Sunny Mehta hired by Devils as Director of Analytics

Triumph

Is there any indication that the Devils have used the services of Sunny or Sai this season? I haven't seen a shred of evidence that says yes and a lot that says no.[/quote

I'm pretty sure I saw both of them in the press box at the Kings game last week. Both had lap tops, so I guess they were doing something. Kind of hard to see, but I'm pretty sure it was them.

post-2585-142792289594_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost-2585-142792328707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daniel

I'm pretty sure I saw both of them in the press box at the Kings game last week. Both had lap tops, so I guess they were doing something. Kind of

Checking twitter.

It's really hard to gauge from an outsider's perspective what the impact of a certain person has been. People easily jump to conclusions whenever a move is made that corresponds with what we perceive to be said person's opinion. It's not like Lou hasn't made moves in the past that would make sense from an analytics perspective, but future moves that do just that will have people saying "oh that's Sunny's influence right there". Same goes for "bad" moves or if the organization is still treading water a few years down the line. It's really hard to tell what type of influence and role Sunny has (is it more data scouting of other players/teams, more about getting data on your team etc). Director of Analytics probably doesn't mean the same thing in all organizations.

Is there any indication that the Devils have used the services of Sunny or Sai this season? I haven't seen a shred of evidence that says yes and a lot that says no.

Can't imagine any meaningful decisions being able to be made until this offseason. It's a game of patience, I guess, the bulk of their job will probably be a lot of reviewing of film from this season, starting mid-April onwards.