474 replies to this topic

#421 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Get Dustin Bifuglyn next year if he's available. We need someone with size and a mean streak.

Other than him.. anyone else who knows how to put the puck in net would be nice.

Edited by slasher72, 04 June 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#422 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

4 for Brodeur
Posted Image

#423 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Get Dustin Bifuglyn next year if he's available. We need someone with size and a mean streak.

Other than him.. anyone else who knows how to put the puck in net would be nice.

Eh. You brought it up. I've been wanting Byfuglien since 10-11 but I've been roundly thrashed.(Get it? Thrashed?) Anyway....

Need I remind everyone where out club was the season before? We missed the palyoffs. In the beginning of this season most "experts" expected us to finish 11th in the conference. Here we stand today, Eatern Conference Champions at the very least.
Hell! It was pretty scary the month before the playoffs because we kept going from 6th to 7th to 8th. No one recalls that we barely scratched by. If not for having the great record closing out the season we might have been out of the playoffs.

Now. We need, really need to get younger. I'm pretty sure we're one of the older clubs in the league. That's first order of business.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#424 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

I love Big Buff too but he's ridiculously overpaid for what he brings.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#425 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

I love Big Buff too but he's ridiculously overpaid for what he brings.

That and I doubt Winnipeg would move him anyway.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#426 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Its so easy to judge players from the sidelines (the couch) and say that they "suck". I'm as guilty as the next since I haven't played hockey in years! I will tell you this much...unless you know what it's like to lace up that old pair of Bauer Turbos and work your ass off on the ice and still come up short...maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge them for lack of work.

Just my take....Lets Go Boys! LGD

Fan from their opening night at the BBA!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#427 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Eh. You brought it up. I've been wanting Byfuglien since 10-11 but I've been roundly thrashed.(Get it? Thrashed?) Anyway....

Need I remind everyone where out club was the season before? We missed the palyoffs. In the beginning of this season most "experts" expected us to finish 11th in the conference. Here we stand today, Eatern Conference Champions at the very least.
Hell! It was pretty scary the month before the playoffs because we kept going from 6th to 7th to 8th. No one recalls that we barely scratched by. If not for having the great record closing out the season we might have been out of the playoffs.

Now. We need, really need to get younger. I'm pretty sure we're one of the older clubs in the league. That's first order of business.

I hear you bro. Sooner or later the team needs to get younger, faster, and stronger. The Kings have mandhandled the Devils for much of this series. I mean, they've beaten up our players pretty well and have been quicker to the puck.

As for Marty, he's great and we love everything he's given us.. I mean, you can't complain at all really, but he can't be in net forever. Sooner or later Lou needs to realize we need a young goalie to take over. As for the others, Elias will likely hang them up soon.. he's nearing 40. Ditto with Salvador, Sykora.

The team needs a youth movement.

#428 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm telling you guys we should have kept Trent Hunter. He's the reason the Kings are having success.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#429 hrasvalg

hrasvalg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

its a sad day, and now am I going to take out my anger on my employed

#430 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Series is over, fellas.
Posted Image Posted Image

#431 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Why does every NHL arena crowd but ours seem to come thru loud on tv

#432 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

In addition keep in mind that this current incarnation of the Devils has only been around since late February. Look at how well they played in four months. Subtract and add a little and there's nowhere to go but up.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#433 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Why does every NHL arena crowd but ours seem to come thru loud on tv

It's gotta be something about the acoustics in the Fire Lounge. The crowd sounds fine when CBC does telecasts, but they don't do it from the Fire Lounge like MSG and NBC do.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#434 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

i had to work tonight, i missed this one.. whats the gist of it/ whats to blame.

im guessin we just fell apart and looked tired in the 3rd?

did anything look good?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#435 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I can't wait to win 4 straight. History will be made.

Amen brother. Go Devils!

Zidlicky out, Tallinder in.

Thoughts?

At this point I'd throw it all at the wall. I love Zidlicky but these past 2 rounds have not been kind to him. I'd take out Zidlicky and Harrold and put Tallinder and Larsson in. I want to get Sykora in there to for his scoring touch. I like Josefson's game a lot so I'd take out Bernier instead. Perhaps the Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line could recreate some magic.

Damn proud of this team no matter what.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#436 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

It's never easy to see it all end like this...but exactly what way WOULD be easy to watch your team lose in the SCF? There really isn't one.

As long as the player handshakes haven't started, the series is still on, but it's really hard to believe that the Devils are coming back from 3-0. They haven't been able to buy a break, but I can't make a real case for LA not deserving to be up 3-0 in these Finals. I guess one can point out that Games 1 and 2 could've gone either way, but the Devils have had their fair share of "either way" games in these playoffs...they had to win two OT games in Games 6 and 7 just to get out of the first round.

And that's all I really expected/hoped for from the Devils this year...to get past the first round. Once they drew the Flyers in the second round, I thought they'd lose in five. They won in five. Once they drew the Rangers in the ECF, I thought they'd lose in six. They won in six. This has truly been a magic carpet ride, a run no one saw coming...it's unfortunate and sad that it appears to be coming to such an abrupt end, and for now I'm just going to hope that the Devils can find a way to force a Game 6...yes, that's getting ahead of myself, as we don't even know if a Game 5 is in the cards yet, but I guess in this season of surprises, I'm aiming high.

If anything good has come out of this, along with having a new banner to send up to the rafters and a month of entertaining playoff hockey, it's that it looks like the Devils have at least re-established themselves as playoff contenders for the forseeable future, and in the anything-can-happen landscape that has become the NHL playoffs, that's all we can ask for. Clearly Kovy is not 100%, probably nowhere near that, but he's shown that he can contribute when the stakes are raised, and that "one career playoff win" monkey that he carried (somewhat unfairly) on his back is gone for good. Year #2 of his deal couldn't have gone much better for him than it did.

I'll save the offseason stuff for when the offseason actually gets here. The Devils might be wounded, but they ain't dead yet.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#437 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

^^^

#438 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Best part of my night last night while watching the game Downtown Toronto at "Real sports" (best sports bar in the world, love watching hockey on a theatre screen) .. anyways.. best part was meeting and having a conversation with Darryl Sittler, who told me its too bad Marty just isnt getting any offensive support, cause hes having a great series.

The man speaks the truth !!
Posted Image

#439 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

That first goal was extremely deflating, you could see the intensity drop. we were clearly out playing the kings up until that point, then things turned. yeah the kings are tough and quick and are out-hitting us, but we are winning our fair share of puck battles. it looks bad when our smaller D-men get hit or cant knock a forward off a puck, but they also get it out quick most of the time. we havent been forechecked to death by any means

kovy is done. and if it is a back disc problem, then I am officially concerned! a few weeks of rest isnt going to make it "go away". would have been nice to see what he could have done if healthy. he's getting no respect from the defensemen when he carries in - zero gap

#440 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm not copying his entire post (Internet pet peeve of mine) but I totally agree with Colorado.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users