Backup Goaltender for Next Season - SCOTT CLEMMENSEN signed

Neb00rs

You can really draw three conclusions from Lou signing Clemmer:

1) He believes in Kinkaid enough to gamble on him. Lou would've paid a little more to get someone better/more established otherwise.

2) Tri brings up a great point...Clemmer is a perfect warm body kind of player. If KInkaid needs some AHL games to stay fresh in between NHL starts, Scott can ride the pine as the NHL backup. In Lou's perfect Plan A, Clemmer gets minimal playing time this season...some AHL starts and NHL relief appearances. He was brought here more for roster flexibility than anything else, and with the way he's played the last couple of seasons, even if he probably won't be thrilled about how he's ultimately used, he won't be in any position to complain about it.

3) Cory's getting close to 70 starts, maybe more. Lou may think Kinkaid is good for 12 starts or so, but probably not 20+. Great for Cory...he more than deserves this.

You can really draw three conclusions from Lou signing Clemmer:

1) He believes in Kinkaid enough to gamble on him. Lou would've paid a little more to get someone better/more established otherwise.

This, 100%. I thought Lou'd go out and get a bit more high caliber backup goaltender. But he didn't, he got Clemmer and can't help but think it's purely insurance like he said, for depth reasons. Kinkaid should feel really good about this signing by Lou.

I really hope Marty signs with another team sooner rather than later as the longer this drags out, the louder the Marty fanboys are getting.  Someone on FB (I know yes it's the peanut gallery of this fanbase) suggested that Marty is worth $2-4million as a backup or co-starter somewhere, even on the Devils.

In short, I just want this to end.

I really hope Marty signs with another team sooner rather than later as the longer this drags out, the louder the Marty fanboys are getting.  Someone on FB (I know yes it's the peanut gallery of this fanbase) suggested that Marty is worth $2-4million as a backup or co-starter somewhere, even on the Devils.

I don't think it's likely to end.  Brodeur has certain jobs in mind, and those aren't available.  He'll probably have to wait for an injury.

I really hope Marty signs with another team sooner rather than later as the longer this drags out, the louder the Marty fanboys are getting. Someone on FB (I know yes it's the peanut gallery of this fanbase) suggested that Marty is worth $2-4million as a backup or co-starter somewhere, even on the Devils.

I just want him to retire. I hope no one signs him and its the end for him. Unfortunately he would just be a problem on this team with Schneider here.

Marty isn't going to retire. He's going to wait for an injury. This will drag into training camp at the very least, I have no doubt.

I guess Marty could be going with this strategy, but I don't know, he'd have to be banking on that if there is an injury, he will be the guy the team looks to sign.

I guess Marty could be going with this strategy, but I don't know, he'd have to be banking on that if there is an injury, he will be the guy the team looks to sign.

Marty's ego probably has him convinced he'd be the only decent option. Who else is out there besides Tim Thomas? It looks like all of the younger, cheaper back-up options have signed somewhere. Of course just as I posted this, I remember Bryz is still out there. Edited by MadDog2020

Marty's ego probably has him convinced he'd be the only decent option. Who else is out there besides Tim Thomas? It looks like all of the younger, cheaper back-up options have signed somewhere. Of course just as I posted this, I remember Bryz is still out there.

I suppose Vokoun, Thomas, Bryz are indeed the only UFAs but given injuries teams may look to trade too.