The 2014 World Cup- Brazil

It would have been meh if Argentina won back to back games on pks after 0-0 it was nice to see both teams trying to score in extra time though. I'm glad it didn't go to pks. Didn't care who won but congrats eaglejelly have fun celebrating over there.

Thanks, I already quite drunk

Screenshot_2014-07-10-21-42-49.png

Edited by eaglejelly

Eh. It was still entertaining to watch. It took a perfect play for Deutschland to win. Sweet finish by Gotze, who subbed for Klose. Pretty cool. Messi certainly had his chances. That one rush and miss just wide he'll be thinking about for a while. And his kick was poorly executed. He really wanted no part of the trophy. Who can blame him? Germany was the best team. They controlled territorially and are such a fun team to watch off the rush. Congrats to them.

I disagree however about the statement that say that "Germany got a team and no Argentina that got only Messi"... That's not true... I mean the Argentine part. They do have a strong unite core. Just a lot less talented as Germany. And what a bench... seriously.. the deep bench make them win the cup.

They totally deserve it. No doubt... But damn i would have love for a third title. (More than a second title for France to be honest ; ) ) 

Anyway... Happy Bastille day everybody... 

oh wait.. ; ) 

Missed most of this thread with looking for a new place to live and changing jobs, but clearly the best team won the tournament. And it was way closer than it should have been in the final.

Germany had the depth.

Also Messi winning the player of the tournament is an absolute crime, he wasnt even the most impressive Argentinian. Mascherano was better than Messi in the tournament.

My Player of the tournament was James Rodriguez.

Congrats to Germany. 

Brilliant tournament all round.

I disagree however about the statement that say that "Germany got a team and no Argentina that got only Messi"... That's not true... I mean the Argentine part. They do have a strong unite core. Just a lot less talented as Germany. And what a bench... seriously.. the deep bench make them win the cup.

They totally deserve it. No doubt... But damn i would have love for a third title. (More than a second title for France to be honest ; ) ) 

Anyway... Happy Bastille day everybody... 

oh wait.. ; ) 

Of course Argentina are more than Messi, but they seemed to depend on him to create offense. Hats off to Argentina, they played a hell of a game. Surprisingly unlike 2010, it was their defense that that got them that far, while there offense failed them. You can't win a tournament without scoring for 320 consecutive minutes.

Losing Khedira 5 minutes before the match really hurt Germany. If forced Kroos to be more defensive and prevented him from being the creative offensive force. The best chance he created was for Argentina. Götze used to be referred to as the German Messi because of his unbelievable talent. There are still some aspects of his game that need improvement, which is why he lost his starting role during the tournament. Germany has unbelievable depth in the Midfield at the moment which was the different maker in the end. They is can afford to have players like Götze and Schürrle on the bench even though they were missing some world class player due to injury (Reus, Gündogan).

Germany didn’t play their best game, but thankfully they made it due to luck and Götze.

I don't think I ever scouted as load as I did when Götze scored. It even topped Henrique's goal

How Messi won that award is absurd. All of his goals came in group play right? Meaning hr didn't score a single goal in elimination play? That's unreal

Usually the Media voted for the player of the tournament. The only flaw used to be that the vote took place before the final. That explains why Zidane got it in 2006 and Kahn got it over Ronaldo in 2002. This time around FIFA decided to make the call the themselves. They probably engraved his name on the trophy even before the world cup started

Seriously.. is that a big problem that Messi got an useless trophy that no one care ? 

The only important things is the team trophy... And germany deserve this one... Without any doubt ! 

Congratz Germany ! You hurt me twice.. but hey ! 

It's like b**ching about Giguere winning the Smythe :lol:  Which is essentially what happened here, instead of giving it to one standout on the winning team (Muller), he gets overlooked cause the winning team had a number of guys that deserved almost equal consideration so the one-man band gets it instead.

Messi/Suarez/Neymar will not be sh!tty as well ...With a more dynamic group this year compare to the dead end as last season... barça will be really good ! 

Oh and Falcao isn't at Madrid yet... Benzema is still the 9. And honestly, i'm not sure Falcao is much better than Benzema. Especially in a team like Madrid where all the spotlight belongs to CR7. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...