NFL Week 10....

CRASHER

*ugh*....Thursday Night games ALREADY??? Can't we wait till Thanksgiving?? I guess we need something to deflect away from the Joe-PA disaster right?? I'm still annoyed at this....I hate when Thursday games mess my routine, but we only have 7 Sundays left (*sigh* ....already)....let's enjoy em!!!

Thursday Nov 10:

Oakland at San Diego:

I gotta put the over/under on turnovers at like....8 for this one...what a disaster both teams are now...the Raiders have been embarrassing since McFadden got hurt, and Carson Palmer's lil crash course on coming back to the NFL after his hissy fit has only lead him straight first into the wall (good thing Al is dead, these results would be killing him eh?), then again Phillip Rivers is playing like he forgot that throwing to the other teams' jerseys is NOT a completion....this has clusterfvcktime written all over it....GOD BLESS IT....though I was gonna go see "In Time" tonight till I saw football.....*grumble*

Winner: Chargers

Game Quality: **** (this is a train wreck of anti-football delight!!)

Sunday Nov. 13:

Jacksonville at Indy:

Wow, a team that won't win a game.....and a team that CAN'T win a game....the Jaguars are a mess....least the Colts are getting what they wanted (and Miami already screwed up sucking for Luck.....damn I am gonna be pissed when the Colts get handed him....and the Peyton Manning breakdown will be fun at least....), the Jags allegedly have their QB....and NO ONE for him to throw to....but they have MJ-D and a feisty defense....that's enough to beat a team that majors in tanking.....

Winner: Jaguars

Game Quality: * (that's generous too)

Saints at Falcons:

Is there a more difficult team to get a grasp for then the Saints....good enough to run with the Packers....bad enough to lose for the 0-fer-Rams....geesh.....least Mark Ingram should play this week and the Saints can fake a running game...2-3 on the road is pretty telling....and the Falcons have figured out....hey, run the offense through Michael Turner, get the underwear gnomes and profit!! The Falcon D is still spotty, but the offense is going well enough to keep the D off the field, and I think the Falcons are simply playing better now.....

Winner: Falcons

Game Quality: ***

Houston at Tampa:

147 points.....that's all the Tampa offense has been good for this year...that's damned brutal...so were their losses to the Bears and Saints last week....this is not the right team for Tampa to be playing to get better....unstoppable running game....a defense that doesn't miss Mario Williams (sick eh?)...and hell an offense that doesn't miss Andre Johnson.....I still don't like Kubiak and I don't trust Schaub...but it looks like the 8-8 FAIL destiny is out the window now....time for a second round choke in the playoffs?? Should be an interesting watch at least.....

Winner: Houston

Steelers at Bengals:

The AFC North, and hell the top seed in the AFC are on the line here (a little early to think home-field, but it's a safe bet the winner in the North and the Texicans are getting the bye's this year)....neither one of these teams overwhelm you with "big time wins"...and this is a nice "Screw You Carson Palmer"....this team is Ginger-Powered (if only Jason Garrett was as smart as the Ginger of DOOM!!)....and they have some good balance on offense, and we'll find out about that defense this week....if they can shut down this Steeler passing game....well then even I'll have to be impressed eh? This has been a year for me eating some words (hell we all end up having to, I just come out and say it before it happens.....), this is a weird gut feeling, but what the hell....my normal logic has been AWFUL the last month.....

Winner: Bengals

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Titans at Panthers:

The Titans are maybe the most underwhelming 4-4 in the NFL....hell they did win them though....but the Panthers seem a team on the up....sCam Newton is getting better, having Steve Smith helps that....the Titans just seem lost and rudderless.....CJ is bad, Hasselbeck has no one to throw to, and the D is eh....and it's a home game for team sCam, and hell the Thursday Night game is a few hours away....I gotta get a move on this.....

Winner: Panthers

Game Quality: **

Arizona at Eagles:

I heard Arizona lost to its practice squad during practices this week....and I'm not shocked....can we blame the awful of the Cardinals on Joe Paterno too?? We might by the time the investigation is done....this is the perfect "get better" week for the Eagles....unleash fantasy football hell there pup!!!!

