307 replies to this topic

#21 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

If anyone beyond Visnovsky and some fringe guys(maybe), no one's staying in the KHL. Bad flight safety records, it's fvcking cold, Siberia, cold, lots of travel, really cold. Guys are gonna come back.

I don't doubt that, but it's crazy to think that there was at least some talk of those 4 guys staying. I wonder if Brooks' source is reliable or if it's sensationalized BS.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

If brooksie only decided to put that out there now after the kovy rumors started today and not last week when he had the scoop, it just shows how much he thinks of it himself

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I wonder if Brooks' source is reliable or if it's sensationalized BS.

I'm going to go with the second option.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,515 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I don't doubt that, but it's crazy to think that there was at least some talk of those 4 guys staying. I wonder if Brooks' source is reliable or if it's sensationalized BS.

I think Russia is really worried that the NHL is not going to let its top players leave for the Olympics next year and is trying to put pressure on the league to allow them to do that. I don't know how much leverage they have in that regard.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Brooks is a PA source so if he's saying the PA was involved... Datsyuk would be a little weird included in that group.

Kovalchuk has played this leverage game with SKA before, he did it in between contracts in 2010. Not sure what the hell he thinks his leverage is, maybe he goofily thinks he's going to get his full $11M for year 3 on his deal if he doesn't show up until September.

Edited by maxpower, 08 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#26 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'll bet he just wants to make sure the NHL will allow players to partake in the Olympics

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#27 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'll bet he just wants to make sure the NHL will allow players to partake in the Olympics

Well, that's not being negotiated until later so if he's waiting for that, he'll be waiting awhile and will risk getting his contract nuked for it.

#28 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

man the devils fans used to be cynical of all media sources now you all jump at any bad press like new found sliced bread. the guy is not coming back until there is a real cba to sign that's all. didn't you learn that you can't trust the russian media after all the kings and khl bullsh!t. chill people he'll be here for the camp.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kovalchuk to R-sport: "I can't exclude the possibility to stay in Russia for whole season. Family is in Moscow, won't hurry"

alright can they fvcking get godamn CBA sorted out so that he gets he ass back here

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Kovalchuk to R-sport: "I can't exclude the possibility to stay in Russia for whole season. Family is in Moscow, won't hurry"

alright can they fvcking get godamn CBA sorted out so that he gets he ass back here

Link???? That's freaky...

#31 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

"I can't exclude possibility I kick Bettman ass but I lose monay I stay in Soviet for Putin"

#32 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

He's said alot of things. People can say what they want about Ovechkin but he's the only one of the guys Brooks listed that left, and he's back with his team. Datsyuk is still with SKA too.

#33 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Okay, now Kovy's pissing me off.. "Not in a hurry to get to America... Time will tell (if I stay in the KHL). Nothing is out of the question" from https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud

#34 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Posted from over on HF

http://rsport.ru/hoc.../638725595.html

Kovalchuk said he is in no hurry to leave the SKA, as he wanted to maintain a good shape. "The official agreement in the NHL yet, so why not play. No doubt I have, some details of the new agreement is being finalized. While there is time, it is necessary to keep yourself in shape, you need to pay tribute to the fans and the club," - said the player.

Hockey player commented on the decision a number of players who have come to the CHL for the lockout, return to the NHL as soon as the NHL announced a preliminary agreement between the league and hockey players."Everyone has his head on his shoulders. I have family in Moscow.'s No hurry," - said Kovalchuk.

It's google translate but I think getting the full quote is much less scintillating than the smaller version on twitter.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Are all of you seriously trusting any of these Russian reporters after all the nonsense they have put out over the years?

#36 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

It's google translate but I think getting the full quote is much less scintillating than the smaller version on twitter.

Yeah, that's actually a lot more reasonable than the little soundbyte quote. The way Russian translates to English doesn't help ease the nerves either. I guess he's saying what a lot of us are saying. He can stay in game shape, AND show some gratitude to the fans and his team, two birds with one stone. If he were to come back today, he'd be twiddling his thumbs for a few days until camp..

#37 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Posted from over on HF

http://rsport.ru/hoc.../638725595.html

He's said basically everything, that he's coming back, that he wants to wait with Datsyuk for the all-star game, if Medvedev says it's okay, all the way to "well, maybe I'll finish the season with SKA". Only thing he said as an absolute is that he knows that SKA can't purchase his Devils contract, implying he'll eventually be back, no matter which solution he comes up with in his confusion.

Oh well, we'll see, if he waits out the all-star game, he will be late for camp, which will only be 4-5 days since we're opening on the road. At best he's just confused and not in any particular rush, at worst he's annoyed about not getting his entire salary this year so he's gonna make people wait out of spite.

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,515 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

He's said alot of things. People can say what they want about Ovechkin but he's the only one of the guys Brooks listed that left, and he's back with his team. Datsyuk is still with SKA too.

Datsyuk did not play for CSKA Moscow today, pretty sure he left or is leaving.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Is there a part of the NJD management/ownership that might actually HOPE that Kovy stays in Russia?

- potential voiding of $83 million remaining on Kovy's albatross of a contract
- cap space out the wazoo to rebuild, very flexible roster positions
- helps ownership with cash flow & future debt

Not saying it would ever happen, but it has to be in the back of the minds of JVB/Lou.

#40 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Datsyuk did not play for CSKA Moscow today, pretty sure he left or is leaving.

Kovalchuk was quoted out of his presser that he and Datsyuk were hanging around waiting to get cleared by Medvedev to play in the all-star game. Who knows, maybe Pavel left him holding the bag. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users