‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Neil Abbott. And yes, he was fired.

It was pretty damn bad. The contract didn't really anticipate the rising salary cap. Zach had no arbitration rights but still, compared to the contract Zajac signed, it's way worse.

It was former NHLer Neil Sheehy, who is still Suter's agent.

Ok here is a good one... I golfed with a friend saturday and he told me Parise sold his home in north jersey and that he left all kinds of stuff in it, including a nice NJ Devils golf bag and NJ Devils game jerseys. So I dont even know if Parise OWNED a home here in Jersey.?? Did he have a house here? I did a quick search and found nothing about it.

Ok here is a good one... I golfed with a friend saturday and he told me Parise sold his home in north jersey and that he left all kinds of stuff in it, including a nice NJ Devils golf bag and NJ Devils game jerseys. So I dont even know if Parise OWNED a home here in Jersey.?? Did he have a house here? I did a quick search and found nothing about it.

Well at least he didn't burn all his old Devils gear in this story while laughing maniacally.

If this is true, it means nothing. Parise is about to get a lot of money even if stays in NJ and may want to upgrade his house/move to a new neighborhood.

Well at least he didn't burn all his old Devils gear in this story while laughing maniacally.

If this is true, it means nothing. Parise is about to get a lot of money even if stays in NJ and may want to upgrade his house/move to a new neighborhood.

I also don't think he'd be petty enough to leave behind game jerseys from the first 7 years of his pro career.

This is very, very suspect but it's TSN and I trust their word. Note I was very hesitant on even posting this due to how impossible this sounds but...here we go:

I was listening to TSN Radio. The player didn't tell me the exact show name but on it the two hosts were saying that discussions are underway for a blockbuster of Parise for P. Kane.

I was talking about this with Colin and I agree with him that this makes very little sense. Especially since the Devils would have to first sign Zach and then do this move. It's very weird to think of. But Kane is a RWer. (Although why not just go after Semin?)

But TSN Radio/TSN is usually a very credible source so I don't see why they would flat out lie like that.

This is very, very suspect but it's TSN and I trust their word. Note I was very hesitant on even posting this due to how impossible this sounds but...here we go:

I was listening to TSN Radio. The player didn't tell me the exact show name but on it the two hosts were saying that discussions are underway for a blockbuster of Parise for P. Kane.

I was talking about this with Colin and I agree with him that this makes very little sense. Especially since the Devils would have to first sign Zach and then do this move. It's very weird to think of. But Kane is a RWer. (Although why not just go after Semin?)

But TSN Radio/TSN is usually a very credible source so I don't see why they would flat out lie like that.

Reminds me of Potvin breaking the Kovy to NJ news. I will believe it when I see it but I say Zach stays. If we are losing Parise then somehow getting Kane would be good.

EDIT: Kane would be great for this team, yes his scoring is inconsistent but he is an amazing play maker. Elias will not be here forever.

Edited by Zubie#8

That guy Tweets EXACTLY like Bob. Color me suspicious. Including the constant "I had that before anyone else" stuff with a ton of vague predictions.

He was featured as user of the E.K.L.U.N.D. System.

And re Parise for Kane. It's more or less a metaphysical impossibility. There are no sign and trades in the NHL.

Parise did not own a house in NJ. He owned a condo in Hoboken.

Only problem is it makes absolutely no sense to sign your captain and then immediately trade him.

I think you can trade his rights to Chicago and if he signs the condition can be Patrick Kane going the other way to Jersey. Very unlikely but anything is possible. Sounds like Chicago wants to shop Kane so if we package the deal with a few more players it is possible but once again very unlikely haha.

Edited by Zubie#8

He lives in the W...which is like a live-in hotel anyway. My friend works in the restaurant underneath the place and said he sees zach walking his pug sometimes.

If this was to happen, I would not be mad at all by it. It would suck to see Zach leave, but to get a guy of Kane's ability back would be an ok consolation to losing Zach.

Obv, cant put any stock into it now, but if we absolutely cant keep Zach, Im okay with this happening.

Kane's at 6.3 for the next two years, so the cap hit is tolerable.

If we are ginna lose Parise, then Kane is one of the few players that could soften the pain.

Kane is flat out nasty and he is extremely young.

Although TSN is a legit source, this is hard to believe

A lot of people thought the same when the rumors were Kovy was gonna be traded here. Not saying I disagree, but strange sh!t has happened before.

Im just glad its over in a week or at least should be. It'd be awful if this was May.

Edited by ghdi

A lot of people thought the same when the rumors were Kovy was gonna be traded here. Not saying I disagree, but strange sh!t has happened before.

Im just glad its over in a week or at least should be. It'd be awful if this was May.

You're absolutely right, I definitely can't ignore this rumor. In fact it would be dumb for anyone to because you're right, crazier hit has happened

i'd like to clear this out, or for anyone else who would want us to go for semin...

let me get this straight... you guys would want Semin... a sniper... super soft and not physical and not going in the corners to play in a team with a system oriented in dump and chase and play the whole shift fighting along the boards and making all their plays on the outside...

doesnt make any sense to me, with our system we need warriors. Soft guys with speed and good hands and no grit are absolutely useless in NJ's system. Semin would pretty much be GUARANTEED to have his worst season ever in NJ

i'd like to clear this out, or for anyone else who would want us to go for semin...

let me get this straight... you guys would want Semin... a sniper... super soft and not physical and not going in the corners to play in a team with a system oriented in dump and chase and play the whole shift fighting along the boards and making all their plays on the outside...

doesnt make any sense to me, with our system we need warriors. Soft guys with speed and good hands and no grit are absolutely useless in NJ's system. Semin would pretty much be GUARANTEED to have his worst season ever in NJ

I am not a Semin fan nor I want him but give the guy credit for what he did in the first two series against Boston and New York. He bought into Hunters system and was not a liability out there. He was diving to clears pucks, and he was taking big hits to make a play. It was good to see him do that although it was just 14 gms worth, the guy has so much talent. It should be interesting to see how he adapts to whatever team signs him, if he does not bolt for the KHL.

Edited by Zubie#8

Well Kane is in hot water over in Chicago for being a party boy and being in a bad state over on the social media scene. I would think that's why Chicago is discussing a move like this but I don't consider an "outgoing" player such as Pat Kane to be Lou's type of player. Making this all the stranger.

As for Semin? We'd need to make a splash if this move doesn't happen and if we lose Parise. Who is to say P.A. Parentau has as good of a season here as he's been having with the Isles? Semin seems to be the best forward consolation prize if this Kane thing doesn't happen and Zach bolts.

Edited by TheMazz
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.