Winner: Eagles

Game Quality: DUD

Denver at Kansas City:

Teebow-ing.....vs Break-the-back-clicking (so I hear Chiefs Guy is married and expecting....and we thought he disappeared cause the Chiefs Blow....well congrats to ya Chiefs Guy!), I'm still not sold on this "Teebow just wins" crap....what did his prayer make Carson Palmer throw a 100 INTs last week?? Crap it might have....but I still believe the almighty has better things to do....but how did a 3rd string QB get a t-shirt deal in the off-season after all....things to wonder about....but still when I look and say Matt Cassel is better then you.....that's damning, and the Chiefs are just better....do it for the SPAWN OF CHIEFS GUY *insert cheesy music*....

Winner: Chiefs

Bills at Cowboys:

Yay, the Cowboys won a cupcake with Seattle....and the Bills were fed cupcakes by the Jets.....I'm still not feeling the Cowboys running game against a good team....or Dumbo when the game matters....and for Frak's sake, Marshawn Lynch ain't run like that since the Saints in the playoffs....that was troubling....Fred Jackson is gonna have a party of this fat slob's overrated defense... it's a shame I have NO faith in my team (though me and Sanborn already had the "my team sucks more argument")....and gee Miles Austin is hurt again....that dude is glass....it's a big game....thusly....Dumbo will poop the bed....thusly.....

Winner: BILLS

Game Quality: ****

Rams at Browns:

Two weeks ago this would have been an orgasm of anti-football....no Hardesty....the Peyton Hillis drama is AMAZING....and their offense is as bland as the quotes after a Stanley Cup Playoff game...the Rams have Steven Jackson....Bradford is getting healthier (and the offense has been better since snipping Mike Sims-Walker, oddly enough).....and the young D is getting better too....the Browns stink and have NO chance.....

Winner: Rams

Game Quality: ** (this will be amusing...)

4pm:

Ravens at Seattle:

The Ravens can keep patting themselves on their Manta-Backs (BTW, texting to gloat while I'm playing hockey ain't gonna get an answer out of me...don't make me pull out the Arizona/Jacksonville film on you)...Seattle is horrible an no-dimensional (well unless Marshawn is running on Rob Ryan's "defense")....then again, they did have to go to the wire with the Cardinals....naahhh, this game SUCKS man....

Winner: Ravens

Giants at 49ers:

.....and the rest of the 4pm games look amazing I gotta say....two of the most "under the radar" teams in the NFC, all they do is go out each week and do enough to win...the 49ers may have the most impressive set of wins in football right now....the Giants are a little limited on offense and not 100% on D either....while the 49ers got everything going right....and it's weird to see....but as good as the Giants are going....the 49ers are more better....

Winner: 49ers

Game Quality: ****

Lions at Bears:

This is a dogfight....oops...Vick's only the Lion QB in Madden 12....my bad....but still, the winner here is in the Wild Card driver's seat....and man if the Bears lose this it wipes out all their momentum...the Bears have been beating up on better opponents, but damn the Lions get extra love from me for crushing Teebow.....let us pray....maybe they should pray for a healthy Javid Best....he's not a game breaker, but he's a balancing act for that team, the Lion offense of late seems to be all Calvin Johnson or nothing....and the Bears have Matt Forte...you know I'm changing my pick....I don't think the Lions have a complete enough team to sweep the Bears....

Winner: Bears

8pm:

Patriots at NY Jets:

Alright, let me be the first to say it....the Patriots SUCK now...they're a bunt and single offense that refuses to run the ball, can't make a big play....and that defense?? HA...It's time to stop calling Belichek the "genius" now....if he was this smart he'd have gotten better people on defense, someone needs a personnel guy to balance this dude out....everyone's manning up and pressing the Pat receivers...and yeah the TEs get their cute plays over the middle....but they STINK and I can't support....like Deion just said "garbage on garbage"...the Jets will make enough plays....and enough stops on defense....this might even get ugly the OTHER way (man the NFL Gameday people are KILLING Chad-85 and the Pats offense)....and no more Albert Buttersworth.....

