‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Listening to Minneapolis sports radio station KFAN 100.3 FM online (I'm also a Vikings and Twins fan). They are absolutely/literally frothing at the mouth over the prospect of Parise signing. I'd say since 10am, it's been about 98% Parise talk and 2% Twins. Makes you wish there was a local media outlet here with as much hockey fervor.

239 users browsing as of the front page...is this some sort of record for one day and time? Everyone's waiting on pins and needles for any Zach news today

I'm pretty sure it was in the 500-600s during the Kovy saga

Listening to Minneapolis sports radio station KFAN 100.3 FM online (I'm also a Vikings and Twins fan). They are absolutely/literally frothing at the mouth over the prospect of Parise signing. I'd say since 10am, it's been about 98% Parise talk and 2% Twins. Makes you wish there was a local media outlet here with as much hockey fervor.

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch-kfan1003-fsngorg-discusses-zach-parise-and-ryan-sut-about-kfan-on-foxsportsnorthcom

Probably WAY overthinking things, but I can't imagine there being this maintained level of silence holding up if he had chosen either Pittsburgh or Minnesota. The excitement over a signing to either of these teams (especially Minnesota) would mean a leaked story or more of a scoop for the TSN guys... This type of quiet secrecy is very Devil-ish. I'm only saying that in response to the rumors that the agent meetings are done and Parise's out of Toronto. Just speculating here, as that's all we can do at this point lol..

Thinking if this is the case, NJ gets him. His hometown HATES the Blackhawks, and going to them is a nice slap in the face. Can't see him doing that.

Just thinking out loud...

Yep, huge rivalry between Minneapolis and Chicago in virtually every respect. Minneapolis definitely has a "Little Guy" complex when it comes to Chicago.

However, if he's not here, I'd much rather him out in one of those cities. It's almost tolerable. He's still getting booed either way.

I definitely think the tide has turned a bit today and I'm feeling a lot better about the potential of him sticking around than bolting. Yesterday was pretty excruciating.

Need to find out if I have to burn my wife's Parise Jersey, or get her another one.... Come on Zach!

Exactly! I only have a Brodeur jersey and if he somehow re-signs with us I made myself a promise I would drive down to the Pri Center immediately and get a Parise jersey.

Yep, huge rivalry between Minneapolis and Chicago in virtually every respect. Minneapolis definitely has a "Little Guy" complex when it comes to Chicago.

However, if he's not here, I'd much rather him out in one of those cities. It's almost tolerable. He's still getting booed either way.

I definitely think the tide has turned a bit today and I'm feeling a lot better about the potential of him sticking around than bolting. Yesterday was pretty excruciating.

Having to go home in the summer living in Minnesota while playing for Chicago-by choice and spurning Minnesota--would flat out suck for him.

Having to go home in the summer living in Minnesota while playing for Chicago-by choice and spurning Minnesota--would flat out suck for him.

Yea. Its not like Favre who at least lived in Mississippi and didnt have to go back to Wisconsin. I can imagine his Minnesota brethren BEGGING him to go back here if hes not gonna go to the Wild.

I'm trying to think of a Minnesota sports star who either left or went to play for a Chicago team and I can't.

Yea. Its not like Favre who at least lived in Mississippi and didnt have to go back to Wisconsin. I can imagine his Minnesota brethren BEGGING him to go back here if hes not gonna go to the Wild.

I'm trying to think of a Minnesota sports star who either left or went to play for a Chicago team and I can't.

Didn't Cam Barker end up playing for both the Wild and Hawks?

The Blackhawks are 7m under cap right now and they still need a couple players and really could use a goalie better then Corey Crawford. Obviously they can move players around to fit Parise in but I'm surprised they are on the supposed short list.

The Blackhawks are 7m under cap right now and they still need a couple players and really could use a goalie better then Corey Crawford. Obviously they can move players around to fit Parise in but I'm surprised they are on the supposed short list.

On XM, they speculated the Blackhawks would move Kane to make room for Parise...

But I agree, it doesn't seem logical that Chi-town is where he lands up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.