Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

Hey Doc,

Thanks for your service to the Devils organization and to this fan base. You'll be missed by us all. The richness of your language, your infectious enthusiasm for the game, and your total professionalism shines through in all your work. You get a feel for the difference when you listen to other commentary on NHL online or when we have to endure the enemy's feed ... it literally feels more 2-dimensional when others try to do the exact same job as you.

Enjoy your part retirement, and we'll still look forward to your VS commentaries. Oh and calling the Devils' 4th Stanley Cup in the summer of 2012 as well, Hockey Gods willing.

AD

p.s. I wish there was a way to raise a "Doc" Emrick banner to the rafters.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

No, he really is.

I find that hard to believe, not saying your lying. I basically mean how is a Devils announcer team our biggest rival? Seems suspicious

If Cangelosi is a Rangers fan who the F cares. Howie Rose grew-up a Rangers fan and has called the Islanders for over a decade. Joe Benenati grew-up a Penguins fan and has called Capitals games for over a decade. Suzyn Waldman grew-up a diehard Boston Red Soz fan but calls the Yankees as if she married a Steinbrenner.

for those saying anything about doc and the business end of his relationship with the devils - he was employeed by MSG. they paid him.

as TG reported, devils have some say, but it's MSG's call on who replaces him.

This cannot be stressed enough.. The Devils have very little say in this and it's really up to MSG.. They pay the talent, NOT THE DEVILS

If Cangelosi is a Rangers fan who the F cares. Howie Rose grew-up a Rangers fan and has called the Islanders for over a decade. Joe Benenati grew-up a Penguins fan and has called Capitals games for over a decade. Suzyn Waldman grew-up a diehard Boston Red Soz fan but calls the Yankees as if she married a Steinbrenner.

+1

Man I'm so bummed about this...Nobody will ever "replace" Doc. I'm hoping that he has some extra fervor when he calls Devils games for NBC/Versus. It's a very sad day for Devils announcing :evilcry: .

On the other hand, this is a replacement Lou doesn't have to make, so we might get an answer before the season starts.

cangelosi is extremely disappointed with some comments.. :lol:

msgn_041610_0121.jpg?w=600&h=421

No, hes just upset that no one has replied to his e-dating page.

I find that hard to believe, not saying your lying. I basically mean how is a Devils announcer team our biggest rival? Seems suspicious

Because he has his own personal opinions, which may seem wrong, hell even unmoral, but that's what makes him human being.

This cannot be stressed enough.. The Devils have very little say in this and it's really up to MSG.. They pay the talent, NOT THE DEVILS

So what you're saying is...it's all the Devils' choice as to who replaces Doc...

Edited by Devilsfan118

NOOOOOOOOO! I had a feeling this was coming, but like most bad news, I didn't want to even consider it happening so soon.

Having to listen to Devils games on Center Ice, it always irritated me when they wouldn't show the Devils feed. Not only did I have to listen to the other team's usually moronic announers, but games were never the same without Doc's voice doing PBP. Just can't imagine watching the Devils without Doc calling the shots. Seeing him do the intros to games whether for the Devils, VS, or NBC, it was like having a good friend just walk into your house to visit....always so glad to see him.

I'll look forward to still seeing him on VS and throwing in little comments about a prior Devils game during a Penguins/Flyers/Rags/Redwings game!

Best wishes Doc, enjoy a bit of a rest, you've earned it. And you'll certainly be missed.

get Schiavone and put big dust right next to him, WCW saturday night style

I SAYS TONY SHEVONAY MATT TAR-OR-ME-UH SCORE THAT GOAWL RIGHT HERE ON THE MUDDASHEEP

NOOOOOOOOO! I had a feeling this was coming, but like most bad news, I didn't want to even consider it happening so soon.

Having to listen to Devils games on Center Ice, it always irritated me when they wouldn't show the Devils feed. Not only did I have to listen to the other team's usually moronic announers, but games were never the same without Doc's voice doing PBP. Just can't imagine watching the Devils without Doc calling the shots. Seeing him do the intros to games whether for the Devils, VS, or NBC, it was like having a good friend just walk into your house to visit....always so glad to see him.

I'll look forward to still seeing him on VS and throwing in little comments about a prior Devils game during a Penguins/Flyers/Rags/Redwings game!

Best wishes Doc, enjoy a bit of a rest, you've earned it. And you'll certainly be missed.

you are right... for us with center ice out of the Tri State Area we will now hear more of Doc since so many of the feeds were the opponents broadcasts.

Will really miss the dynamic he had with Chico. Can't help but think he just could not pass up the bigger stage.

He's really just an amazing play by play guy; his insane intelligence and wit is second to none... at least we will get to hear him call a few Devils games on versus... :urg:

Ok i have come up with a solution (pattent pending)

You know you get those sound boards, like the Arnie one(http://www.crocopuffs.com/soundboard/arnold.html)where it has all his famous movie quotes on it, And when you press the button it says the quote (my favourite Arnie one is "Who said you could eat my cookies!!!"?

Well we make one of Doc's comentary, then game time comes, turn off the sound and prss the appropriate button for what you see on the screen.

We can start of with the a few sound clips of the fundimental calls:

"Save, Broduer"

"and another save"

"all alone, walks in"

"with the drive"

"long pass up to"

"motors ahead"

And then just have him saying all the players names.

You get the idea.

Does anyone here have the technical competancy to pull this off???

As you can tell i don't like change.

Ok i have come up with a solution (pattent pending)

You know you get those sound boards, like the Arnie one(http://www.crocopuffs.com/soundboard/arnold.html)where it has all his famous movie quotes on it, And when you press the button it says the quote (my favourite Arnie one is "Who said you could eat my cookies!!!"?

Well we make one of Doc's comentary, then game time comes, turn off the sound and prss the appropriate button for what you see on the screen.

We can start of with the a few sound clips of the fundimental calls:

"Save, Broduer"

"and another save"

"all alone, walks in"

"with the drive"

"long pass up to"

"motors ahead"

And then just have him saying all the players names.

You get the idea.

Does anyone here have the technical competancy to pull this off???

As you can tell i don't like change.

Sounds like how they program all the NHL videogames.

...I'm down

That touches me, even though i'm miles away from the state of New Jersey, and have unfortunately never been to a Devils game before. But since last season when (thanks to the help of you guys here) i started to watch devils broadcasts, i really began to love the way doc commented on the game. Over here, we do not have this type of broadcasts where the commentary team comes from your own company.

Like chico said, he thinks that it might be old school, but the way hockey should be shown on TV. And i think that way too.

I shall miss you doc!