Rangers fans

mouse

I have a few rules for heckling at a sporting event:

1. Insults must be related to hockey, geography or be pop culture related(Think of telling a Philly fan his city is trashy because they put statue Rocky in front of an art museum).

2. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT insult any women based on looks, weight, etc. If she's into the heckling, give it back, but nothing personal, that's the fast track to a fight.

3. Swearing is ok, but not every sentence and try not to use the F word if there's small children.

4. Don't yell the whole game, it's annoying and I actually enjoy watching hockey, not just yelling about it.

I mean, that's about it. If you can do that and someone starts a fight with you, they'll pretty much always look like the a$$hole.

+1, though I'd add keep homophobia and the word retard out. That sh!t shouldn't be in our vocabulary for insults anymore, but too often you hear it at sporting events.

i wore my Devils jersey on my 9th grade trip to NYC museum of art, and i got yelled at by Rangers fans. insulted and heckled. i was in 9th grade for pete's sake. those guys have no class.

Hey everbody.

I have been reading these boards for quite some time but was too lazy to create a username, until now! i have been a huge Devils fan since the late 90's.

in regards to rangers fan and how much they piss us off, i have a story from last year after game 6 ( conference final)

I was lucky to attend that game ( and it wasnt cheep lol) but after henrique scored that goal it was all worth it. my section had a few rangers fans in it ( but ALOT less than the usual Devils-rangers game)

They obviously were talking and saying the old " you cant sell out games"  " fatso" ... the usual. i usually try not got into verbal arguments, let alone fights during games.  And after the Devils won  i i didnt need to say anything.

BUT my freinds being those type of fans ( the ones that will get into arguments, figts, etc) , they couldnt resist an awesome oppurtunity to stick to all those rangers fans.

We ended up going to NYC after the game, and more specifically to MSG ( and the surrounding bars alll filled with  bitter rangers fans). We went into all those bars with our devils jerseys and just gave every rangers fan so much sh!t. we litterally were on the verge of getting beat to the ground, until other devils fans came in!

Obviously all those rangers fans couldnt say anything , except for those " err you cant sell out games" bs.

After a few hours the bars started to close and we went back to Jersey. It was probably one of the greatest games ( probably the greatest) that i have ever attended.  walking through midtown NY wearing our devils jerseys, giving rangers fan sh!t, and celebrating with other Devils fans ( you would all be surprised how many we came across) made it even so much better.

lucky! i wouldve attended that game, but i was in the hospital thanks to bullies. i got to watch it on tv and the nurses came in because they thought my screaming (HENRIQUE! ITS OVER! at that moment) was screaming in pain! they come in all "whats the situation?" and i just say loudly "DEVILS GOING TO THE FINALS!!!" doctor says "dont scare me like that!" "you thought i was in trouble?" "no i meant with the thought of the devils going there!" "they just did!" "*walks out*"

Hey everbody.

I have been reading these boards for quite some time but was too lazy to create a username, until now! i have been a huge Devils fan since the late 90's.

in regards to rangers fan and how much they piss us off, i have a story from last year after game 6 ( conference final)

I was lucky to attend that game ( and it wasnt cheep lol) but after henrique scored that goal it was all worth it. my section had a few rangers fans in it ( but ALOT less than the usual Devils-rangers game)

They obviously were talking and saying the old " you cant sell out games"  " fatso" ... the usual. i usually try not got into verbal arguments, let alone fights during games.  And after the Devils won  i i didnt need to say anything.

BUT my freinds being those type of fans ( the ones that will get into arguments, figts, etc) , they couldnt resist an awesome oppurtunity to stick to all those rangers fans.

We ended up going to NYC after the game, and more specifically to MSG ( and the surrounding bars alll filled with  bitter rangers fans). We went into all those bars with our devils jerseys and just gave every rangers fan so much sh!t. we litterally were on the verge of getting beat to the ground, until other devils fans came in!

Obviously all those rangers fans couldnt say anything , except for those " err you cant sell out games" bs.

After a few hours the bars started to close and we went back to Jersey. It was probably one of the greatest games ( probably the greatest) that i have ever attended.  walking through midtown NY wearing our devils jerseys, giving rangers fan sh!t, and celebrating with other Devils fans ( you would all be surprised how many we came across) made it even so much better.

