2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Hate to break it to you but you have no affect on any of that happening lol

Gee thanks for clarifying.

eh, Seahawks-9ers is a made up rivalry that didn't even exist a few years ago. They're not real long term rivals.

plus the Sox 04 and 07 wins did not result in a Rag cup

Hey guys I wasn't actually being serious you know.

Montreal and the Rags are very evenly matched teams.  So this could be anybody's series, but the fatigue of the Rags has to show up eventually, at least I hope so.

that's what I'm hoping for too

if that's the case then yes...he's a rangers fan. Since he's rooting for the Rangers against a team that the devils and their fans have no animosity towards.

The only time a Devils fan can root for the Rags is when a Rags win helps the Devils in some way. Since this Rags win doesn't help the Devils in any way...then yes rooting for them makes you a Rangers fan. No reason to prioritize Rags over Habs. Makes no sense. Even if he hates the Habs. Root for Habs first, then root for whoever is out west to beat Montreal

tell me you're kidding then i won't say a thing and ignore it. Tell me you're actually serious then i'll have one long ass reply for you

tell me you're kidding then i won't say a thing and ignore it. Tell me you're actually serious then i'll have one long ass reply for you

100% serious. Explain why, as a Devils fan you root for the team that has given the Devils the most misery in their history, whose cruse obnoxious fans routinely start sh!t in our building, gleefully cheerlead and start innuendo about the Devils being broke and moving. 1992, 1994, 1997, 2008....and all the wars and battles in between.

Compare this to the 0 times Montreal has ended our season. So let them beat the Rangers. God bless them...let them win a Stanley cup. And since you're a Devils fans it won't bother you to see a non Devils rival win a Stanley Cup. Unless of course you're stupid. I wouldn't mind being in say...Vancouver to see the Canucks win a cup or Chicago to see the Hawks win one. They're not our rivals. No skin off my back

But you root for them against the benign Canadiens, who we have no rivalry with, and whose fans have done nothing to us. Yea Ole is annoying...so what. Rooting for the Habs against the Rags makes about as much sense as rooting for the Rags against the Panthers or Lightning.

Edited by '7'

if that's the case then yes...he's a rangers fan. Since he's rooting for the Rangers against a team that the devils and their fans have no animosity towards.

The only time a Devils fan can root for the Rags is when a Rags win helps the Devils in some way. Since this Rags win doesn't help the Devils in any way...then yes rooting for them makes you a Rangers fan. No reason to prioritize Rags over Habs. Makes no sense. Even if he hates the Habs. Root for Habs first, then root for whoever is out west to beat Montreal

There are no rules. I have no rooting interest in this series. There isn't a current Ranger player or coach I dislike on this team. Again I'll prefix this by saying I don't think I am holier than anyone else here. You all have valid reasons to hate the Rangers. I just root for my own teams...that's it.

SD hates the Habs more than any other team, so he should root for the Rangers.

Edited by devilsrule33

There are no rules. I have rooting interest in this series. There isn't a current Ranger player or coach I dislike on this team. Again I'll prefix this by saying I don't think I am holier than anyone else here. You all have valid reasons to hate the Rangers. I just root for my own teams...that's it.

SD hates the Habs more than any other team, so he should root for the Rangers.

You don't hate Lundqvist? He's like the biggest pompous a$$hole. hitting ice girls, the smug male model stuff. How about St. Louis being a prick and crying his way to the Rags.

hey if he wants to root for the Rangers. Let him. He can root for him all the time (maybe he does)

Edited by '7'

100% serious. Explain why, as a Devils fan you root for the team that has given the Devils the most misery in their history, whose cruse obnoxious fans routinely start sh!t in our building, gleefully cheerlead and start innuendo about the Devils being broke and moving. 1992, 1994, 1997, 2008....and all the wars and battles in between.

Compare this to the 0 times Montreal has ended our season. So let them beat the Rangers. God bless them...let them win a Stanley cup. And since you're a Devils fans it won't bother you to see a non Devils rival win a Stanley Cup. Unless of course you're stupid. I wouldn't mind being in say...Vancouver to see the Canucks win a cup or Chicago to see the Hawks win one. They're not our rivals. No skin off my back

But you root for them against the benign Canadiens, who we have no rivalry with, and whose fans have done nothing to us. Yea Ole is annoying...so what. Rooting for the Habs against the Rags makes about as much sense as rooting for the Rags against the Panthers or Lightning.

Dude, the Rangers Devils rivalry is somewhat artificial to me cause i never "lived" it through thrash talking or fans around me and sh!t like that. Understand that i dont live in the NY area. I still hate the Rangers of course.

But for ME the real rivalry was always against MTL cause thats the team that all my friends rooted for and who i was thrash talking with and those we're the games with "consequences" all my life. When NJ would win montreal i'd give them sh!t and when NJ was losing i was of course getting it good cause i was one against hundreds

I know maybe 3-4 Rangers fans and they are all extremely nice and never gave me sh!t. 

I'd root against the Rangers against ANYONE other than MTL and everyone here should know that. Saying that im a "rangers fan" is extremely pushing and stupid to be honest. The world doesnt revolve around you and your situation bud.

Edited by SterioDesign

You don't hate Lundqvist? He's like the biggest pompous a$$hole. hitting ice girls, the smug male model stuff. How about St. Louis being a prick and crying his way to the Rags.

Not sure the exact reasons why St Louis left Tampa and had to go to the Rangers, but, yes, I guess I did lose some respect for him. I think most people held him in very high regard before that. His family tragedy has made me forget the trade.

