Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

If Zidlicky is asking for too much, what does everyone think of trying to get Kaberlei for a year? Probably be real cheap and he could help transition in Gelinas, Merrill, or Urbom (or whoever else is ready). 

I know he hasn't been very effective lately but in a 6th or 7th role he could be worth it. Kind of like how we used Harrold last year.

he's been terrible for a few years now. No thanks. I'm sure Sterio could tell you how much they hated him in MTL

so per sources from quebec. Tampa offered Hedman+3rd overall pick for 1st overall + johnson. interesting but i wouldnt do it.

I wouldn't do that if I was tampa, especially since they already have a #1 center and you get Drouin at 3 and keep Hedman who's probably better than Johnson 

I wouldn't do that if I was tampa, especially since they already have a #1 center and you get Drouin at 3 and keep Hedman who's probably better than Johnson 

i agree with you... i honestly think that the no. 3 pick in this draft is almost just as good as the 1st.  

I think Drouin is the best player in the draft and if you can grab him and still keep Hedman than you have to do it

i agree with you... i honestly think that the no. 3 pick in this draft is almost just as good as the 1st.  

I think Drouin is the best player in the draft and if you can grab him and still keep Hedman than you have to do it

Yeah Pronman for hockey prospectus had Drouin deadlocked w/ the other 2 pretty much or at least on the same tier too. And if you want a center so badly that you'd want MacKinnon, there's Barkov. No need to downgrade on D where you're at your weakest going in. 

Edited by DH26

If Zidlicky is asking for too much, what does everyone think of trying to get Kaberlei for a year? Probably be real cheap and he could help transition in Gelinas, Merrill, or Urbom (or whoever else is ready). 

I know he hasn't been very effective lately but in a 6th or 7th role he could be worth it. Kind of like how we used Harrold last year.

Kaberle's claim to fame is that he was a Maple Leaf, so he is tremondously overrated and no one is interested in him for a reason.

Zidlicky will not garner the opportunities that he has here.  Minnesota showed team will not tolerate his defensive lapses at such a high salary.   NJ saved his career.

Letang possible new deal with the pens, i guess they are really close to get it done. 58millions. 8 years 7.25mcap hit. NTC with 15 teams submitted

damn thats expensive 25.45m in cap hit between 3 guys, they will also now be paying seven players a cap total of $44.3M in 2014-15.

Edited by SterioDesign