Oh these new owners are just dandy

RangersSuck23

i wonder how long before people complain about the seats that they received from the vouchers

I wish I could have used mine tonight from the cancer vouchers, but car issues so I'm stuck home.  Perhaps a good thing with the way it's going right now, but I still wanted the calendar :P

Ask the MLS about marketing to families as opposed to trying to attract hardcore fans. And what marketing have they done? The team is no more exposed now than it was this time last year. No owner we've had as long as I've been alive has done anything in terms of marketing. Community outreach is pitiful, if not non-existent. I have never seen a Devils marketing effort anywhere, and I have lived in New Jersey my entire life. The only thing I can ever remember were ads at Parkway tolls during the finals last year. There is literally no excuse for awful marketing. In fairness, I don't live in North Jersey, and I've seen pictures of billboards, but don't wonder why no one shows up to games and the fan base is so thin when the team makes no effort to get involved with the community.

Calm down and give the new owners time. 20 years of non existent marketing my Scrooge McMullen and 9 years of marketing on a tight budget under JVB is not going to correct itself within a year and you know that. Give them 3-5 years before you start bashing.

Also to compare marketing from one league to another with a totally different set of fans and attitudes towards it is unfair and you know it.

I wish I could have used mine tonight from the cancer vouchers, but car issues so I'm stuck home.  Perhaps a good thing with the way it's going right now, but I still wanted the calendar :P

they gave out calendars once already this year should've been there! ... or they were magnetic schedules.. still a calendar i guess

wouldnt doubt if those numbers were about the same for the wednesday game.. yet all of these people cant get tickets for their vouchers still..

I had to give up my free ticket.  I donated it to Big Brothers Big Sisters.  

I'll be in 132 on Saturday though.  I'm actually 3-0-0 when I sit in Section 132, row 3, seat 13.  And we've outscored the opponent 13-1 in those games.  I'm only 0-1-1 in the two games I didn't sit in that seat.

Pitiful attendance tonight

It's our 3rd crowd under 13,000 people this year.

How many people did it actually look like were there though?  I'm sure there were plenty of people that used the HFC voucher for this game.  

There's something funky going on with the  attendance recording this year.  Here's our home game attendance numbers this year.  I bolded the games I've been to.

The most popular theory is that they stopped counting club seats and some of the luxury seats into the actual attendance figure.

16,624 - Definitely thought it was a sellout.

16,592 - This is the first game against the Rags not with a 17,625 attendance number since the Rock opened.

13,705 - Looked like 15,000 people.

12,964 - Looked like 14,000 people.

14,205 - Looked like 16,000 people.

they should be able to beat carolina my man.. however i think they shouldve been able to beat the jets too so really that means nothing at all... oh elias if only that shot was an inch or so lower the game wouldve been tied and who knows.. sighh

Every shot they attempted was either blocked or deflected tonight.  Or at least it seemed that way.

Another crowd south of 13,000 people.  These new owners aren't endearing themselves to the fanbase.

People don't buy tickets to see the owners. They buy tickets to see the team and the team, in all honesty, isn't very good. This on-ice product is not worth the ticket prices and it's showing. The discounts need to return badly (and i am saying this as a STH) because i think people are walking away feeling like they're paying for an inferior product that this point.

People don't buy tickets to see the owners. They buy tickets to see the team and the team, in all honesty, isn't very good. This on-ice product is not worth the ticket prices and it's showing. The discounts need to return badly (and i am saying this as a STH) because i think people are walking away feeling like they're paying for an inferior product that this point.

Well the raised ticket prices was whose decision?

Well the raised ticket prices was whose decision?

People didn't pay the prices 2 and 3 years ago under JVB, either. The only reason why the attendance spiked like it did was due to the all the discounts and free tickets they did. Had VBK not done this, you'd be asking the same question and you'd still have the same results as we currently have.

It's a learning experience and they best take note. They'll find out this team isn't a draw and when you put a product on the ice that's not very good....it's a bad mix. Discount the seats back and i think people are more or less willing to come even with a product like this. 

They aren't exciting, the games are rather boring (even when they do win). You're not going to see Kovy anymore or Parise, they don't have any "stars".

That's a part of it, and then you can add in the ticket prices, lack of discounts, etc.

I haven't been to a game yet this year, the longest I've ever gone into a season without attending. I'm not running to the building. It's easier to watch at home where I don't have to spend $75 getting there, paying for the ticket and grabbing minimal food. Oh yeah, if I take my girlfriend that's $140 for a night out to watch a mediocre team. Meh fvck that.

If I am going to watch a game I'll drop $30 at Whole Foods buy a ton of GOOD food (not sh!tty arena food) and watch the game here.

The Devils competition are the movies, tv, theater as well as the other teams in the area. I'm not paying $40/seat for nosebleeds. I'll give you 25 at the very max, even for  rangers game.

They aren't exciting, the games are rather boring (even when they do win). You're not going to see Kovy anymore or Parise, they don't have any "stars".

That's a part of it, and then you can add in the ticket prices, lack of discounts, etc.

I haven't been to a game yet this year, the longest I've ever gone into a season without attending. I'm not running to the building. It's easier to watch at home where I don't have to spend $75 getting there, paying for the ticket and grabbing minimal food. Oh yeah, if I take my girlfriend that's $140 for a night out to watch a mediocre team. Meh fvck that.

If I am going to watch a game I'll drop $30 at Whole Foods buy a ton of GOOD food (not sh!tty arena food) and watch the game here.

