Dallas Fires Nieuwendyk

MDPucks

I think he (Lou)absolutely loves his job. Yes, he stresses like anybody else. Look at the rewards from last year. Nobody picked us to get to the playoffs last year let alone SC finals. He still looks pretty

smart. I think he'll bring in a guy like Nieuwendyk and mentor him for a year or two. Then fade away.

Maybe even his son. Maybe he'll train Sarge?

I really don't think Lou stresses like all these amatuer wannabes that are in the league now.  He's made his mark on this league.  Absolutely nothing is going to taint his legacy.  Unless some Paterno sh!t turns up...

I really don't think Lou stresses like all these amatuer wannabes that are in the league now.  He's made his mark on this league.  Absolutely nothing is going to taint his legacy.  Unless some Paterno sh!t turns up...

Let's not talk about that Paterno situation.  Bad business.

following in the footsteps of Lou Lamierello is a very big job. i don't know WHO can succeed him with success.

Depends on how you define "success".

That said, it's probably better to be the guy who replaces the guy who comes after Lou rather than the guy who replaces Lou.

Depends on how you define "success".

That said, it's probably better to be the guy who replaces the guy who comes after Lou rather than the guy who replaces Lou.

If that is not everyone's greatest fear about Lou and Marty leaving the Devils, I don't know what is. I mean, Lou is so good, that we could get a really good GM to replace him and he could still get chewed up and spit out 5 mins later when he makes 1 mistake because the fanbase will collectively recall Lou as the infallible one.