• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Would be even cooler if they gave us refunds for the first 2 home games in case people can't make it cause of prior commitments or work due to all this nonsense.

Dude, do we really have to go back to the infinite amount of posts saying you were boycotting regardless if there was a season, once they started canceling games? We all love the sport, we all love the Devils, we ALL want to be in Prudential Center doing what we enjoy most...that's Devils hockey and rooting for a win with our team and fellow fans.

Enjoy it, go to the games. I'm pretty sure you have a pretty good idea of which dates the games are going to be played. They've already said they are going as close to original schedule as possible. Figure 22nd is first home game, 15th IF they push a 50 game season. No need for dramatics, time to celebrate!

I'm still really hoping against hope that Lou brings another forward over via trade or UFA before the season begins. I think he was totally caught off guard with Zach high-tailing it to Minnesota.

I don't buy that he got caught off guard. There wasn't much he could have done without keeping Zach. He tried, he got beat, and thankfully he didn't make any bad signings to fill a spot like Rolston after Gomez. We may suffer briefly do to losing Zach, but IMO we'll be able to fill out a good roster long term with the pieces we have and the cap space we have with Zach gone (small consolation, but still).

Dude, do we really have to go back to the infinite amount of posts saying you were boycotting regardless if there was a season, once they started canceling games? We all love the sport, we all love the Devils, we ALL want to be in Prudential Center doing what we enjoy most...that's Devils hockey and rooting for a win with our team and fellow fans.

Enjoy it, go to the games. I'm pretty sure you have a pretty good idea of which dates the games are going to be played. They've already said they are going as close to original schedule as possible. Figure 22nd is first home game, 15th IF they push a 50 game season. No need for dramatics, time to celebrate!

Yeah feel free to go ahead cause that wasn't me. I said a few times that if the entire season and playoffs was canceled then I wouldn't have been back.

I don't buy that he got caught off guard. There wasn't much he could have done without keeping Zach. He tried, he got beat, and thankfully he didn't make any bad signings to fill a spot like Rolston after Gomez. We may suffer briefly do to losing Zach, but IMO we'll be able to fill out a good roster long term with the pieces we have and the cap space we have with Zach gone (small consolation, but still).

I think at least it was a mix of getting caught of guard and being cautious due to the new CBA and ownership situation.

I just hope the CBA and ownership truly was holding Lou back from bringing in more talent so now he has a clear opening and cap space to bring someone over. What we have now on offense is not enough to make us competitive.

Edited by CarpathianForest

While I can appreciate Devils fans' excitement about the end of the lockout, I myself am not ready to forgive and forget so easily.

I'm sticking with Just Drop It. I'll see where my head's at after 10 games minimum.

Yeah feel free to go ahead cause that wasn't me. I said a few times that if the entire season and playoffs was canceled then I wouldn't have been back.

And you're still saying and ho and humming you won't come back all along..dude give it up. You said from the start if 1 game was cancelled you'd be out and that changed.

While I can appreciate Devils fans' excitement about the end of the lockout, I myself am not ready to forgive and forget so easily.

I'm sticking with Just Drop It. I'll see where my head's at after 10 games minimum.

I get it, but realistically...the Devils were NOT involved in any way shape or form in this...let it go. Support your team. Period, The End.

I get it, but realistically...the Devils were NOT involved in any way shape or form in this...let it go. Support your team. Period, The End.

The Devils, along with every other NHL team, voted in favor of the lockout. If they wanted to express token support for not locking out, they could have done so.

And you're still saying and ho and humming you won't come back all along..dude give it up. You said from the start if 1 game was cancelled you'd be out and that changed.

I don't remember who said what or when since this has been a wild ride but I don't think its right to harp on Satans Hockey. This guy has supported the Devils for a long time, been a season ticket holder, and even organized a group where fans could go be in a section together with other fans to be loud and cheer on the team. He has every right to be pissed and make whatever decision he feels is right.

We're all Devils fans here so I'm not trying to start a fight (especially with you because I like you as a poster) but I think everyone should be able to have whatever reaction they want. I don't think any poster on here wants to knock on the Devils but its the only way a lot of people can express themselves.

I have to admit, I liked the whole Just Drop It idea but now that hockey is back, I am considering being a hypocrit and going back on my pledge. No matter how hurt and pissed I am over this and know we will be back here in 8 years, I just don't know if I can stay away from the game on tv. For that, I hate myself a little bit.

Edited by thefiestygoat

I guess I am just a bit more forgiving about labor disputes than others. Overall both the NHL players and owners lost out as they lost money this year and hurt some fans that will not spend money the might have otherwise on NHL related items.

This all being said will not stop me from watching the devils as it can't be worse than being a Met fan where I hate my owners and wish they would just sell out....

