Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

Just saw over on accuweather.com that potential exists for another snowstorm sunday into monday just like the one we just went through. so keep an eye on the forecasts as the weekend approaches!

At this point I have seen in the past 24 hours predicting temps for sunday from the mid 20's to possibly 40.  I have also seen anywhere from cloudy to snow saturday into sunday and now snow sunday into monday.

At this point I will wake up Sunday morning, see how it is outside and just take it from there.  Screw the weather a$$holes.

At this point I have seen in the past 24 hours predicting temps for sunday from the mid 20's to possibly 40.  I have also seen anywhere from cloudy to snow saturday into sunday and now snow sunday into monday.

At this point I will wake up Sunday morning, see how it is outside and just take it from there.  Screw the weather a$$holes.

Hahaha couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

The subways and Path generally still run fine in the snow.  There may be delays here and there but you shouldn't get stranded or have trouble getting to the game in case of snow.

Taking the GWB into the Bronx on the other-hand when it's snowing might be a bit of a problem.

Getting a Garage in Jersey City/Hoboken/Harrison isn't a bad way to go either.  Hop on the path to the subway!

They predicted a crazy winter. It has been just that.

They predict that every year. They just managed to be right this time by luck.

Kinda like how ferry year since 2005 right before hurricane season they predict this years season will be the worst since 2005 yet it hasn't happened now for 8 years.

It's filler for newspapers and if you ever read Drew curtis' book then you see how often this happens (which is a lot)

They predict that every year. They just managed to be right this time by luck.

Kinda like how ferry year since 2005 right before hurricane season they predict this years season will be the worst since 2005 yet it hasn't happened now for 8 years.

It's filler for newspapers and if you ever read Drew curtis' book then you see how often this happens (which is a lot)

The crazy has more to do with the different kinds of weather we've had.  We've had thunderstorms, 60 degree weather, single digit temperatures, and some storms.

weve only had 4 storms so far.. it hasnt been that crazy see what happens in the next month

They definitely did not predict a crazy winter last year.  Last year we got the winter that was predicted which was a mild winter.

The crazy has more to do with the different kinds of weather we've had.  We've had thunderstorms, 60 degree weather, single digit temperatures, and some storms.

They definitely did not predict a crazy winter last year.  Last year we got the winter that was predicted which was a mild winter.

Wasn't it the 2011-2012 winter the mild one?  Last year I remember it being an average winter with not too much snow but temps were about right.

to be honest im sick of the snow and im hoping we really dont get much more of it!

Same here.  The older I get the more I hate snow.

Ugh... People talking about meteorology with absolutely no background knowledge or education about it. Drives me nuts because its my major. They do not predict a crazy winter every year, that's either a BS source or you are making it up. They were 'right' this year because Canada had an early snow cover which is causing colder than normal air masses. They never just make stuff up or make predictions based on nothing.

Ugh... People talking about meteorology with absolutely no background knowledge or education about it. Drives me nuts because its my major. They do not predict a crazy winter every year, that's either a BS source or you are making it up. They were 'right' this year because Canada had an early snow cover which is causing colder than normal air masses. They never just make stuff up or make predictions based on nothing.

Then explain how every single stupid year around spring or early summer we see an article with some dopey meteorologist who predicts that this year's hurricane season is going to be terrible and amongst if not the worst on record.

Hell I saw an article this past spring/summer saying the same thing and this year was one of the calmest hurricane seasons on record.

For every decent meteorologist there are 20 who just make wild predictions to get their name in the news.

Then explain how every single stupid year around spring or early summer we see an article with some dopey meteorologist who predicts that this year's hurricane season is going to be terrible and amongst if not the worst on record.

Hell I saw an article this past spring/summer saying the same thing and this year was one of the calmest hurricane seasons on record.

For every decent meteorologist there are 20 who just make wild predictions to get their name in the news.

Thats a very arrogant statement, name these dopey meteorologists to me.

People take predictions to seriously, do you understand how hard that is to do? Physics thermodynamics hydrology are all involved. As for the hurricane season they predicted at least 13 named storms and 11 occurred, ok they were not intense or hit land, oh well. When it matters most they forecast storms very well, they had Sandys trajectory predicted over a week in advance and it was a perect path. One of the mose complicated storms in our history was perfecty forecasted. My favorite is people thinking tornadoes are getting worse and more common. This country averages over 1200 tornadoes a year, nobody realizes that. The reason why damage has gone up because population and development in the Midwest went up. I don't want to get in a long discussion but look up whose work you are reading, is it a meteorologist or a broadcaster like Al Roker, is it a climatologist or just some blogger. Everyone is just very arrogant about this stuff with absolutely no background knowledge.