The Devils competition are the movies, tv, theater as well as the other teams in the area. I'm not paying $40/seat for nosebleeds. I'll give you 25 at the very max, even for  rangers game.

But not attending a game is always a cheaper option, so that hasn't changed and is never going to change.. Even so, you can easily find tickets under $20 a piece for weekday games (my buddy went for $13 last night and sat in the 5th row of section 119) on StubHub so I don't see how price is actually preventing you from going unless you feel compelled to buy directly from the team.. As for your organic (Whole Foods) diet, I mean it is what it is there.. They have a salad stand, or you could easily eat before the game as many fans do.. I really can't see how this prevents you from attending games or hinders the experience, unless you really prefer to be eating and watching at the same time

But you've totally lost me at not willing to pay more than $25 for a Rangers game.. I mean you're basically saying you're just very disgruntled and don't want to attend games this season, which is your right.. But don't go listing all of these easily-overcome reasons for not attending a single game, when it's clear that there's more to it.. You pretty much can't get into a Rangers game for under $50 so to say you wouldn't pay more than $25 is an excuse for just not wanting to attend any games.. Again, your right to refuse, but save the other excuses if you really just don't want to go.. Don't make it seem like to team should bend over backwards to provide you with <$25 tickets for Rangers games, plus Whole Foods-level quality food, that I can only expect you'd like at a more reasonable price than you'll ever find at any pro sporting event

• Like 1

But not attending a game is always a cheaper option, so that hasn't changed and is never going to change.. Even so, you can easily find tickets under $20 a piece for weekday games (my buddy went for $13 last night and sat in the 5th row of section 119) on StubHub so I don't see how price is actually preventing you from going unless you feel compelled to buy directly from the team.. As for your organic (Whole Foods) diet, I mean it is what it is there.. They have a salad stand, or you could easily eat before the game as many fans do.. I really can't see how this prevents you from attending games or hinders the experience, unless you really prefer to be eating and watching at the same time

But you've totally lost me at not willing to pay more than $25 for a Rangers game.. I mean you're basically saying you're just very disgruntled and don't want to attend games this season, which is your right.. But don't go listing all of these easily-overcome reasons for not attending a single game, when it's clear that there's more to it.. You pretty much can't get into a Rangers game for under $50 so to say you wouldn't pay more than $25 is an excuse for just not wanting to attend any games.. Again, your right to refuse, but save the other excuses if you really just don't want to go.. Don't make it seem like to team should bend over backwards to provide you with <$25 tickets for Rangers games, plus Whole Foods-level quality food, that I can only expect you'd like at a more reasonable price than you'll ever find at any pro sporting event

Ah Colin, the everlasting supporter of all things Devils :)

I'm not expecting Whole Foods quality food, that's a cute takeaway from what I said. The food at the rock is terrible. I used to like the sandwiches from Hobby, went there every night. They couldn't figure out how to keep Hobby's happy and they left. I used to like going to the other stands from "Newark" and they  too were good, until they lost them all.

I'm also far away, it's a pain in the ass for me to go. I spend more time traveling to the rink, than I am at the rink. I neglected to mention that's a part of it. My father lives 15 minutes from the Rock, he's only missed the Nashville game because he broke his foot that morning. I'm about 80 minuts each way to the rink using mass transit.

They play 44 home games a year. They need people to go to more of them, because they aren't enough people to go around.

I love the Devils, follow them super closely, but instead of going to 10-12 games this year,  I'll probably go to 5 including the Yankee Stadium game. I can get a better value elsewhere. I'd rather pay a little more to sit in the balcony of a broadway theater to see something truly unique like  Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart or Mark Rylance and what he's doing now on broadway. Of even off-broadway. The Devils are competing with movies, and theater, and the other sports in the area for my money. I'd rather pay $50 to see that (and it's easier for me in the city) then to spend $30 watch the Devils and Jets on a cold Monday night.

Most of it comes down to the team is just mediocre, and I have pretty much zero expectations for them. Every game will be a 1-0, 2-1 shutit down defensive fest with limited shots and chances. No thank you. They are very frustrating to watch.

Whole Foods is some of the most artificially marked-up overpriced stuff ("just because they can") out there, it's pretty ironic you bring that up... Just my two cents, and that's neither here nor there lol..

That being said, the food at the Rock is pretty bad!

Edited by DJ Eco

Whole Foods is some of the most artificially marked-up overpriced stuff ("just because they can") out there, it's pretty ironic you bring that up... Just my two cents, and that's neither here nor there lol..

That being said, the food at the Rock is pretty bad!

I think Whole Foods have a lot of great stuff that a lot of other supermarkets don't have.

You can have fun shopping at your Acme, I am good with my Whole Foods.

I think Whole Foods have a lot of great stuff that a lot of other supermarkets don't have.

You can have fun shopping at your Acme, I am good with my Whole Foods.

haha Nah, I'm just being snobby. The supermarkets around me (Hudson County) all started competing with Whole Foods like 10 years ago when it first opened nearby, so they carry a lot of the same stuff (and more) and without the crazy markup (because "green" is trendy). Just messing with you though  :dizzy:

Rumor going around that the new owners completely nixed "Earl's Dance Party"... Now that's just... dumb... why?

Hmmmm don't know really.  Didn't see it at the game last night and at the Kings game it was just "Devils Dance Party" or something like that without Earl.

Maybe Earl was sick or something happened to him or he got fired/laid off/quit?