• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Looks like TG is a little upset w/ Lou and the Devils Organization...

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I just pleaded with Lou Lamoriello to change that policy because of circumstances coming out of the lockout and he heard me out and said no.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Lockouts come and lockouts go (and come and go, and come and go), but some things never change.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I for the life of me wouldn't know why a fan would be satisfied with that, but if you are, that's your choice, I guess.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

IF Devs are happy with their relationship with their fans, number of tickets they sell & not worried about lockout fallout, why should I be?

Looks like TG is a little upset w/ Lou and the Devils Organization...

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I just pleaded with Lou Lamoriello to change that policy because of circumstances coming out of the lockout and he heard me out and said no.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Lockouts come and lockouts go (and come and go, and come and go), but some things never change.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I for the life of me wouldn't know why a fan would be satisfied with that, but if you are, that's your choice, I guess.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

IF Devs are happy with their relationship with their fans, number of tickets they sell & not worried about lockout fallout, why should I be?

What is he talking about?

The two tweets before those Maddog gave help with the context:

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Although other teams have made their head coaches available to media already, Devils won't let media talk to Pete DeBoer before camp opens.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Devils also won't allow media in building to watch players' informal skates prior to start of camp.

Basically...TG wanted access to the Coaches and players before training camp opens. And Lou said no!!

in other words........"Status Quo" :koolaid::evil::koolaid:

Honestly you can tell TG is obviously annoyed with Lou with these tweets.

However, like the with the lighting incident a couple seasons ago, TG also speaks the truth about how the organization treats the fans when he goes on these rants. However, most Devils fans will treat it as an attack on the Devils and will call him everything from a die-hard Rags homer to everything else in the book.

Honestly you can tell TG is obviously annoyed with Lou with these tweets.

However, like the with the lighting incident a couple seasons ago, TG also speaks the truth about how the organization treats the fans when he goes on these rants. However, most Devils fans will treat it as an attack on the Devils and will call him everything from a die-hard Rags homer to everything else in the book.

TG seemed to be telling the fans they need to be upset over this, because, I assume, his feedback was that he was complaining too much. I don't want a reporter to tell me what I should think about things.

TG seemed to be telling the fans they need to be upset over this, because, I assume, his feedback was that he was complaining too much. I don't want a reporter to tell me what I should think about things.

TG was absolutely right with the lighting incident. Many fans I talked to at the game were pissed that they sat there for hours with no info only later to find out the game was cancelled when the ice crew started taking the goals out.

The fans who based TG were a vocal group who believe that the Devils organization could do no wrong and that they should be happy with the minimal consideration they get compared to most teams. I have been saying for years what TG wrote in his blog right after that incident and I think a good chunk of fans just didn't want to hear the truth.

BTW, when is the VIP access to the equipment sale that was promised to the STH's for last season?......

TG was absolutely right with the lighting incident. Many fans I talked to at the game were pissed that they sat there for hours with no info only later to find out the game was cancelled when the ice crew started taking the goals out.

The fans who based TG were a vocal group who believe that the Devils organization could do no wrong and that they should be happy with the minimal consideration they get compared to most teams. I have been saying for years what TG wrote in his blog right after that incident and I think a good chunk of fans just didn't want to hear the truth.

BTW, when is the VIP access to the equipment sale that was promised to the STH's for last season?......

I'm not talking about any of that, I'm talking about right now? Did you read TG's tweets today? He seemed to be imploring fans to be upset when they weren't.

I'm not talking about any of that, I'm talking about right now? Did you read TG's tweets today? He seemed to be imploring fans to be upset when they weren't.

TG has a point about that too. How come we were able to go to practices and training camp at SMA before 2007 and now since they moved to Newark it has become like Area 51? I hear all the time of Flyers fans seeing their team practice in Voorhees all the time.

TG has a point about that too. How come we were able to go to practices and training camp at SMA before 2007 and now since they moved to Newark it has become like Area 51? I hear all the time of Flyers fans seeing their team practice in Voorhees all the time.

The Devils are a more serious/professional team than the Flyers when it comes to how they comport themselves. If it's a serious enough issue for a fan then I guess they could become a Flyer fan or accept that this is the way the Devils do things.

I wonder if Giants forums have constant complaints from fans that the Jets have a more open atmosphere to the press.

So it sounds like you're on the side of fans should be upset about this and it's a problem that more aren't.

The Devils are a more serious/professional team than the Flyers when it comes to how they comport themselves. If it's a serious enough issue for a fan then I guess they could become a Flyer fan or accept that this is the way the Devils do things.

I wonder if Giants forums have constant complaints from fans that the Jets have a more open atmosphere to the press.

So it sounds like you're on the side of fans should be upset about this and it's a problem that more aren't.

I agree 100%. Although, the team's success probably has a lot to do with this attitude. I don't think anyone would put up with it if the the Devils struggled a la Columbus or NYI

That's absurd. The Devils have been a far more "serious" team than the Flyers and won 3 cups with fans gaining access to them at SMA. Did they decide to suddenly get more "serious" in 2007 or something?

