GDT SCF GAME 3: NJ DEVILS vs LA KINGS

lazer

It's all Quick. The rest of the Kings aren't playing particularly well.

Sometimes you run into a hot goalie. That's hockey. But sometimes a hot goalie can get cooled off.

It ain't over yet, fvckers!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

I disagree. The kings are playing very well except for penalties. The have committed very few turnovers, they have allowed few breakaways, and, compared to us, almost no odd man rushes of consequence. And when they do commit penalties it has had no I'll effect on them. Quick is a hot goalie, don't get me wrong, but the difference between the Kings and Rags is that the Rags were a mediocre team supported by a hot goalie and the Kings are the whole shebang. I want to win too, but we haven't shown the ability to mentally and physically withstand what the kings are bringing right now. We might come back and take one like the coyotes, but I won't be surprised if we are swept. And I am fvcking bummed.....

Therein lies the difference between us. You're fine seeing this team get to Finals and be embarrassed. I want to at least see them stand up in a most critical game and show some pride. No, i dont expect them to win every year but if you're going to get to the Finals and then show zero pride in the biggest game of the series then you deserve criticism. There's no EMO or whatever the hell you call it in that statement.

Secondly, if you voiced your frustration I'd be fine seeing you do so, because fans get emotional and pissed off when their team doesnt play well or show pride. But to jump on me for doing so makes you a condescending homer.

Now, that was easy to read, right?

If we were in the stands and I was shouting expletives out of frustration, I highly doubt you'd have the balls to call me out. So please... live and let live and give it a rest.

I've been following the team for over twenty years since a kid and I do remember a time just making the playoffs and winning a round was something to be happy about. I pegged this team to struggle to make the playoffs before the year started and so looking at the season as a whole it is hard for me to be disappointed. I guess the whole 95-03 era really spoiled some fans who believed that devils win automatically win every year and that getting or ass handed to us in the finals will never happen. Well now it seems to be happening and it's just that. Happens to the best of them and it looks it may just be our turn this year like it was Detroit in 95. This is why as frustrated as I am I don't go on boards picking fights with people who are telling me to calm down.

Also you are right I wouldn't say anything to you if I was sitting near you in the stands of you were cursing. I wouldn't have to as you would be embarrassing yourself on front of strangers who think you are overreacting.

Time to realize this team just isn't that good. Stop blaming the refs, NBC, bad ice, etc. Too many flaws from the coaching to the players. Question is will our GM actually address these flaws this summer or stay "status quo"?

Dude. It's the Stanley cup finals. You're talking like its January 2011. They need some changes, but the fact is they beat 3 teams and now ran into a very, very good team. I think the coaching did very well and the players hit a wall.

Time to realize this team just isn't that good. Stop blaming the refs, NBC, bad ice, etc. Too many flaws from the coaching to the players. Question is will our GM actually address these flaws this summer or stay "status quo"?

Oh and I'm not upset at the team. They had a great run but it's time to face reality, and they're getting a good dose of it tonight..

The team is good, we just ran into a better, more rested team...with a goalie who is having one of the best postseasons of ALL TIME....

Well get back to me on that again in a month, this could be a drastically different team by then. At least in 2001, there was no real danger of the team breaking up. Yes in a vaccum, this loss (even if a sweep) isn't going to be anywhere near as annoying as that one, particualrly since Marty got outplayed by Roy. But Game 6 Rangers could be as good as it gets for a while.

Well the team actually change drastically the next year and for the better. We lost arnott, sykora, mogilny, holik and McKay but gained langs, nieuwendyk, friesen and tverdovsky in the following throw-away season and the sure before 02-03.

It will be harder to get back to the finals post-lockout but certainly far from being a terrible team.

Dude. It's the Stanley cup finals. You're talking like its January 2011. They need some changes, but the fact is they beat 3 teams and now ran into a very, very good team. I think the coaching did very well and the players hit a wall.

They should have known what they were getting themselves into. 4 days to prepare. But again I'm not angry at them or some bandwagon freak. Fact is they had a great run.

We also don't don't about certain things like injuries and the such. We might want to get rid or upgrade certain areas but until this is over and we hear what is really going on I wouldn't really count on demanding changes.

Kovy and clarkson have to be playing hurt.

I would imagine that a decent percentage of our roster is suffering from some type of nagging injury. It's not that they sucked but they're beat. The Kings only played 14 games to get to the cup and mind you some of those scores were not close and the Kings controlled the play so they didn't have to play their asses of like the Devils did. We played 18 against a fast FLA team, a dominant scumbag PHI team, and a shot blocking, cheating, devious NYR club.

We've got a lot of hurt and gassed guys who gave it their all to get here. no one should be hanging anyone out to dry here.

Be grateful we're not Nucks, Blues or Yotes fans. They've never won a cup and were beat almost as bad as we are being beat. Add to the fact that the Nucks/Kings series had horrible officiating.

Major changes on a cup finalist? Let's not overreact. It sucks but it's not the Columbus blue jackets.

Yes we are a stanley cup finalist, but you can clearly see that there is something missing. Hopefully LL will find this "missing part".

But, we should all be proud of our NJ Devils who nobody saw in the SCF Finals.

Need a win, or at least some goals Wednesday.

Kovy was terrible, offense was invisible, but most important: the Kings were perfect. Seriously. They beat us on every puck battle, they anticipated our movement, they had a great PK, they finished their opportunities and Quick was outstanding. And there it is.

Maybe if we won games 1+2 it'd have been different tonight, but we didn't, so it isn't.

This is why as frustrated as I am I don't go on boards picking fights with people who are telling me to calm down.

Notice between the two of us I'm not telling other people to calm down or telling them to burn their Devils gear because they're frustrated? ok.. great.. you can keep calm when you see your team get embarrassed. I can't. More power to ya.

Edited by slasher72

Momentum is a b!tch.

Games 1 and 2 could have gone our way...and this game was up for the taking early. One big goal in any of the three games and it's a different series. But again, the execution wasn't there...hard to believe they are looking down the barrel of a sweep at this point after all the team was able to accomplish.