Do the Fire and Ice Lounges need some updating/refreshing?

Colorado Rockies 1976

Must be a terrible hockey season for the Devils, yes I have been following them and they stink, thanks Lou and here we are discussing the Fire and Ice lounge.

How about we talk about forcing Lou to retire along with Brodeur and firing DeBoer does that make sense?

Oh you are just no fun!

You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.

You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.

You are right but I did ! Like I read your crap. You go both ways cheering for and bitching against.constantly as the weatheer goes just to post here.

Edited by LucifersDog

Heres a slightly off-topic question for the resident "loungers":

A poster above mentioned the notorious empty black seats. Are these seats empty because everyone is up in the lounge or because they are too expensive and went unpurchased?

Just curious since I myself have never had one of those seats or been in any of the lounges.

From the ice lounge not really. There are always a about ten to twenty people in the lounge at any time during play and a few more watching from the credenzas right above the seats.

Long story short, the black seats just aren't being sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea what this post even means.

what i believe he is saying is one minute your joining the anti you suck people and the next day your telling us about how you got drunk and started chanting you suck at a game.. you bat for both teams.. and he is also referring to you posting a bunch of crap clogging up threads just to post when it is irrelevant or not necessary what so ever. ... just a guess

Well if that's the case, then I can definitely understand why he would think that.  One of my flaws is that I try very hard to be as objective as possible.  I always, and I mean ALWAYS try to see both sides of every argument.  So in turn it seems like I argue a little for both sides.  A perfect example would my opinions of Pete.

I have argued that he's a good coach because he has a good system in place and that his players like playing for him.

I have also argued that he should be fired because of his lineup decisions.

back towrds topic here.. watching the oilers/isles game and even their club seats (guessing they are the same location wise as ours) look much much fuller then ours ever do.. our clubs always look empty all the time....its a shame really and i know a lot of people are thinking because people hang in the lounges but...

I think he means you are a fence sitter on an unusually large amount of topics.

Thanks

what i believe he is saying is one minute your joining the anti you suck people and the next day your telling us about how you got drunk and started chanting you suck at a game.. you bat for both teams.. and he is also referring to you posting a bunch of crap clogging up threads just to post when it is irrelevant or not necessary what so ever. ... just a guess

Thanks

I haven't been to the lounges in a couple years but I don't know what everyone wants out of that section in terms of modernization, chargers for your phones I suppose?  They have comfy seats, a lot of room in the lounge and private bathrooms.  If anything they probably should upgrade their food options a bit, the only non-fast food/snacks I remember from there was one carving station and a sushi stand that frequently ran out of stuff in the first period.  You would think the food in that section would be a little more upscale (not that I don't like fast food but I can get that anytime with my f/b card) or at least have stuff you can't get at normal stands, but I'm sure Jeffy's financial situation had something to do with that too since the food quality there used to be a little higher.

Then again with Jeff they at least had real cookies/brownies and big ice cream bowls in the ice cream suite last year.  This year they scaled back to dime-size cookies/brownies and prepackaged Rita's ice cream cups.

Edited by NJDevs4978

From the ice lounge not really. There are always a about ten to twenty people in the lounge at any time during play and a few more watching from the credenzas right above the seats.

Long story short, the black seats just aren't being sold.

I just went on Ticketmaster and counted the number of clubs available...approximately 200 (close to 10% of the supposed 2200 capacity there).  But that isn't accounting for the number of broker seats that go unsold on a nightly basis...and a Saturday night game will be a little more in demand than weekday games too.

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges?  I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in.  Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game?  Are they open to anyone?  How is the food?  I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges? I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in. Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game? Are they open to anyone? How is the food? I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

They are only open to people who sit in the club seat section. It's free unlimited food and soft drinks along with private bathrooms.

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges? I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in. Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game? Are they open to anyone? How is the food? I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

You need a ticket to get in, period. I've heard a story where they didn't even let a Devils player that was out for a game into the ice lounge.

When you go in for the first time, they rescan your ticket, stamp the ticket and your hand, so you can't give it to someone else.

Since I can't go to many games because of the distance I always take my wife and kids to the lounges. I enjoy the food and of course the seats :) make sure you get there early for brunch! They serve eggs, bacon and more. The other foods served are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, pizza...carving stations, sushi, pasta and the list goes on. The nonalcoholic drinks are included.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin

Since I can't go to many games because of the distance I always take my wife and kids to the lounges. I enjoy the food and of course the seats :) make sure you get there early for brunch! They serve eggs, bacon and more. The other foods served are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, pizza...carving stations, sushi, pasta and the list goes on. The nonalcoholic drinks are included.

is the food actually of good quality type food or is it sh!t like most of the other food they sell around the arena?

is the food actually of good quality type food or is it sh!t like most of the other food they sell around the arena?

Decent. I remember there was a carving station, a made to order pasta station and build your own taco station. There was also a small dessert as well. The rest is pretty much the same but I remember the pizza were these small personal pizzas you can get and they make them in what looks to be wood burning ovens but not sure.

Decent. I remember there was a carving station, a made to order pasta station and build your own taco station. There was also a small dessert as well. The rest is pretty much the same but I remember the pizza were these small personal pizzas you can get and they make them in what looks to be wood burning ovens but not sure.

wow no sh!t! i have yet to sit in club seats.. i cant justify spending that much money when ive already attended 13-14 games but it is certainly something on my list that i need to try soon!

It's good...my wife always heads to the carving station and pasta. They loaded my plate so high with bacon and eggs I had to give some to my kids :)

They have cookies, brownies, pastries, candy and fruit for desert and snacks.

sorry i'm late to the topic - as a ice lounge STH since day 1 i'll answer as many questions about the lounge that have been asked

it's essentially the same since it opened. i have absolutely no problem with it and don't think it needs updating.

-as has been said, when it's a sell out, it can get a bit cramped but not too terrible

-bar stays open an hour after the game but very few people stay.

-carving station used to be its own but they combined it with the rotating food station on the lafayette entrance.

-cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken fingers, hot dogs on lafayette side kitchen

-salad bar on lafayette side (two soups also)

-coffee in the center

-sushi (same as at Yankee Stadium - not bad at all) - it used to be on the side by the goal bar but the line would snake all the way into the back corner by one of the mens bathrooms, so they moved it into the middle.

-hot food station by goal bar rotates 4 different foods each game - things like pastas, chicken, fish, etc

-what used to be a pasta station has been replaced by desserts which used to be in the center but moved to leave a little more open flow. desserts are usual cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, brownies

-pizza and pretzels on goal bar side kitchen

-the bar occasionally does have the frozen ice inlay but usually not anymore

-they did away with birch beer and replaced it with lipton brisk raspberry ice tea which is the worst

most nights, 35% of black seats are unfilled at least.

bathrooms do not have dividers between urinals

cool art on the walls in the ice lounge (black and white blurred hockey pictures)