GDT 2/12/11 Devils vs. Sharks

ZeroGravityFat

I think he'll still have them from time to time, but he's clearly becoming much more sound all-around. This wasn't one of his better games, yet he still found a way to get a couple of points, and scored on his one and only shot. I think he's up to 27 points in his last 31 GP...he keeps doing that, continues to improve the other parts of his game, and keeps the brainfarts to a minimum, I'll happily take it.

Here here.

I'm sure the bolded part has you wetting your pants, but in Marty's last 11 appearances, he's 8-1-1 with a 1.79 GAA and a .933 save%. Pretty damned good.

I agree Marty has been on fire as of late.

The bolded statement, however, gives me hope for when he hangs them up. They can win without him without having an Elite goalie between the pipes. Success can be accomplished once he is done being our cornerstone.

Either was, congratulations Devils, another hard fought, no quit effort.

Also, thank you to the fans that went tonight, I couldn't make it because I had a very important meeting this morning which I had to focus on, but hearing that atmosphere on TV was amazing. The 3rd period sounded like a playoff game... in Western Canada. So much energy, just freaking awesome.

If they did not replay it I can only assume that it was a good goal then. Why wouldnt they replay it otherwise?

I was hoping it would've counted too. All I know is that when they came back from the commercial break, Cangiolosi briefly mentioned that it crossed the line after time expired. I think that was the last time anyone mentioned it. I can only guess that because the Devils won the game, they figured it wasn't that important.

If they did not replay it I can only assume that it was a good goal then. Why wouldnt they replay it otherwise?

They reviewed it and it went in after the buzzer.

It was pretty clear with no replay though that it was at least a half second late if not more than that. But who cares?

Edited by iamtheprodigy

Did Elias "score" an empty net goal at the end that was waived off? I hear it went in before the last second ticked away. Was there a reply of the goal?

Actually, I was able to (miraculously if you ever deal with it) stop the OnDemand replay at .2 and .1 and it didn't look in either time. It was the angle from center ice, not the overhead net cam, but it looked like it crossed after 00:00, but like -.1 or -.2! So Close! If he ate Wheaties for breakfast it woulda been in! :koolaid:

Edited by Masked Fan

More positive Kovy numbers:

I've done my share of pointing out Kovy's struggles earlier, so it's only fair to post how well he's been doing lately:

Kovy's numbers over this 12-1-2 run:

15 GP, 9 G, 8 A, 17 Pts, +8, 46 SOG

He's been a minus player in just two of these games, and has been held without a point in only four.

This is awesome to finally see!