You probably crossed my paths or I probably walked into one of the bars you were in haha... I was in the city right after the game, what a night.

Ranger fan tweet to me when I was submitting lots of votes for Brodeur to get on the cover of NHL 14:

"no one likes marty. not enough devils fans. if he wins its rigged"

He's a buddy of mine but I find it hilarious that he, like nearly all Ranger fans, are completely unable to look at hockey objectively.. I told him to take off his red and blue painted tinfoil hat

Edit: After calling him out for being unable to at least respect Marty's achievements he tweeted:

"i can objectively respect brodeur but ill always subjectively hate his guts"

Edited by Colin226

Ranger fan tweet to me when I was submitting lots of votes for Brodeur to get on the cover of NHL 14:

"no one likes marty. not enough devils fans. if he wins its rigged"

He's a buddy of mine but I find it hilarious that he, like nearly all Ranger fans, are completely unable to look at hockey objectively.. I told him to take off his red and blue painted tinfoil hat

Edit: After calling him out for being unable to at least respect Marty's achievements he tweeted:

"i can objectively respect brodeur but ill always subjectively hate his guts"

Regarding what he said after you called him out- that's about right. Ranger fans should hate Marty- but they should also respect him, and I think most do. Its like the way I feel about Messier. I fvcking HATE Messier. HATE him. I don't even know if 'hate' is a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Messier, because I absolutely detest him. But I respect what he accomplished. Dude was a winner, period. And one of the best to ever lace 'em up. But man do I hate that fvck.

Regarding what he said after you called him out- that's about right. Ranger fans should hate Marty- but they should also respect him, and I think most do. Its like the way I feel about Messier. I fvcking HATE Messier. HATE him. I don't even know if 'hate' is a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Messier, because I absolutely detest him. But I respect what he accomplished. Dude was a winner, period. And one of the best to ever lace 'em up. But man do I hate that fvck.

After meeting Messier a couple of times in person, I have to say I lost all respect for him and hate him just as much as a person as I do as a hockey player.

He is notorious for being a complete dick to everyone, even his own fans and that includes women and children too.

ive never met him in person. care to detail what he said to you?

That's the thing.  He didn't say anything to me and he rarely says anything to any fans unless he is being paid.  Go on any game worn or sports (hockey) collectible forums and Messier is usually near or at the top of everyone's list of which player is the nastiest in person and basically refuses to sign any autographs except for events where he is paid.  There are many stories floating around of him making kids cry because he flat out tells them he will not sign their item when they approach him.  I've seen this in person years ago outside of MSG with my brother (who is a big Rags fan) and I lost any tiny shred of respect I had for him.

i bet he treats Devils fans horribly. but the question is: is he more of an a-hole than Sean Avery? my answer is no

i bet he treats Devils fans horribly. but the question is: is he more of an a-hole than Sean Avery? my answer is no

Depends.  On the ice Avery for sure.  Off the ice I heard Avery will at least pose for pictures, talk to fans and will sign autographs.

Can't say that for that Easter-island face looking a$$hole Messier (thank you DiG for that perfect description)

Easter Island face! oh god my sides!!

i DID however see him once but never went up to him and i yelled out loud "WHERED THE HAIR GO?" and then ran off.

DevsMan, I think you've made me hate Messier even more with some of your stories, and I didn't think that was possible. So not only is he a glory hound, he's a fvcking phony douchebag too. I'm not really surprised. fvck Messier.

Edited by MadDog2020

I know a girl who claimed to be John Vanbiesbrouk's niece and she said he and his hockey friends always talk about how they think Messier is really gay. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Those "Messier is gay" rumors have been around for about 15 years now.  I am not sure myself but there was a time where he was never in any seemingly legit relationship with anyone a la George Clooney for the longest time.

DevsMan, I think you've made me hate Messier even more with some of your stories, and I didn't think that was possible. So not only is he a glory hound, he's a fvcking phony douchebag too. I'm not really surprised. fvck Messier.

