his choice, blah blah, let's focus on the Devils. 

I think it's more of a reaction to all the analysts that said we wouldn't be that good without Zach.

I know we all like to give Sestito a hard time on this forum but he has actually been solid in his last 3 NHL games. I hope everyone remembers his one game in the Playoffs last year against the Flyers, that was his best game of his career, good hits, blocking shots.

So props to him, he had a good game tonight.

Edited by Zubie#8

By reading TG twits... you can see that he had lot of fun... and Kovy comment is funny

Kovalchuk: “I should have got an assist because I turned the puck over and I let the guy beat me one on one and then Zid tripped him. "
  • Like 1