If you are fine with the Devils running things the way they do, then more power to you. But believe me there are plenty of Devils fans who don't appreciate events that are promised only to be thrown together very sloppily (that BBQ at the beginning of last year or year before where the line for the food was endless as they only had 1 line), last-minute (the team practice for STH's last year) or never even occurs (VIP access to the equipment sale that never happened this past year).

Edited by DevsMan84

That's absurd. The Devils have been a far more "serious" team than the Flyers and won 3 cups with fans gaining access to them at SMA. Did they decide to suddenly get more "serious" in 2007 or something?

If you are fine with the Devils running things the way they do, then more power to you. But believe me there are plenty of Devils fans who don't appreciate events that are promised only to be thrown together very sloppily (that BBQ at the beginning of last year or year before where the line for the food was endless as they only had 1 line), last-minute (the team practice for STH's last year) or never even occurs (VIP access to the equipment sale that never happened this past year).

The team moved venues in 2007, it's not like they stopped people going to SMA. It's absurd that you think it was just an arbitrary decision with no outside factors, such as the move.

I know you have a problem with these things, you bring them up over and over again. Why not complain about the 334 club game not being cancelled in 1987 too? I have no problem with you being upset over these things but you constantly bring them up even on topics that aren't about them, such as now.

The team moved venues in 2007, it's not like they stopped people going to SMA. It's absurd that you think it was just an arbitrary decision with no outside factors, such as the move.

I know you have a problem with these things, you bring them up over and over again. Why not complain about the 334 club game not being cancelled in 1987 too? I have no problem with you being upset over these things but you constantly bring them up even on topics that aren't about them, such as now.

But you seem to have an issue when TG brings it up, as well as many others. TG is just saying the truth IMO and anything that speaks a hint of criticism against the Devils is met with some sort of backlash. Hell TG could have said he found glass in his hot dog at a Devils game yet people will still try to defend the Devils and the arena and say it was TG's fault for that too or he is just a Rag's fan in diguise.

Well of course people are still going to SMA, but the Devils are not there. They are in Newark and now people do not have access to them. What is the reason now? If it is security that is nonsense and they could just put one of those do-nothing guards they have at the door to guard.

As for the 1987 game, that is a league decision and looking back they should have cancelled the game. Just like how many people have said that game right after Christmas against Toronto a season or 2 ago should have been cancelled. Hell Elias had to sleep in his car on 280 overnight and the team bus for Toronto got stuck on rt 78 on the way home. However, overall it is not a team decision so I did not complain about that then and I will not now.

I'm only talking about what TG said today, I'm not relating it back to anything else. You keep trying to make it about years and years of issues, instead of today.

TG today was imploring fans to be upset when they weren't, that's being a poor reporter and trying to create a story where there isn't one because he was upset. I think that's poor of him.

I'm only talking about what TG said today, I'm not relating it back to anything else. You keep trying to make it about years and years of issues, instead of today.

TG today was imploring fans to be upset when they weren't, that's being a poor reporter and trying to create a story where there isn't one because he was upset. I think that's poor of him.

He reported that Lou wouldn't let him have access yet other teams allow their beat writers access today. His JOB is to get the story, and right now he is stuck because of Lou. Why shouldn't he be mad?

He reported that Lou wouldn't let him have access yet other teams allow their beat writers access today. His JOB is to get the story, and right now he is stuck because of Lou. Why shouldn't he be mad?

It's fine if TG wanted to say "Hey, I wish I could be in the informal practices but I'm not allowed" but then he does this:

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

----------------------------------------

That's just being a petulant baby, IMO. TG went beyond reporting and was trying to get fans to be upset. TG can be mad all he wants, but I can call him out for being as asshat and trying to create an uprising that didn't exist.

It's fine if TG wanted to say "Hey, I wish I could be in the informal practices but I'm not allowed" but then he does this:

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

----------------------------------------

That's just being a petulant baby, IMO. TG went beyond reporting and was trying to get fans to be upset. TG can be mad all he wants, but I can call him out for being as asshat and trying to create an uprising that didn't exist.

Obviously TG is pissed but again if someone or something is preventing you from earning your paycheck, you would be too. Hard for him to take it easy when other reporters are already getting stories coming out of their teams while he is stuck there twirling his thumbs.

TG doesn't need to start an uprising for fans. Believe me there have been plenty of fans burned by the Devils over the years.

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/status/288410734344421376

Josh Rimer@JoshRimerHockey

Might there be others? RT @StapeNewsday: #Isles news: L. Visnovsky has decided to stay in Slovakia for the rest of the season, via his agent

So how can Visnovsky stay in Slovakia when he's still under contract with the Islanders?

LENGTH: 5 YEAR(S) VALUE: $28,000,000 TYPE: STANDARD EXPIRY STATUS: UFA SEASON AHL SALARY

icon_10chart-blue_help.png NHL SALARY

icon_10chart-blue_help.png P. BONUSES

icon_10chart-blue_help.png S. BONUS

icon_10chart-blue_help.png CAP HIT

icon_10chart-blue_help.png 2008-09 $7,000,000 $7,000,000 $0 — $5,600,000 2009-10 $7,000,000 $7,000,000 $0 — $5,600,000 2010-11 $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $0 — $5,600,000 2011-12 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $0 — $5,600,000 2012-13 $3,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 — $5,600,000

http://capgeek.com/player/26

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.