I can't believe some of you didn't find out from facebook, NJDevs.com posted early this AM the season was saved. You should be friends with us!

We only post important stuff, promise! :)

https://www.facebook.com/NJDevs

well I found on facetube, because you guys.

I guess I am just a bit more forgiving about labor disputes than others. Overall both the NHL players and owners lost out as they lost money this year and hurt some fans that will not spend money the might have otherwise on NHL related items.

This all being said will not stop me from watching the devils as it can't be worse than being a Met fan where I hate my owners and wish they would just sell out....

I'm pretty sure the Devils fan in me just feels sorry for the Mets fan in me.

I have to admit, I liked the whole Just Drop It idea but now that hockey is back, I am considering being a hypocrit and going back on my pledge. No matter how hurt and pissed I am over this and know we will be back here in 8 years, I just don't know if I can stay away from the game on tv. For that, I hate myself a little bit.

If one of these boycotts somehow works and people stay away, *maybe* in eight years you get hockey back that you wouldn't have. In return, you drop hockey now. I don't really get it - I get being upset and finding no pleasure in watching, but if you're denying yourself pleasure in watching, you're only hurting yourself.

If one of these boycotts somehow works and people stay away, *maybe* in eight years you get hockey back that you wouldn't have. In return, you drop hockey now. I don't really get it - I get being upset and finding no pleasure in watching, but if you're denying yourself pleasure in watching, you're only hurting yourself.

I definitely see what you are saying. I feel like whatever decision I make is the wrong decision so I might as well choose the wrong decision that allows me to watch the Devils. Essentially I'm just going to accept the fact that I am the NHL's bitch and will be for the rest of my life.

What becomes of the Winter Classic this year?

I can see no all star game, but nobody gives a crap about that anyway.

Could the NHL perhaps start the season with the Winter Classic? Say Friday night Jan 18th...and then have every other team play on the 19th?

What becomes of the Winter Classic this year?

I can see no all star game, but nobody gives a crap about that anyway.

Could the NHL perhaps start the season with the Winter Classic? Say Friday night Jan 18th...and then have every other team play on the 19th?

It was cancelled 3 months ago. It's not happening.

The Devils, along with every other NHL team, voted in favor of the lockout. If they wanted to express token support for not locking out, they could have done so.

None of us know what Devils management expressed to NHL brass, nor will we ever. IMO, JVB never wanted to cancel a single game.

I don't remember who said what or when since this has been a wild ride but I don't think its right to harp on Satans Hockey. This guy has supported the Devils for a long time, been a season ticket holder, and even organized a group where fans could go be in a section together with other fans to be loud and cheer on the team. He has every right to be pissed and make whatever decision he feels is right.

We're all Devils fans here so I'm not trying to start a fight (especially with you because I like you as a poster) but I think everyone should be able to have whatever reaction they want. I don't think any poster on here wants to knock on the Devils but its the only way a lot of people can express themselves.

Looking at it yes a bit harsh, and I've been around long enough that I respect SH also. I could just be extremely turned off by reading HF boards and their "fans". No offense SH but there's been multiple occasions where you've said you can't wait to cancel. I'd love if I could afford the luxury of having season tickets let alone going to every home game..or even 80% of them...NOTHING against you. I've lived through both the other lockouts and I'm not at all affected like some are with this lockout.

I for one, will admit, I'm a sheeple ;)

Edited by Coorslight

No doubt Lou and the rest of Devils upper management wanted a full season. However what JVB wanted will remain a mystery. I'm thinking Bettman likely sold him a bill of goods ("If we lockout we can steal x y and z from the players") and plus he was probably pressured by the thug/bully hardline Jacobs types as well. Remember to JVB it's important not to look like a dissenter, a softie to his peers. His peers are the rest of the billionaires...so he just goes with the crowd and tries not to ruffle any feathers. He doesnt want to make any enemies in that room.

Per Bob McKenzie

Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

KHL you leave my Kovy alone, have we heard about him at all though? i dont think i saw anything

Per Bob McKenzie

Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

KHL you leave my Kovy alone, have we heard about him at all though? i dont think i saw anything

I don't think Russia wants to risk anything before Sochi

I definitely see what you are saying. I feel like whatever decision I make is the wrong decision so I might as well choose the wrong decision that allows me to watch the Devils. Essentially I'm just going to accept the fact that I am the NHL's bitch and will be for the rest of my life.

This kinda sums it up for me, too. Every principled bone in my body is saying to stay away, they'll just do this to me again. But I can't NOT watch hockey. Just can't do it. Like Coorslight, I'm totally a sheeple.

While I can't make the principled decision to stay away from the game and my team, I can say this: I won't set foot in that arena this year. If I go to Newark for any games, it'll be to watch from one of the bars nearby. (Countdown till I renege on that begins now ...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.