I have met the other big 3: Graves (nice guy), Leetch (really nice guy) and Richter (prob the nicest hockey player I have ever met) and Messier is no where near them in terms of interaction with fans.  Messier is a complete dick to anyone who doesn't have a $50 in his hand ready to give to him.

LMAO THATS GOOD.  thats soooo much better than Cro-Magnon man

lol you can credit DaneykoisGod with that one.  CR1976 has it in his sig and every time I see that I laugh.

The funny thing about Messier, is that he doesn't know how to stop being Messier.  After the Rags' '94 Cup win, he came on The Howard Stern Show with the Cup, along with Brian Leetch (not sure if anyone else came on with them).  Leetch at least seemed to realize he was on a comedy show, and tried to act accordingly, even though he was clearly uncomfortable at times.  Messier had no sense of humor at all...he wasn't a dick, but he acted like he was on yet another sports-talk show, and was deadly serious the entire time...it was just like I said, in that he didn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be this ultra-focused, no-chuckles, mega-intense leader ALL of the time.  Clearly he was what the Rangers needed at that time, but man, he couldn't have come off as more robotic than he did that day.  

The funny thing about Messier, is that he doesn't know how to stop being Messier.  After the Rags' '94 Cup win, he came on The Howard Stern Show with the Cup, along with Brian Leetch (not sure if anyone else came on with them).  Leetch at least seemed to realize he was on a comedy show, and tried to act accordingly, even though he was clearly uncomfortable at times.  Messier had no sense of humor at all...he wasn't a dick, but he acted like he was on yet another sports-talk show, and was deadly serious the entire time...it was just like I said, in that he didn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be this ultra-focused, no-chuckles, mega-intense leader ALL of the time.  Clearly he was what the Rangers needed at that time, but man, he couldn't have come off as more robotic than he did that day.  

At least the next year when Claude Lemieux was on he was wiling to let Jackie take a "dump" in the Stanley Cup (I know it was really a melted candy bar).  Boy I remember the NHL being pretty pissed about that at the time lol.

At least the next year when Claude Lemieux was on he was wiling to let Jackie take a "dump" in the Stanley Cup (I know it was really a melted candy bar).  Boy I remember the NHL being pretty pissed about that at the time lol.

I remember all of that, and Howard asking Claude how to say "p***s" and "v****a" in French (which Claude then did).  Claude's appearance was pretty good from what I recall. 

I remember being curious about Messier when Howard announced that he'd be on his show...as a hockey fan, even if the guy is a hated rival, a player like Messier is going to be interesting to hear from (or so you'd think).  And in a setting like the Howard Stern show, he can actually let his non-existent hair down, have a little fun.

Leetch was clearly overwhelmed by some of the topics and humor, but at least came off as human, and a good sport to boot.  Howard asked him if Leetch ever took care of his own needs when alone on long road trips...Leetch was clearly uncomfortable, but he gave a weak chuckle and answered, "Well, doesn't everybody?"  I don't think that style of humor was his thing, but he never seemed angry or offended by any of it, and seemed to have a pretty good time overall.

Messier came off as though as he was oblivious to his surroundings at first...but as I was listening, I was thinking "Damn, the reason he's not showing his fun side is because he doesn't HAVE a friggin' fun side!  This is what he is like all of the time!  No wonder his teammates respect him to the hilt...they're terrified of the fvcker!  He's the friggin' Terminator come to life!  He can't be reasoned with!  He doesn't feel pain!  And he absolutely will not stop...until he wins a Cup!"

That's probably why he hung on for so damned long when he was clearly washed-up and a major detriment to the team that employed him...he didn't know how to be anything else other than the humorless drone solely focused on one goal and one goal only. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I have a few really close Rag fan friends and while they get carried away on licking the sweat off of Lundqvist's nuts, they are at least tolerable. In fact, I'd say that I can deal with Rags fans a lot better than Flyers fans or sh!tstains like Habs fans.

WIth regard to Easter Egg Island Head............if anyone sees him, ask him why he would take credit for a Cup winning goal when I know for a FACT, that even the Ranger players know he never touched the puck and I think it was Brian Noonan that scored it.

An with Lundqvist, he is simply the "King" With No Rings