Start the Gomez-to-NJ rumors

hoekster316

I might be the only one that feels this way but if we got Gomez and matteau is good enough to stay on the team for the season we could again have a pretty deep offense once henrique comes back.

(These are not line combos just showing our 12 forwards.)

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-henrique-clarkson

Matteau-JJ-Gomez

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Not bad IMO

Edited by njd3b1ink

If Gomez is signed, I'd like to look like:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovy

Elias-JJ-(Probably Clarkson but I think it'd benefit Bernier or Matteau more)

Henrique-Gomez-Matteau

Gionta-Carter-Bernier

All probably unrealistic, but those are probably the most balenced lines, and allow for a ton of bouncing around

No way you put Matteau on a line above Henrique. If anything he'll get relief minutes on the third or 4th line if he even makes the lineup at all.

You want to put together a decent crash line go with Clarkson-JJ-Matteau.

Is it wrong that that's immediately what I thought too? :koolaid:

I want to see it for my own personal amusement. Not sure where Kyper is getting sources. Can't be the agent, it's not like Gomez is incredibly coveted and this drives up the price... if anything it would just be diminishing it.

I want to see it for my own personal amusement. Not sure where Kyper is getting sources. Can't be the agent, it's not like Gomez is incredibly coveted and this drives up the price... if anything it would just be diminishing it.

I think it'd be hilarious but we know the Devils never talk and it's not like Gomez is gonna break the bank. He's probably getting the same $1 million offer (at most) from everyone. He's got his $ already. Who knows

No way you put Matteau on a line above Henrique. If anything he'll get relief minutes on the third or 4th line if he even makes the lineup at all.

You want to put together a decent crash line go with Clarkson-JJ-Matteau.

Like I said, it's not going to happen I just think he would be best suited playing with a good passer and getting the most out of the lineup instead of putting him with Clarky who can't set up a score for his life.