149 replies to this topic

#81 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I would only consider him coming back for the hilarity. under deboer and with his old buddy elias, he would almost certainly produce a 10 goal season at the very least, and probably burn the habs and rags to spite them in GWGs. Guarantee he will be miles better as a Devil and drive the other fans absolutely crazy doing it.

I said it a few years ago, you are looking at a kid who didn't graduate high school (i think that's true, or maybe graduated) but bottom line he's not smart, he wanted to get paid and went to the lime light he can't hack. Coming back would definitely work in his favor but I don't want to risk it, we don't really need him.

i feel the same way but damn would it ever be hilarious if he'd come here and produce like crazy. lol could make fun of the 2 fanbases i hate the most.

www.SterioDesign.com

#82 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

maybe we can give him an incentive based contract, 50K for each goal scored on habs or rags.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#83 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
UFAs Wade Redden and Scott Gomez are also likely to sign with teams today.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#84 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

we're not hearing anything about Gomez... means the Devils are in it... lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#85 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Kypreos

@RealKyper

As many as 6 including #devils #canes #isles "@SunGarrioch: Not sure how many teams are in on UFA S. Gomez but #sharks have tendered offer."

#86 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

would actually like him back in NJ, he isn't a first or second line guy, but a great depth addition.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#87 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

would actually like him back in NJ, he isn't a first or second line guy, but a great depth addition.

I think so too. I'm just not sure where we would put him. I mean he's natural center but we don't really need a center. And I'm not sure if I would want to put a guy that's been struggling at his natural position on the wing. I was thinking matteau-josefson-Gomez. Just a thought

Edited by njd3b1ink, 18 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#88 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think so too. I'm just not sure where we would put him. I mean he's natural center but we don't really need a center. And I'm not sure if I would want to put a guy that's been struggling at his natural position on the wing. I was thinking matteau-josefson-Gomez. Just a thought

Guarantee if Gomez is here, he will be playing center.

We could definitely use another playmaking center. I imagine Josefson would get moved to the wing if Gomez is here. Josefson will get hurt eventually anyway.

Edited by ghdi, 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#89 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Guarantee if Gomez is here, he will be playing center.

We could definitely use another playmaking center. I imagine Josefson would get moved to the wing if Gomez is here. Josefson will get hurt eventually anyway.

I was thinking JJ could go to the wing but I think I wud rather have the most defensively responsible player at center so that's why I wud keep JJ at center

#90 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Kypreos

@RealKyper
As many as 6 including #devils #canes #isles "@SunGarrioch: Not sure how many teams are in on UFA S. Gomez but #sharks have tendered offer."

Sharks baby.

Gomez would be the 3rd line center replacing Handzus I suppose I can't imagine him on the wing. He's be great for the 2nd PP.

Good article about Gomez's play not being as bad as reported

http://www.fearthefi...nhl-free-agency
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#91 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Sounds like the Sharks are going to get him, at least according to some people on Twitter. I'm interested to see terms of whomever signs him.

#92 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

i wonder if he'd rather play out west and like... enjoy the whole season without having to play against his 3 old clubs. So he wouldnt have to face the media about any of that and just focus on his play.

www.SterioDesign.com

#93 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Can confirm multiple reports that Devils are among teams that have expressed interest in Gomez. Don't know how serious that interest is.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#94 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Phoenix is out.

#95 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm just curious what this 'bidding war' is going towards.

Surely he can't be being offered serious dollars

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#96 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm just curious what this 'bidding war' is going towards.

Surely he can't be being offered serious dollars

I imagine its more towards how he would be used than a money argument. I can't imagine he gets more than 1-2m at the absolute most and even that is too much.

#97 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Years maybe? I cannot believe he hasn't signed here yet.

#98 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'd walk away if he was being offered more than one year, or more than $1.5 million.

It's entirely possible if he has picked the Devils that they can't announce it until Butler clears waivers tomorrow afternoon.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#99 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'd walk away if he was being offered more than one year, or more than $1.5 million.

It's entirely possible if he has picked the Devils that they can't announce it until Butler clears waivers tomorrow afternoon.

Couldn't they just send Larsson down on paper for now?

#100 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I just had a chuckle thinking about this..

But imagine taking this identical thread, with people wanting Gomez back, and showing it to forum users that fateful summer where he hopped over the river. Would be hilarious to see people's reactions knowing he'd be welcomed back only a handful of years later

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users