Criticize Brodeur Here

14gionta14

dude Broduer is washed up. Pure and simple. Look at the big picture and stop being so myopic. He's a shell of his former self. Clemennson looked better than him this yr even in the limited time broduer got. Im pretty sure with clemmer we move on to 2nd round.

See if we could trade broduer for a 2009 1st round pick in a stacked draft

If he's the best goalie in the world, he should have had the first and last goals.

Sweet point! Your right hes not human or anything. They were 2 awkward angle shots that nobody including Marty expected to come his way. He was also superb for the rest of this game and series. Without Marty we go down in 5. He kept us in this series against a younger, faster, and better team.

Roy has way more playoff wins than Brodeur. So . . .

You know I really thought that Marty was going to be Conn Smythe material this season.

I've heard him say many times after great wins that luck played a part. He got no luck tonight. Damn Carolina curse.

Sweet point! Your right hes not human or anything. They were 2 awkward angle shots that nobody including Marty expected to come his way. He was also superb for the rest of this game and series. Without Marty we go down in 5. He kept us in this series against a younger, faster, and better team.

And a younger goalie. I won't give up on Marty just yet. But he must get us, at the very least, deep into the playoffs before he retires. Notice I'm not demanding he gets us another Cup, but it would be nice.

At least the rags lost too. I believe henny cried.

Why is everyone attacking Marty? If our team came out every single game playing with heart and our defense could end up clearing the puck once a while at the end of the game with less than a minute left we would of had the series. At times during the series our team wasn't the better team and the Canes were playing better and playing to win.

How many times has Roy been bounced in round 1?

How many times has Brodeur?

I'm not going to bother looking up the stats, but I promise you Roy never played with a D half this bad in front of him. Also thats simply a pointless stat, it doesnt take into account how either goalie actually performed or the quality of team they faced. We couldve beat Montreal this year with Gionta, and I mean Brian, in net.

Why is everyone attacking Marty? If our team came out every single game playing with heart and our defense could end up clearing the puck once a while at the end of the game with less than a minute left we would of had the series. At times during the series our team wasn't the better team and the Canes were playing better and playing to win.

Yeah wtf is the puck clearing problem? It's like the canes have puck magnets on their sticks.

Shouldn't the goalie be ready for a shot to come his way when the opposing players faces the net and pulls back his stick to shoot? When did I ever say that he's not human? He is, and make two big mistakes; the timing just happened to be awful. Thanks for proving my point.

Are you sarcastic because you hope that it hides your lack of knowledge?

Over the past few years, my ability to defend Marty has diminished. The fact that the team gelled behind clemmenson kind of put a big hit on my will to do the defending anymore.

Point is, plain and simple, Marty plays a very reactive style of goaltending. He's not predictable, but he doesn't have the reflexes for it anymore. He's older. The goods don't work like they used to. Athletes rarely talk about it, but it's true. I recognize it in myself, and I'm 4 years younger and obviously was never as fine tuned as he was. I guess it's a catch 22... a butterfly style will break down your body faster, but a reflex style doesn't suit an older player. If you're saying you can't see it after watching all season, you weren't looking. He just can't squeeze pucks anymore, it's like watching a sieve.

I'm sorry, but I really think Marty is done. I was pretending to see the emperors clothes for the last couple seasons, but i can only pull that off for so long after watching him consistantly be outdueled by other goalies when it matters. This year was the worst.

The other thing that i really can't take anymore is having Chico point out every time that Brodeur saves something that suits a hybrid goalie, but never pointing out ALL THE TIMES when any garden variety minor-league butterfly goalie would have made a save that marty didn't. Particularly, but definitely not limited to, the GWG from game 5

One of the big problems is that the devils are very loyal to aging players, but this is tough because marty is expecting to get 70+ games next season, and i don't think it's in the best interest of the team.

Edited by davieboynj

If we are this upset over the goals. Imagine how Marty feels.

To tell you the truth, I actually wonder how much he cares. I'm obviously not an NHL player so I don't know. Are they as angry as us? Or do they go home to their multi-million dollar homes and relax until next year while we work our asses off in difficult daily jobs? The reason I care about this team so much is because it's a break from the stress and problems of reality. But for them, hockey is reality.

To tell you the truth, I actually wonder how much he cares. I'm obviously not an NHL player so I don't know. Are they as angry as us? Or do they go home to their multi-million dollar homes and relax until next year while we work our asses off in difficult daily jobs? The reason I care about this team so much is because it's a break from the stress and problems of reality. But for them, hockey is reality.

i'm sure they care. I just really wish they didn't have to be all diplomatic and tell us how they really feel in their post game interviews

There are 5 players on the ice besides Marty if they actually touched the puck at any point in the last 3 minutes before the game was tied Marty wouldnt have had to carry the team alone.

It has, IMO, been clearly demonstrated Marty can't do that. For a game, yes. But not a whole series. Not now.

It's about time the team made the adjustments needed so that he doesn't have to.

It's an all around collapse, but only one guy has his intials on his helmet....

Did you not see what happened at the end of game 4, and what happened in game 5 as a result of it?

I find myself asking this question also. (with my Yanks & Jets too) The amount of money that the American athlete makes... it's absurd. Granted football & baseball are both worse, but hockey's getting there.