Plane Crashes carrying Top HK Lokomotiv Team

jagknife

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They reported it. Buccigross was on with Melrose talking about it. Albeit this isn't a major headline to them as Peyton Manning taking a dump is, but it's what you get with ESPN.

If fgured they did some qucik report on it. but with a tragedy like this there should be a break in coverage to cover it. just pisses me off is all

If fgured they did some qucik report on it. but with a tragedy like this there should be a break in coverage to cover it. just pisses me off is all

I dont agree with this entirely. I'm not intending to diminish or take away from the gravity of the situation at all. Most of the players were well known to hockey fans, but it's small potatoes in the general scope of things from an American news perspective. There were also no current NHL'ers on the flight.

Not any of the major media sports sites (CNNSI, Fox, ESPN) have the crash featured on the front page.

More speaking to the safety of the aircraft:

"Newspaper Kommersant reports that airline Yak-Serivce is ranked DEAD LAST among all airlines who fly to EU by European Air Safety Commission"

Edited by ghdi

It's Fark. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T come up with something tasteless.

True and usually the comments section are as bad, if not worse, than the subbys and even they are appalled.

Someone also copy and pasted the dialogue between George, Jerry and Keith Hernandez from Seinfeld where they met Keith and George keeps asking Keith home come with all the plane trips baseball teams make how come crashes do not occur.

Doc: "Sizov's (flight attendant) condition better. 10-15% burns, hip trauma, broken bone at the base of the skull, shock."

It sounds like they will survive...but try living knowing that you were one of the two possible survivors even though Galimov's future is grim. That alone HAS to mess with your mind greatly.

It sounds like they will survive...but try living knowing that you were one of the two possible survivors even though Galimov's future is grim. That alone HAS to mess with your mind greatly.

Survivor's guilt can take many years, many cases a lifetime to deal with. Therapy will most likely be needed.

Alexander Vasyunov First Career NHL Goal

Was at the game and remember that goal and game because it was not only the 1st NHL career goal scored by Alexander Vasyunov it was also the 4-3 OT win over the Oilers that gave the Devils their 1st home win for John MacLean last season.

I was at that game too, with 3 of my children. Too sad

Alexander Vasyunov First Career NHL Goal

Was at the game and remember that goal and game because it was not only the 1st NHL career goal scored by Alexander Vasyunov it was also the 4-3 OT win over the Oilers that gave the Devils their 1st home win for John MacLean last season.

I was at that game too. He and Tedenby both scored their first NHL goals that night.

Less government regulations I guess. Kind of like what Ron Paul wants.

That is a silly and pedestrian conclusion. The government has regulations, but it is following through and enforcing those regulations that have been the problem. Corruption and years of apathy (they still have a lot of the old Soviet habits) still linger in that country.

This has to be the worst off-season in hockey history . My condolences to all families and relatives

I agree. I know this is off topic, but while we're on a grim subject, I noticed your avatar, so have you seen the documentary "Senna" I saw a couple days ago, but everyone I talk to looks at me retarded when I mention F1. I just wanted to get at least one other persons perspective on it and I've had quite a difficult time finding anyone else who's seen it.

mrthemike, on 07 September 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Less government regulations I guess. Kind of like what Ron Paul wants.

I don't much about politics but this would never happen here. No NHL team or sports club would be flying such an old plane with poor management, etc.

Plus, aren't KHL owners like oiler owners and stuff? Those a$$holes should be providing a better plane..no?

R.I.P

That is a silly and pedestrian conclusion. The government has regulations, but it is following through and enforcing those regulations that have been the problem. Corruption and years of apathy (they still have a lot of the old Soviet habits) still linger in that country.

Fair enough, poor enforcement of regulations.