Winner: Jets

Monday Nov. 14:

Vikings at Packers:

Ah, another good game to be missing while playing hockey....the Vikings scared the HELL out of the Packers with Ponder and some big plays....and a surprising win on the Panthers two weeks ago (and a choke job field goal miss....), the Vikings might be up for this one...but still.....ain't no one in football gonna out-gun A-Rod....and the Packers can win every game 46-40 if they gotta....and certainly will this week.....

Winner: Packers

NFL Week 9 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Bengals....screw it, everyone else sucks and this won't last :P

2. Texans....my God, the world is ending.....so when's my wedding, I'm calling all other signs of THE END....

3. Ravens....yeah, whatever.....

4. NY Jets...glad to see the Patriots stick that big toe...right up their own ass.....

5. Steelers....a very soft 6-3.....

NFC:

1. Packers.... god this is dull to say this every week....

2. 49ers....solid, solid, solid......

3. Lions....time to get back to it....

4. NY Giants...it's always the quiet team right.....

5. Falcons....found their old game back and then some......

Ravens at Seattle:

The Ravens can keep patting themselves on their Manta-Backs (BTW, texting to gloat while I'm playing hockey ain't gonna get an answer out of me...don't make me pull out the Arizona/Jacksonville film on you)...Seattle is horrible an no-dimensional (well unless Marshawn is running on Rob Ryan's "defense")....then again, they did have to go to the wire with the Cardinals....naahhh, this game SUCKS man....

Winner: Ravens

Doesn't matter: you responded through this channel. :giggle:

I consider this week an opportunity for our O-Line to gel and get Lee Evans and RIcky Williams more playing time. This will be an exhibition game for us. A game we will not lose.

FYI: The NFL Network games should be considered the Secret Game of the week.

Edited by MantaRay

Doesn't matter: you responded through this channel. :giggle:

I consider this week an opportunity for our O-Line to gel and get Lee Evans and RIcky Williams more playing time. This will be an exhibition game for us. A game we will not lose.

FYI: The NFL Network games should be considered the Secret Game of the week.

I had forgotten the damned thing till I started writing this ....oops B )

Jacksonville was supposed to be that....Arizona was supposed to be a tune-up....be careful with that :P

the NFL network games are trainwrecks that justify the sports package (that and Red Zone)....and it makes my life happier since it makes ESPN dead to me, all wins!

Crash, I don't think the Pats are quite as bad as you've made them out to be, but they're close. Offense did what it had to do against the Giants, taking two fourth-quarter leads, but their D clearly can't ever be trusted in big spots. I can't disagree with what you're saying, in terms of the outcome...I think the Pats lose this one by 14 points. The Jets are primed for this.

The Jets are primed for this.

The Pats are primed for this..

..this is the rebound game that they've needed. The game that'll make the rest of the NFL world forget how NE's lost 2 in-a-row. The one game where (come Monday morning) New England can wake up, and yell to the world; WE'RE NOT DEAD!

The thing that concerns me regarding the Jets, is the; "cream-puff schedule" makeover. And this game will be the test..

Of the Jets 5 victories this season.. only 1 (Buffalo) has been against a team with a winning record. All 3 of our losses; Baltimore.. New England.. and Oakland.. are teams that are playing above .500 football. :mellow: This causes me to continually ask myself; Are we a quality team? --vs-- Are we an average team, beating up on those with losing records?

I guess I should be thankful that we're (at the very least) taking care of the games we're supposed to be. Especially considering the fact that, after the Patriots game on Sunday night.. the Jets only play 2 teams the rest of the way, with winning records. (Giants & Bills)

..I don't know though. I got this funny feeling we're smoke & mirrors, and that the Patriots will expose that this Sunday. -_-

Edited by Beezer34

The Pats are primed for this..

