ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Posted Image

Welcome back Anssi

What a disappointment that would be! Would it take 3 scouting trips to get a deal done for him?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#442 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Eckford was scratched out for a "lower body injury".

so, that window is either closed, or the mystique continues to grow, whichever way you want to play it.

#443 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

I just read this from the comments on TGs blog. No validity but could be something...

"Eckford and vas were both injured today.And there was most likely around 3-4k there. There were also scouts there from the wild and swb.
Posted by nick on 02/03 at 11:57 PM"
Devils.

#444 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

I just read this from the comments on TGs blog. No validity but could be something...

"Eckford and vas were both injured today.And there was most likely around 3-4k there. There were also scouts there from the wild and swb.
Posted by nick on 02/03 at 11:57 PM"

SWB?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#445 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

#446 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

That's what came to my mind, but I thought this person was referring to NHL scouts. Would they just be scouting the opposition?

#447 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

Holy Crap... I told my friend today that I'll eat my hat if this happens. I firmly believe that this won't happen, and if it does then I'll post a picture of me eating my hat. Sarge, if Oduya gets traded then you're taking Neids from me in our drinking game.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#448 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Guys stop doing this to yourself...
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#449 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

That's what came to my mind, but I thought this person was referring to NHL scouts. Would they just be scouting the opposition?

yep, they play in the other division, and it's a relatively short drive. might as well kill two birds with one stone.

#450 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

I am hoping I wake up tomorrow and see the deal announced. The past 2 days has been madness!

#451 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Watch us trade for dreck like Todd White and everyone'll be up in arms.

#452 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Well...I can't wait for SOME sort of explanation. I have no idea if it's a trade or what. But OY this is stressing me out...

#453 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

If the thrash had scouts there, wouldn't you want to play eckford and try to showcase him? or would he be scratched because a pmd would be involved in a potential trade (oduya) and eckford would replace him? who the hell would you go to watch play tonight? sestito probably had the best game out of all of them, palmeiri couldnt even keep his feet tonight

#454 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:16 AM

You think Kovalchuk would put a lot more people in the seats?
Posted Image

#455 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

You think Kovalchuk would put a lot more people in the seats?

For as good as Kovalchuk is he isn't that kind of star IMO. Don't get me wrong he is up there as one of the top players in the league but he never got the hype that Crosby, Ovechkin, and other guys who came up post lockout got. If you are a hockey fan you obviously know Kovalchuk. If you are not and are a very casual fan I'm not so sure.

Edited by jkrdevil, 04 February 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#456 bdubdevs

bdubdevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

From HFBoards:

Posted by Dagoon44 on the Rangers board:

Quote:
OK guys here is what I was just told by a NHL player. The Devils will be the team getting him and the package will be centered around Niclas Bergfors John Oduya ,Nick Palmieri and a number 1 is what he said he heard.

Supposedly this Dagoon guy owns a bar that a lot of NHL players go to or something. Not posting this because I think it has any weight, but more because it's an interesting deal. Don't think it would work, Bergy isn't enough of an established player to me.

#457 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

I mean I'm a hockey fan and I think I'd go to more games this season....the team is really good right now, even though they are in a slump, this could be a good year to go for it.
Posted Image

#458 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

For as good as Kovalchuk is he isn't that kind of star IMO. Don't get me wrong he is up there as one of the top players in the league but he never got the hype that Crosby, Ovechkin, and other guys who came up post lockout got. If you are a hockey fan you obviously know Kovalchuk. If you are not and are a very casual fan I'm not so sure.

Agree completely. I think it may increase attendance slightly as the hardcore fans would like to go see Kovalchuk. But he isn't the kind of name that would get the casual sports fans to go flock to The Rock....

#459 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

From HFBoards:

Posted by Dagoon44 on the Rangers board:

Quote:
OK guys here is what I was just told by a NHL player. The Devils will be the team getting him and the package will be centered around Niclas Bergfors John Oduya ,Nick Palmieri and a number 1 is what he said he heard.

Supposedly this Dagoon guy owns a bar that a lot of NHL players go to or something. Not posting this because I think it has any weight, but more because it's an interesting deal. Don't think it would work, Bergy isn't enough of an established player to me.

Rangers Bar? He probably heard some dude at Sean Avery's bar in the city.
Posted Image

#460 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

dont start believin. no please really. this team needs a spark in the worst way so of course this isn't gonna happen.

Rangers Bar? He probably heard some dude at Sean Avery's bar in the city.

this guy has a lot of devils players come to that bar for signings from what ive seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users