Stevens Signing Tonight

Livvy

I tried to get my Mom to go for me but she wasn't having any of that. I wish I could go. I am missing all the fun. By the time I get there al the Cup fun will have passed. Tonight, I will cry to myself to sleep. :cryriver:

Just remember this one thing, it may be late but Stevens is a tough autograph to get (besides practice). Last time El Chico got to meet him and have him sign something was after the cup win in 95 at a store in Wayne on Route 23. Brodeur was also there and you had to pay a hefty price to get to see both. So El Chico would suggest that if you can go, get your ass up, drink a lot of coffee and get to that Best Buy.

and does anyone notice Livvy is doing PR for the Devils :evil:  Posted the first HoF Stanley cup site post (1st  that i recall) and posted about the airing of the parade on ABC :)

party animal -- write something about hockey for fun!  What do you think of the Niewy situation? Really! :)

PR for the Devils

Well let me say I am a little disappointed in going to the Stevens signing tonight. This was the first time I got an autograph. People brought additional items for him to sign but forget about it. His "handlers" probably cattle prodded those who asked for more signatures. He just signed his name real small on the DVD insert. I wanted him to sign the inside piece of paper, same as what my bro handed to him in front of me but Stevens asked, "You want me to sign this?" He wouldn't write anything but his name. It was very wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Rich Matthews was there but he wasn't talking to anyone. I didn't know if anyone was "allowed" to say hi to him. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I went but I wish I had some experience with this kind of thing. :(

I'm also disappointed that the DVD/video doesn't have a name except the generic, "2002-2003 Stanley Cup Champions". What happened to the names like "Second Heaven"?

Well let me say I am a little disappointed in going to the Stevens signing tonight. This was the first time I got an autograph. People brought additional items for him to sign but forget about it. His "handlers" probably cattle prodded those who asked for more signatures. He just signed his name real small on the DVD insert. I wanted him to sign the inside piece of paper, same as what my bro handed to him in front of me but Stevens asked, "You want me to sign this?" He wouldn't write anything but his name. It was very wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Rich Matthews was there but he wasn't talking to anyone. I didn't know if anyone was "allowed" to say hi to him. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I went but I wish I had some experience with this kind of thing. :(

I'm also disappointed that the DVD/video doesn't have a name except the generic, "2002-2003 Stanley Cup Champions". What happened to the names like "Second Heaven"?

Yeah, I went to and I was pretty disappointed. When I realised that he wouldn't even sign my 8x10 I lost intrest. I handed him my insert, took it back and left. I think a lot of the blame goes to Best Buy. If I had known that it would only be the inserts, I just wouldn't have gone. They had to know that people weren't going to Best Buy at 12:00 AM to get a 3x5 insert signed. Nobody there had a pile of stuff to get signed, I saw SCF tickets, hockey sticks stuff like that...

Oh well, I learned my lesson:

Last year at camp, Jiri Bicek was falling over himself to sign stuff, he waited till the last kid left before he went back to the locker room. I don't think I'll waste my time like this again, when there are lot's of other players who might enjoy signing something.

And yeah, just calling the DVD "Stanley Cup Champions" is pretty lame.

I don't regret going but I am glad I am not the only one who was disappointed. There were not a lot of people there & once we paid, we moved right along to get the autograph. If I blinked, I would have missed the whole experience. Thank goodness I took pictures.

Did ESPN Radio just pick up their broadcasters on the highway or what?

I'd be OK standing in line and stuff and I'd manage to get the DVD signed and all (without ever even looking at his face) I'd be rushing to get away (useless Pepperkorn filler deleted) thank goodness he'd be the kind to just sign and move on - no personalization or any of that rott!

And then I'd be left feeling all anti-climactic -- like what was such a big deal?

So did I call it or what? That's probably more why I didn't go. Let's be honest I don't think my ego could stand it. ezpi_blush.gif

So why is he so nice to his hometown crowd and such an a$$hole to us New Jersey fans? You know we all know it's rote to him after 21 years but he could at least do a little more than go through the motions. I also realise that the faster he goes the more people get his signature but it would just feel so empty -- why not just give signed stuff away at the door - you may as well have not seen him - it's more fulfilling to see him at warm ups :evil: you know and see him doing what he does best.

The only thing that bums me out is that I debated sending him a picture my husband gave me for my birthday 2 years ago to sign -- but I've been told he doesn't send stuff back, pre-stamped envelope or not -- adorable 5 year old kid with heartfelt note or not. He's unmoved by fan adoration :( it's kind of depressing...

Of course if he was nice I'd feel guilty for treating him like the Stanley Cup - some inanimate object for me to paw and drool over :evil: You just get confused sometimes that it

PK, I have to say he was very nice to me atleast. Especially at the Best Buy signing. Maybe it was just because I was the first one to have him sign but I did get him to sign "Stanley Cup Champs 95 00 03".

It might have been he remembered me from the Premiere but we were making small talk and all. Oh and I got my 2 CDs signed on the cover not the inside, I like to be able to display my collectibles.

At the Premiere I got him to sign a picture of him drinking out of the cup.

PK, I have to say he was very nice to me atleast. Especially at the Best Buy signing.  Maybe it was just because I was the first one to have him sign but I did get him to sign "Stanley Cup Champs 95 00 03".

It might have been he remembered me from the Premiere but we were making small talk and all. Oh and I got my 2 CDs signed on the cover not the inside, I like to be able to display my collectibles.

At the Premiere I got him to sign a picture of him drinking out of the cup.

Why do I have a hard time believing you? If I was told he couldn't write "To Kris" on it, why did he sign all the years they were champs for you? I thought it would be ok to sign a 4 letter name. At least I wouldn't be able to sell it.