..this is the rebound game that they've needed. The game that'll make the rest of the NFL world forget how NE's lost 2 in-a-row. The one game where (come Monday morning) New England can wake up, and yell to the world; WE'RE NOT DEAD!

The thing that concerns me regarding the Jets, is the; "cream-puff schedule" makeover. And this game will be the test..

Of the Jets 5 victories this season.. only 1 (Buffalo) has been against a team with a winning record. All 3 of our losses; Baltimore.. New England.. and Oakland.. are teams that are playing above .500 football. :mellow: This causes me to continually ask myself; Are we a quality team? --vs-- Are we an average team, beating up on those with losing records?

I guess I should be thankful that we're (at the very least) taking care of the games we're supposed to be. Especially considering the fact that, after the Patriots game on Sunday night.. the Jets only play 2 teams the rest of the way, with winning records. (Giants & Bills)

..I don't know though. I got this funny feeling we're smoke & mirrors, and that the Patriots will expose that this Sunday. -_-

I don't think so.

Pat's are reeling and not very good. Teams are starting to use the Ravens playbook against Brady.

For all the credit that Brady gets (I think he is great) it has always been the Patroit Defense that won the championships.

The PAT's D just SUCKS right now. All those draft picks WASTED in recent years.

I don't think so.

Pat's are reeling and not very good. Teams are starting to use the Ravens playbook against Brady.

For all the credit that Brady gets (I think he is great) it has always been the Patroit Defense that won the championships.

The PAT's D just SUCKS right now. All those draft picks WASTED in recent years.

I agree with the point on Brady. He's a great quarterback, but he needs a good defense in front of him to be elite. (which is partially why the 2008 Pats still went 11-5 without him) Meanwhile, you look at a team like Indy.. Peyton is the ENTIRE team. Period! There's not even a question anymore after this season.

Regarding NE's drafting.. it may be time for BB to hand over the reins to the GM. The Patriots are paying for their poor drafting over the years, in spades this season.. which may be why they've been infatuated with overpaying/signing former Jets. (Ihedigbo, Ellis, Woodhead, etc.) The Jets meanwhile couldn't care less about the players New England waives; Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Albert Haynesworth, Tully Banta-Cain, Alge Crumpler. (although I would look to sign Gronkowski right now if I were Rex :whistling: ) I think Haynesworth in particular got a bum rap over there. You're not going to sell me that one player was the main reason why NE's defense is 32nd. :giggle: To me the release was more of an emotional/psychological type cut, to motivate the rest of the team. Lighting-in-a-bottle tactics, much like when they cut Moss last year.

------------------

EDIT: The thing is, even in their losses this season, the Pats have scored 70 points. So to beat them, you not only have to play well executed football.. but you need to put up (at least) 25 points or more. At gun point, I don't see the Jets doing that on Sunday.

Edited by Beezer34

I'm worried about the Pats game a little too, if only cause they don't tend to lose three in a row and this is really the first time we've been more or less expected to beat them. Rex wanted the rest of the league to start beating the Pats, they have but now we have to do it again otherwise the division's gone again and we'd have nobody to blame but ourselves losing to them twice :P

EDIT: The thing is, even in their losses this season, the Pats have scored 70 points. So to beat them, you not only have to play well executed football.. but you need to put up (at least) 25 points or more. At gun point, I don't see the Jets doing that on Sunday.

I think with Mangold back in the fold, this helps Sanchez. I think with the lackluster PATsy D, Sanchez has a big game and I think Keller and Holmes are going to have MONSTER games.

Crash, I don't think the Pats are quite as bad as you've made them out to be, but they're close. Offense did what it had to do against the Giants, taking two fourth-quarter leads, but their D clearly can't ever be trusted in big spots. I can't disagree with what you're saying, in terms of the outcome...I think the Pats lose this one by 14 points. The Jets are primed for this.

