Opening Night White

DaneykoIsGod

Except the ones they'll give out will most likely be either XXXL and fit elephants only or be kid size, the way the Red Alert shirts were in the playoffs a couple years back :P

What do you expect? This is America. We like our food super sized and according to Dennys we like a scoop of mac and cheese on our cheeseburgers.

dennys-big-daddy-patty-melt_blog.jpg

We are full of fat fvcks.

I was trying to buy some tunnbrod (a kind of swedish bread- it's the only way I can get my daughter to eat vegetables) and I found this thing:

5154055750_e2887f8aa1.jpg

This is a hot dog, mustard, catsup, shrimp salad, lettuce and onions.

Swedes should be fat fvckers too by all accounts...but they aren't really --what gives with us?

Their portions are more sensible and they tend to lead more active lives than us.

If I remember right, they usually release these late in the pre-season or in that period between the end of the pre-season and opening night.

Usually by opening night, they have a list of promo nights, but usually is somewhat incomplete as they add more through the year. Usually by late November the list is complete, but they sometimes have nights that are kinda last-minute and is not on the calendar. The one that comes to mind that was recent was the Telebrands giveaway a couple seasons back against Columbus.

Anyone remember those veggie fries they gave out for retro night LOL

What do you expect? This is America. We like our food super sized and according to Dennys we like a scoop of mac and cheese on our cheeseburgers.

dennys-big-daddy-patty-melt_blog.jpg

We are full of fat fvcks.

ok if we gonna talk "junk food" i feel obliged to defend my turf and present "Brazilian Junk Food" Not the Hamburgão/Altas Horas kind of junk food. The Real deal the kind you can only find in Brazil.

Heres the guide for the best junk food in Rio de Janeiro.

http://guiadopodrao.com.br/

on topic i won't complain much after. its free and the Design look great so far.

Some people on HF are saying they are going to wear red in defiance.. I guess the marketing department can't do anything right by some fans.. They should really just go back to silly bands for promo nights and totally messing up the Meet and Greets.. At least people will be complaining for lack of effort instead of sh!tting on the team's extra effort

Some people are just ridiculous :kill:

I cant stand fans like that. Its team spirit. If they want a white-out, fine by me. I hope that its a legit white instead of the one advertised for the 2002 playoffs.

from HFboards:

We have a very rebellious, opinionated and stubborn fan base that is passionate about most things.

I hope everyone wears white but if not, as long as most seats are occupied by Devils fans cheering loud that it what really is of importance.

as long as most seats are occupied by Devils fans cheering loud that it what really is of importance

THIS. who cares if you are a follower or free thinker? white or red who cares? it's a nice idea to organize this, but really there are a lot of people (me included) that have a tradition of wearing a jersey to a game vs just a devils t-shirt or hoodie or whatever (I have a friend who always shows up in regular street clothes to devils games - i tease him about it, but the important part is BEING THERE TO SUPPORT THE DAMN TEAM!) - I personally have always worn a jersey, and always had a red one. I just was never a fan of white at home or wearing the white. Nothing else matters. You're not gonna get arrested or turned away for not wearing the "uniform of the day". This ain't the military. no drill sergeant is gonna make you clean toilets for wearing the wrong uniform. Do what you want to do, wear the shirt, or take it with you, or use it as a rally towel - JUST SHOW UP AND SUPPORT THE TEAM! DROWN OUT THE PHILLY PHAGS and all will be well. Like with the team itself, the first priority it to whats on the front of the jersey, everything else is second. Everyone has their own rituals for games. :koolaid:

As put by another poster on HF (can't do any better than this)responding to someone quite adamant about the subject -

excuse me, guy I’ve never heard of, I wear jerseys to the games I attend (get your jersey on much?). I don’t own a white jersey. therefore, the only way to accommodate their stupid request is to wear a white t-shirt over my red jersey? im not doing that. hence, ill be wearing my red jersey. im not doing it for any of the idiotic reasons you posted, I just don’t have the apparel that is apparently necessary to go to the game. I don’t think 2 red jerseys will really stand out all that much. somebody get this guy a xanax prescription, stat.

I don't own a white jersey or a white devils shirt, I'll definitely take the shirt, prob use it as a rally towel for the game and take it home with me. Im not taking off my jersey to wear the shirt (that prob won't fit anyway) and not gonna wear it over my jersey - that just looks redic. Like I said everyone has their own rituals and that's fine. The important part is being out in force to support our Devils

Edited by Legion15

from HFboards:

as long as most seats are occupied by Devils fans cheering loud that it what really is of importance

