Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

if jamie is traded, i hope they dont give the C to any one. let the new coach next year give it to a player that he chooses. i dont want to see what happened to elias in 07 happen 2011

Thats not a bad idea, but my money is it goes to Kovie.

just like everything this season these are moves that should have happened in the off season...

jamie will hopefully find some luck this post season with a new team.

he's probably going to be happy to get the hell out of dodge.

He may not have finished well, but Jamie was a great Devil for a long time. Smart deal, but I'll miss Jamie -- at least Jamie before the Olympics last year. It feels like a breakup after the relationship went south for awhile -- you knew it was happening, you're relieved it's over, but that doesn't mean you don't really miss the good parts, especially now that there's no hope of experiencing them again.

I've spoken to people who know Langs, and was told he always liked playing here, except he apparently lamented that the front office didn't do enough to market the team, and fill up the building. Maybe things soured last season, but it's pretty lame to be knocking the guy when when the suckiness of the team has been a collective effort.

I agree that it's time to cut the cord, but real Devils fans ought to wish him the best, and not be classless jerks and boo him every time he touches the puck when he's in another uniform.

Edited by Daniel

I've been riding shotgun on the anti-Langs bandwagon ever since he said he couldn't get motivated to play in the playoffs, but once he's gone, the crappy player is gone and all that remains will be the good memories. We don't win in 2003 without Langenbrunner.

But until then, C'MON MAXIMUM TRADE RETURN!

I've been riding shotgun on the anti-Langs bandwagon ever since he said he couldn't get motivated to play in the playoffs, but once he's gone, the crappy player is gone and all that remains will be the good memories. We don't win in 2003 without Langenbrunner.

But until then, C'MON MAXIMUM TRADE RETURN!

This. Good luck Langs. Thanks for the good memories and 2003.