GDT New Jersey Devils at Leafs 7PM MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Btw, how about running one of these piece of sh!t opposing goaltenders for once? I've had it with average cocksuckers like James Reimer looking like Ken fvcking Dryden against us. Enough. Put the next a$$hole through the fvcking boards if it means getting any kind of edge to score A goal.

It wouldn't and it would probably just result in a more depleted roster due to suspension.

. Who cares at this point? If you can't beat 'em, beat the sh!t out of 'em.

By the same token, you shouldn't have to be 'perfect' just to get a point. And it wasn't a horrible goal, if the Leafs had got 30 shots and he gave up the same goal nobody would have said ****. Or maybe they would have, this is NJDevs after all. Blame the 40-year old goalie who gives up one goal when about $30 million worth of forwards can't put ONE ****ING PUCK IN NET ON SEVENTY SHOTS IN TWO GAMES!!!

Yeah like I said the forwards deserve their fair share of the blame too by not burying basically any of their chances.

It's just frustrating when the chances are there and brodeur seemingly gives up a goal like that. It seems like they have to be perfect to win these games and the devils make it easy on Marty by allowing very few shots on net only to get beaten.

We have outshot our competition in the last two games by about a 3-1 margin and still lost. It's frustrating and baffling.

he had 1 tough save to make in 2 games. ONE. The 2 on 0 breakaway. The kessel shot was an average scoring chance. Not super hard but not super easy. Anderson/Reimer make that in their sleep

He basically had 24 softies over the past 2 games

And how many slam dunks have our forwards had that they couldn't bury? How many power plays pissed away? Yet it's all Marty's fault with you every time.

Yeah like I said the forwards deserve their fair share of the blame too by not burying basically any of their chances.

It's just frustrating when the chances are there and brodeur seemingly gives up a goal like that. It seems like they have to be perfect to win these games and the devils make it easy on Marty by allowing very few shots on net only to get beaten.

We have outshot our competition in the last two games by about a 3-1 margin and still lost. It's frustrating and baffling.

How many of those are considered quality shots? Quality chances? Certainly Elias's was tonight and Henrique in the 3rd but if you're throwing warm up shots on goaltenders from outside the blue line, lifting floaters in in goal to get stoppages or shooting from bad angles without screens or men in front for 20, maybe more, of your 30 shots average a game you can't expect to score much.

How many of those are considered quality shots? Quality chances? Certainly Elias's was tonight and Henrique in the 3rd but if you're throwing warm up shots on goaltenders from outside the blue line, lifting floaters in in goal to get stoppages or shooting from bad angles without screens or men in front for 20, maybe more, of your 30 shots average a game you can't expect to score much.

Very true.

However even when you count the legit scoring chances the devils beat Toronto by a good margin

So I just ran the numbers and during this 10 game losing streak, the Devils have a 5.11 shooting % vs. opponents 13.64%. Shots 313-198 and goals 16-27 (not counting the phantom shootout goals). The Devils are taking 1.58x the shots the opponents are, but opponents are scoring 1.69x more than the Devils. INSANE.

Very true.

However even when you count the legit scoring chances the devils beat Toronto by a good margin

You have to finish them, though.   I mean Henrique's chance is a great, great, great chance and he made a great move to get it.    Then he just kinda inexplicably shovels the puck into Reimer.    There was alot of that today, smacking the puck into his pads.    They ARE playing well, but they have no finish.   So their carrying of the game just leads to sickening frustration.

I don't think people should be really surprised.  They've lost a lot of talent.  You can't take a deep run in the playoffs and say hey these guys are awesome their going to win it all next year.  Sometimes, in hockey you get teams like last years Devils that get hot and make a run.  The Devils were very close to not getting out of the first round last year.  The fact is with out Ilya Kovalchuk their offense doesn't exist.  I hope his doubters start to believe a little bit more because without him we would be what you see right now.  A very bad hockey team.  It's not about hard work all the time.  Sometimes it's about skill.  And we don't have any offensive depth.  If you ask me, I think this puts Kovy on the hockey god list.  That guy was worth every penny of his contract and the million and the lost draft pick.(which should have been Matteau)

The silver lining, if you want to call it that, is that the team is playing hard, and hasn't quit on DeBoer. It's been a dreadful run, but not the sort of thing that would set the team back in the long term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

The silver lining, if you want to call it that, is that the team is playing hard, and hasn't quit on DeBoer. It's been a dreadful run, but not the sort of thing that would set the team back in the long term. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That and the fact the defense had its two best games of the year without the slugs around.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Kovy is a crucial piece of the pie.. But he wouldn't have helped much during this pathetic run. He needs a partner in crime.. And until that happens this team is doomed.. Depth equals offense and without depth this team will be forever plagued.. Batman would had been nothing without his gay sidekick Robin. Baam!!