Devils Sign Andrew Peters To 2-year Contract

Rock

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/devs_get_defensive_with_peters_xIMfSzJKMQ1nXrYOdnWsBP

Trying to keep pace with a trend in the Atlantic Division, the Devils have signed enforcer Andrew Peters to a two-year contract, The Post has learned.

The former Sabre was invited to Devils camp as an unrestricted free agent on a tryout basis and earned a contract with his performance in training camp.

As long as it wasn't for crazy money this is an ok signing. He'll get into shape fast enough and considering the types of a**holes that two of our biggest rivals employ the Devils are likely going to need this guy. From all accounts he seems to be pretty good in the locker room as well. I really didn't see enough from pl3 fighting wise to suggest that he can contend with the heavyweights.

Good , we need someone who can pummell the crap out of someone else this year. P3L will still get a shot im sure.

Peters has impressed in training i think, and i cant find the quote but Lamaire knows he's not in shape and said he needs to get his fitness back. TG also said he was making some nice plays in training so as long as its for as little $$$$ as possible im all for this signing.

Peters looked awful against the Isles. Taking penalties and looking lost. His hockey skills seemed poor. An NHLer from times past.

We unfortunately needed a heavyweight. He'll play against the Big East. PL3 will play the rest.

You now know 2 of the remaining roster spots

Peters looked awful against the Isles. Taking penalties and looking lost. His hockey skills seemed poor. An NHLer from times past.

We unfortunately needed a heavyweight. He'll play against the Big East. PL3 will play the rest.

You now know 2 of the remaining roster spots

Agreed. He made not one, but several lousy passes that were supposed to go back to the D, but went right in the MIDDLE of them .... can u say Breakaway???

I agree with you.

but has TG confirmed this?

Yes, this morning: http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/09/peters-signs-a-oneway-deal-with-devils.html

This has me a little upset. With all the youth and the fire coming through in camp, why the hell do you go after a guy like Peters?! He was downright awful against NYI. The most noticeable thing he did was take a 10 minute misconduct penalty while lining up for the faceoff!! To be honest the dude looked like he was about 20lbs overweight. From what I gathered he has zero hockey sense.

I'm baffled.