Edit: ok NOAA was off by two storms, I bet they stated sometime over the season that the intensity is down because of the Atlantic and pacific oscillation cycles changed which causes dry air and more wind shear, people just see the first report before the season even starts but do not follow up on it.

Edited by Zubie#8

People take predictions to seriously, do you understand how hard that is to do? Physics thermodynamics hydrology are all involved. As for the hurricane season they predicted at least 13 named storms and 11 occurred, ok they were not intense or hit land, oh well. When it matters most they forecast storms very well, they had Sandys trajectory predicted over a week in advance and it was a perect path. One of the mose complicated storms in our history was perfecty forecasted. My favorite is people thinking tornadoes are getting worse and more common. This country averages over 1200 tornadoes a year, nobody realizes that. The reason why damage has gone up because population and development in the Midwest went up. I don't want to get in a long discussion but look up whose work you are reading, is it a meteorologist or a broadcaster like Al Roker, is it a climatologist or just some blogger. Everyone is just very arrogant about this stuff with absolutely no background knowledge.

First you accuse me of making this up and when I call your bluff and show you proof, you then go on about how we take predictions too seriously.  Pardon the pun, but I did predict this kind of answer from you right after I posted that.

Again, this is a lot of guessing work based on past models.  I know it is a prediction but to predict a bad hurricane season and then none hit land is like saying it's going to thunder every night during the summer and instead there is a drought.

I know the weather is unpredictable but at this point with the mix of meteorogolists, climatologists, and tv weathermen crying wolf to gain ratings (and in a lot of the times funding), don't be surprised when a lot of the public starts to roll their eyes more and more with these predictions.

Edited by DevsMan84

Edit: ok NOAA was off by two storms, I bet they stated sometime over the season that the intensity is down because of the Atlantic and pacific oscillation cycles changed which causes dry air and more wind shear, people just see the first report before the season even starts but do not follow up on it.

But why would they even want to do that?  If they did follow up with a lesser prediction, it was certainly buried as doom and gloom stories get more eyeballs on their website and more tv weatherman repeat these predictions.

Don't put it past these agencies to work the same way a lot of other companies do to get attention.  They need more attention for more funding.  Who would want to fund a boring agency?  (I am not being sarcastic about it, it's just how things are).

Edited by DevsMan84

I was typing my previous comment before you ever responded with the NOAA post so I was not giving you an answer at all.

Btw it is impossible to predict how many storms can hit land since they are steered by high and low pressure fronts...

You can have 100 storms and not one landfall due to the timing of fronts. There have been many active seasons without a lot of landfalls.

Edit: why would they retract their statement? Because it is not about being right or wrong it is about science. And you act like NOAA is not important, that's very laughable.

Edited by Zubie#8

I was typing my previous comment before you ever responded with the NOAA post so I was not giving you an answer at all.

Btw it is impossible to predict how many storms can hit land since they are steered by high and low pressure fronts...

You can have 100 storms and not one landfall due to the timing of fronts. There have been many active seasons without a lot of landfalls.

Edit: why would they retract their statement? Because it is not about being right or wrong it is about science. And you act like NOAA is not important, that's very laughable.

I never said they were important, but like all agencies they have to justify why they should receive funding.  Stories about calm and serene weather are not going to get them attention but doom and glooms do.  It's a fact of life and wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

Yikes.  Didn't mean for this to devolve into a debate on weather prognostications.

Just noticed the number of available tickets on the Hub has gone from around 5k to 1600 give or take. I'm guessing some of the listings expired??

All the tickets are hard copies so today is the last day you can have them listed as people then need to ship them out to the buyers.  This makes sure people get their tickets on-time.

Yikes. Didn't mean for this to devolve into a debate on weather prognostications.

Just noticed the number of available tickets on the Hub has gone from around 5k to 1600 give or take. I'm guessing some of the listings expired??

no it's my fault, I take this stuff to heart and haven't been on these boards in a while.

I can't wait for the game, I'll definitely be sporting two layers of full under armour.

Edited by Zubie#8

This!

I never said they were important, but like all agencies they have to justify why they should receive funding.  Stories about calm and serene weather are not going to get them attention but doom and glooms do.  It's a fact of life and wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

This assumes NOAA is woefully underfunded (which it is not) to the point where many scientists from different backgrounds/fields unanimously agree to sacrifice the quality/integrity of the very work they do and study, as well as their livelihood, just for NOAA to receive more funding? Not everything is a conspiracy.

I do agree with you that NOAA's predictions have been sh!t the past few years. They always modify the prediction halfway through the hurricane season so they dont look as bad lol.