I'm mad at the patriots I admit, this arrogant holier then thou, we don't need the outside world or a running mentality (or good defensive players that this magic scheme is gonna make them good), when they've let all the good talent get pissed away (most notably Richard Seymour)....I've had it with them.....until they show otherwise I can't consider them a top-end team in the AFC, this was me in effect washing my hands with them....hell why even bring in Chad 85 if you're not even gonna DECOY with him?? It was just ....typical Patriots of late....

Hard for me to envision the Patriots losing 3 in a row. I mean everybody is dumping on them, all the pressure and expectations are on the Jets.

Poole is out, which not many people are talking about but you can't be short at all in the secondary when playing Brady

tough game to call.

Hard for me to envision the Patriots losing 3 in a row. I mean everybody is dumping on them, all the pressure and expectations are on the Jets.

Poole is out, which not many people are talking about but you can't be short at all in the secondary when playing Brady

tough game to call.

They deserve it right now. It's not like they went 5-1 and looked awesome doing it, then stumbled. They had issues then (especially on defense) and they have issues now.

I'm in Disney right now, on va-kay, but I'm still watching...I feel like the Pats are dead men walking tonight. I just get the feeling the Jets are going to explode. The Pats can still recover and win the division, but not tonight. This is the Jets' night.

McCourty toasted on the first two plays...you useless piece of sh!t. Just throw on him every play.

Great gameplanning yet again Bill. Remember when you actually tried to come up with a way to stop the other team's offense?

Wow did your unit get lucky on that one.

Pretty good recovery by the Pats' D after that first drive, but there's no way they can be expected to keep that up for a full game.

Pats' O stalls again. Six points ain't getting it done boys. Jet O will get it going eventually.

Pretty good recovery by the Pats' D after that first drive, but there's no way they can be expected to keep that up for a full game.

Pats' O stalls again. Six points ain't getting it done boys. Jet O will get it going eventually.

You will if the offensive line keeps resembling turnstile central :argh:

Wow, a safety...at least Brady doesn't look all that in sync so far, but the offense needs to give Sanchez more than three ****ing seconds to throw.

That was only a matter of time.

Way to go with the 15-yard penalty. Way to have your team disciplined there Billy Boy.

Wow, Collinsworth is approaching Chico-levels of idiocy. First he wants the Jets to ONSIDE KICK with a minute twenty left in the half and a three-point lead. Why, to hand them at least three and probably seven points on a silver platter? Make them drive the field, especially when Brady wasn't in his rhythm - which of course he got in his rhythm in the two-minute drive :rolleyes:

Then on the TD Collinsworth thought the Pats weren't set. Really, when Wilkerson jumps five yards offsides? How you let the big TE even get that wide open on 3rd and 17 is beyond me. Just when the offense finally found a little bit of a groove, the D gives it right back up.

Amazing. How can NOBODY fall on a fvcking football?

Typical Jets, all talk but can't ever get the job done when the chips are on the line. I feel like Walter Matthau in the first Bad News Bears movie when he snaps towards the end:

'All season long, you've been laughed at, crapped on. Now you've got a chance to spit it back in their faces and what do you do? You're out there like a bunch of dead fish, bonehead plays, mistakes. Don't you want to beat those b******s?!'

Hahaha and then they 1-up it by completely botching a sack when they had Brady dead to fvcking rights. Wow.

Horrible.

I would have thought for sure someone was held on the play, especially when they threw the flag but it turns out Leonard got the penalty :rofl::rolleyes: But hey, they deserve to get it stuck up their rear ends.

WOW they really got lucky on that one...hopefully NOW they at least hold them to three :P

Why on earth are they even throwing to Greene? Earth to Schotty, THE MAN CANNOT CATCH A FOOTBALL!!! This is a team self-destructing on national TV.

lol Gronkowski gets his TD now, wonderful. Maybe now the Jets will finally wake up and smell the embarassment that is their play.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wow. IF the Jets lose this game (and there's a loooooong way to go in this one), I put it much more on them than I do the Pats, though Brady has gotten it going. The Jets flat-out haven't executed, and that has led to 10 Patriot points.