This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

We should do what we should have done a couple seasons ago and get Jussi Jokinen. Pitt got him from CAR for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Insane.

Hard to nitpick things like this, 28 other teams could be saying the same thing. Playing here is a hell of a lot different than Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

Just for craps and laughs I'm going to float the name of Ryan Callahan.

I'd be happy to see him come here.  But other teams will throw $$$ at him (Buffalo/Philly) etc If Lou does I hope it's a "fair" wage. The way he plays the game gives him a short shelf life

Hard to nitpick things like this, 28 other teams could be saying the same thing. Playing here is a hell of a lot different than Pittsburgh.

exactly, it helps a lot when your on a line with Malkin- dude is insane, he was a beast last night.

Kyle Palmieri has been a healthy scratch? Might be playing tonight.  Wonder if he'd be available? Although he was already gone the last time we drafted a Palmieri

The Nets twitter account actually posted it. Looks like he's good friends with Andrei Kirilenko.

Bm_gDdVCEAEZeV_.jpg

Man, I would donate the maximum to anyone running for President that would promise not to let him back into the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to Bob McKenzie Jason Spezza is available from Ottawa, it would take an arm and a leg to get him, but that's a hell of a player right there.

He was a -26 last season and apparently has been criticized for poor defensive play at times in Ottawa.  Seems like things have just run their course there. 

He's a UFA after next season, which is interesting, in that he's playing for a contract, and since he'll be 32 after next season ends, he'll probably be looking for one last long-term deal.  It will also be interesting to see both what Ottawa is looking to get, and what teams are willing to give up.  I have a feeling there's going to be a bit of a gap there.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

He was a -26 last season and apparently has been criticized for poor defensive play at times in Ottawa.  Seems like things have just run their course there. 

He's a UFA after next season, which is interesting, in that he's playing for a contract, and since he'll be 32 after next season ends, he'll probably be looking for one last long-term deal.  It will also be interesting to see both what Ottawa is looking to get, and what teams are willing to give up.  I have a feeling there's going to be a bit of a gap there.

He also has a fragile back. i think this would wind up being another Clowe situation.  (constantly on the shelf-might play half the games)  Talented sure, we don't have much to give up.  He has a big cap hit as well

Like others said, pass on Kovalchuk. Dude isn't even tearing up the KHL and has been less than impressive since he hurt his back in the 2012 playoffs

yeah but which of our players would go to the KHL and tear up there? lol Kovy was our top guy. We really dont have anything better than him in term of goal scoring

yeah but which of our players would go to the KHL and tear up there? lol Kovy was our top guy. We really dont have anything better than him in term of goal scoring

That's not the point. Kovalchuk would've had 11 more years left and is clearly deteriorating. Getting away with the light recapture penalty is a godsend.

How many of them would be paid handsomely because they were SUPPOSED to tear it up there?  Kovy was paid insane money because SKA thought he'd own that league.

I don't expect Spezza to get the Sens a lot. Surely less than what the Sens gave up for Bobby Ryan. 

Double yes on Michalek, but I think he might cost more than Spezza, as he is on the way out and Michalek is in his prime

Michalek is a UFA this year. Anyone can have him for the right price. 

Resign schneider long term sign paul stastny long term ( give the man his money) dont put a single dollars on vanek and sign miroslav satan to a cheap contract because it his destiny lol ( joke aside je impress me in the woŕld championship)

Oh get rid of salvador or buy out volchenkov