I am a fan of Lundqvist. Why should I care that he's good looking and gets opportunities to do things many good looking athletes have done in all sports. I think Lundqvist is very hard to hate. I understand why people in NJ want to hate him due to dozens of Rangers fans anointing him 'King Henrik' and saying he is better than Brodeur. It's frustrating, but once you separate that it really has nothing to do with Lundqvist himself..whatever. And because of those annoying fans and who he plays for, rooting for him to fail and blow in the playoffs...sure, but that has nothing to do with having to hate him.

He always handles himself well, and made it a non issue when Brodeur has commented about him over the years. If you are annoyed by Rangers fans and the media, you better shut it all out if the Rangers do win the Cup. Lundqvist will be marketed heavily and become the face of the NHL.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 2

Not sure the exact reasons why St Louis left Tampa and had to go to the Rangers, but, yes, I guess I did lose some respect for him. I think most people held him in very high regard before that. His family tragedy has made me forget the trade.

I am a fan of Lundqvist. Why should I care that he's good looking and gets opportunities to do things many good looking athletes have done in all sports. I think Lundqvist is very hard to hate. I understand why people in NJ want to hate him due to dozens of Rangers fans anointing him 'King Henrik' and saying he is better than Brodeur. It's frustrating, but once you separate that it really has nothing to do with Lundqvist himself..whatever. And for those annoying fans, rooting for him to fail and blow in the playoffs...I get it, but that has nothing to do with him.

He always handles himself well, and made it a non issue when Brodeur has commented about him over the years. If you are annoyed by Rangers fans and the media, you better shut it all out if the Rangers do win the Cup. Lundqvist will marketed as the face of the NHL.

As a puckstopper I will admit Lundqvist is better than Brodeur (maybe better than Brodeur has ever been) I guess for me it goes back to Lundqvists whining and standoffishness. I mean I hate it when Brodeur whines...but lundqvists sad sack "Oh my god, the fact that they counted that goal...just scary" little tantrum after some controversial goal on him in Ottawa really bothered me. The massive pads bother me as well.

And no I don't like Brodeur sniping at Lundqvist either. It's unnecessary.

Edited by '7'

A more simple question would have been, "why do you hate the Habs more than the Rangers?"

A more simple explanation would have been, "I live near Montreal and hate the Habs more."

Well i actually live 10 hours away from MTL, i dont even live in Quebec... i can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be right in the middle of it

"No! You have to hate the team I hate because you like the team I like. Otherwise, you automatically like the team I hate."

holy crap, so this is what its like when your fanbase has nothing better to do since the team sucked it up this year?

this is exactly what happens people turn into whiney little babies its ridiculous.

Actually some Devils fans don't hate the Rangers as much as other teams. There's no requirement to march in lockstep.

One thing I've noticed: the fans that don't hate the Rags as much as the rest of us like DR and SD, don't live in the area... Trust me guys- if you lived in the NJ/NY metro area, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You'd hate them just as much as everyone else here does.

One thing I've noticed: the fans that don't hate the Rags as much as the rest of us like DR and SD, don't live in the area... Trust me guys- if you lived in the NJ/NY metro area, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You'd hate them just as much as everyone else here does.

of course cause thats what creates a rivalry. When fans goes at it too and are mixing with each other.

Im 100% certain i'd hate the rangers a lot more if id like in the NY/NJ area lol and im sure you'd hate the Habs a lot more if you live up here haha

of course cause thats what creates a rivalry. When fans goes at it too and are mixing with each other.

Im 100% certain i'd hate the rangers a lot more if id like in the NY/NJ area lol and im sure you'd hate the Habs a lot more if you live up here haha

I don't doubt I'd dislike the Habs more if I lived there- I don't really like them all that much now lol. But the hatred for the Rangers that we Devils fans from NJ have is the type of intense hatred born from a number of different factors that out-of-town fans may not fully relate to... Having them 10 miles away, growing up going to school and having to work with Rags fans, Rags fans from NJ who choose to root for a NY team, the media, their fans in our building, etc... Its a special kind of hatred between the fan bases and the teams. Its the kind of hate that's unique because of the geography and all these other factors. So you have to understand SD- cheering for the Rags on this board, no matter how much you hate the Habs, isn't something that's gonna be received very well, but I'm sure you know that already anyway lol. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Unless someone finds a way to get Lundqvist off his game, they're going to win the cup.

Is this a reverse jinx? They will get dismantled by either the Kings or Hawks. Not sure anyone in the East has/had a chance to bring it home this year. The Cali teams and Chicago are playing the game at a much higher level. I can't see the Finals going past 5 games.

I don't doubt I'd dislike the Habs more if I lived there- I don't really like them all that much now lol. But the hatred for the Rangers that we Devils fans from NJ have is the type of intense hatred born from a number of different factors that out-of-town fans may not fully relate to... Having them 10 miles away, growing up going to school and having to work with Rags fans, Rags fans from NJ who choose to root for a NY team, the media, their fans in our building, etc... Its a special kind of hatred between the fan bases and the teams. Its the kind of hate that's unique because of the geography and all these other factors. So you have to understand SD- cheering for the Rags on this board, no matter how much you hate the Habs, isn't something that's gonna be received very well, but I'm sure you know that already anyway lol.

Oh of course haha i totally get the hate, im not the one who jump on another poster accusing him of being a rangers fan haha