GDT: DEVILS @ Toronto

Steven M.

So is it just me - have I become that pessimistic?

Or is anyone else just waiting for the final nail for the coffin here?

No. I'm waiting for triumph to tell us the defense is one of the best in the league, run off some corsi/fenwick number, talk about shooting percentage, strength of schedule and trending up.

Then i'll feel much better.

• Like 1

I guess it really is hard to stay positive and interested with the way the Devils have been playing these last two periods. Hell, even Chico is talking about cupcakes instead of the game.

its funny that some people here are blaming the players for quitting whenever we have the lead or getting tied or wtv, while they are out there trying while they can't even try to stay positive about the game sitting on their ass in front on a computer

I think you are another one that really doesn't read.

No one said they are "quitting". (if i missed that wording, show me). It's either a problem with conditioning or they simply and inexcusably go into lulls at the worst times in the game all which might explain the patterns of blown leads.

Whatever it is, pretty soon it's going to cause a trade or a firing becuase this team has some serious flaws that ar enot being corrected.

• Like 1

Curious - Does anyone else seen the increase in "high risk" defensive plays as this game goes on?

A lot more blind back passes out of the zone.

A lot less skating it out of the zone and more frantic clears.

I wonder if it is conditioning or just mental fatigue?

the first goal was a total freak goal on a very bad matchup... what can you do against that really? people here need to calm down

Those goals happen when you go to the damn net. The 4th line got eaten alive. It was men against boys. They got caught with a 4th line on the ice which wouldn't be that bad if they had anyone who actually belongs in the league there.

I said it 100 times this year. This freak goal/bad bounces/breaks nonsense and excuses is coming from something right prior to the goal against. It's cause/effect. This sh!t is not appearing out of thin air. Rewind the tape and watch. It's always something.

Edited by SJP20

I can't help but thinking this defense doesn't look like it communicates with one and other. Each pair seems always to lose where the parter is positioned.

Even when the stand up against the forwards entering the zone against the opponent's transitions.

I don't remember seeing this at LA's game.