Start the Gomez-to-NJ rumors

hoekster316

So, the Sharks seem to be his first choice.

Because of Larry Robinson

:lol: Wasn't Gomez the one who almost gave Larry an ulcer with his crap work ethic? And I could swear I remember hearing the Larry would regularly make Gomez step on a scale to motivate him to stop eating Twinkies and pizza between games.

:lol: Wasn't Gomez the one who almost gave Larry an ulcer with his crap work ethic? And I could swear I remember hearing the Larry would regularly make Gomez step on a scale to motivate him to stop eating Twinkies and pizza between games.

That's what makes this whole thing so fascinating (and yes Marty said as much in his book, about the weighting between games). Although Larry isn't the type to hold grudges and Gomez can't afford to hold one right now.

Because most of us are a bit flabbergasted with the roster we are beginning the season with. We'd expect Lou to bring somebody, even Scott Gomez on board.

i know i'm not alone when i say that taking the ice with four players may be just as good of an idea

A one year, rather inexpensive deal could not hurt as perhaps Gomez finds his passion again. With Scott Stevens behind the bench I really don't see any player (blue liner or forward) dogging it. I've heard that he's looking to sign with San Jose, I assume to have a short plane ride up to Alaska.

We need a forward for the top 3 lines that can put the puck in the net. Gomez hasn't fit that description in how many years? People on this board have derided Lou for recycling players and now want him to do it again?

Any Gomez updates? Last I heard he was practicing with the Sharks. No signing, though, as it appears he didn't play tonight.

I agree that he can be good for NJ, and may actually be the missing link on this team.

With a fully healthy roster:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias/Josefson-Josefson/Elias-Zubrus

Tedenby-Gomez-Clarkson

CBGB/goons

Looks really solid, in my opinion. Not going to get my hopes up though, if the rumors are true about him wanting to be in the West. 3rd line might be a D hazard, I don't exactly remember Gomez's defensive game so much.

But whatever the case may be, I'm thinking a definite top 6 player is not quite as essential as I once thought it was. Somebody who could play either 2nd or 3rd line minutes will be adequate, although not ideal.

Good, I for one am glad Lou didn't go to the well of ex-Devils yet again. Those moves have rarely worked out, or made much of an impact.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Good, I for one am glad Lou didn't go to the well of ex-Devils yet again. Those moves have rarely worked out, or made much of an impact.

But almost every place (incl TG) has said that we DID look into it.

He just wanted to go out west. If Larry was still here, he probably would've been signed here.

And I agree with you. I was okay with this b/c the risk was so low, but I don't care that we didn't get him.

But almost every place (incl TG) has said that we DID look into it.

He just wanted to go out west. If Larry was still here, he probably would've been signed here.

And I agree with you. I was okay with this b/c the risk was so low, but I don't care that we didn't get him.

Yeah, I phrased/worded it wrong. I'm just glad he went somewhere else.

I wonder if Gomez and Redden in behind the scenes agreements didn't in good faith agree to sign in the opposite conference for face saving of the franchises in agreeing to buy them out this year. It doesn't make sense for either team to buyout the player under the circumstances for this season.