THIS. who cares if you are a follower or free thinker? white or red who cares? it's a nice idea to organize this, but really there are a lot of people (me included) that have a tradition of wearing a jersey to a game vs just a devils t-shirt or hoodie or whatever (I have a friend who always shows up in regular street clothes to devils games - i tease him about it, but the important part is BEING THERE TO SUPPORT THE DAMN TEAM!) - I personally have always worn a jersey, and always had a red one. I just was never a fan of white at home or wearing the white. Nothing else matters. You're not gonna get arrested or turned away for not wearing the "uniform of the day". This ain't the military. no drill sergeant is gonna make you clean toilets for wearing the wrong uniform. Do what you want to do, wear the shirt, or take it with you, or use it as a rally towel - JUST SHOW UP AND SUPPORT THE TEAM! DROWN OUT THE PHILLY PHAGS and all will be well. Like with the team itself, the first priority it to whats on the front of the jersey, everything else is second. Everyone has their own rituals for games. :koolaid:

BINGO.. Just because a fan doesn't wear these white shirts doesn't mean he or she doesn't have "spirit". Lol people are acting like these things are required.. Who cares, just support ur team how u want

BINGO.. Just because a fan doesn't wear these white shirts doesn't mean he or she doesn't have "spirit". Lol people are acting like these things are required.. Who cares, just support ur team how u want

It gets back to a similar point just like the autograph courtesy at the BBQ. There's just too many people that will do what they want and act like nothing pertains to them.

Will it really kill someone to take the fvcking jersey off for a game and wear a white t-shirt? Did it kill the Winnipeg Jets, Penguins and Coyotes fans to do so? Does it call for a rebellion amongst other teams fanbases who are asked to wear a color in unity?

The Devils probably could have picked a much better night then to have the arena bowl look like a creamsicle with the orange and white.

Some people on HF are saying they are going to wear red in defiance.. I guess the marketing department can't do anything right by some fans.. They should really just go back to silly bands for promo nights and totally messing up the Meet and Greets.. At least people will be complaining for lack of effort instead of sh!tting on the team's extra effort

Some people are just ridiculous :kill:

i tried discussing this earlier and got told i needed to lighten up.

i tried discussing this earlier and got told i needed to lighten up.

You were told to relax because you were under the impression people on this board were "pissed" when all that was posted were a few fun jabs at the t-shirts themselves and questioning the game to have this at.

If you want to comment on people rebelling over being asked to wear white and acting like total toolbags and petulant children, then that's much different.

Edited by SJP20

It gets back to a similar point just like the autograph courtesy at the BBQ. There's just too many people that will do what they want and act like nothing pertains to them.

Will it really kill someone to take the fvcking jersey off for a game and wear a white t-shirt? Did it kill the Winnipeg Jets, Penguins and Coyotes fans to do so? Does it call for a rebellion amongst other teams fanbases who are asked to wear a color in unity?

The Devils probably could have picked a much better night then to have the arena bowl look like a creamsicle with the orange and white.

o stop... you're right, they are bein a little stubborn by not doin so. but cmon, is it gonna kill the crowd if some dont? and who cares, its not like they're saying you must wear this to attend the game

o stop... you're right, they are bein a little stubborn by not doin so. but cmon, is it gonna kill the crowd if some dont? and who cares, its not like they're saying you must wear this to attend the game

That's the kind of thing i am talking about right there. It's that entire attitude of "what are they gonna do to me?" or "you can't force me". What's wrong with just doing your part in trying to participate in a unifying effort for a night and not caring what anyone else does? If it makes someone feel better they can put the jersey back on after and go play grab ass at the bars.

Edited by SJP20

Some teams fanbases enjoy that experience at games where the fans are all pulling in 1 direction, and they gladly put the t-shirt on for the game. It seems as if our fanbase is always divided (other than our hatred of the Rangers and Flyers), so it doesn't suprise me that there will be people that flatly refuse to wear white (for whatever reason they have) or put on the t-shirt that is given away that night.

Is it a big deal? Absolutely not, as long as we are all cheering for the same team. But, I think its cool to see a whiteout like Winnepeg/Phoenix and Pittsburgh does. It adds just a little bit extra to that game experience in my opinion, and it's not like the team does this every night.

Hell, we all know the T-shirt is going to be a XXXL anyway, so I'm sure most people can easily put it on over another shirt, jersey, etc. If you choose not to do it, I could truly care less because its your choice. However, it would be nice if our fans started to get on the same page with something.

Going off on a bit of a tangent ... The supporters section is a great idea, and I love the fact that I'll be sitting next to them in Sec. 123 this season. However, after seeing/hearing the group at the Rangers game last Friday, I think a drum of some sort, rather than an airhorn, would be a better instrument to keep the beat for the chants. The airhorn is just waaayyy to slow and puts off the timing of everyone getting in on the chant. Just my 2 cents.

There's a huge difference between not following a stated rule and not wanting to wear the color of the visiting team's jersey at a game. Heck if they were going to do this they should have picked a day when there wasn't going to be a couple thousand fans of the other team in the building anyway.

There's a huge difference between not following a stated rule and not wanting to wear the color of the visiting team's jersey at a game. Heck if they were going to do this they should have picked a day when there wasn't going to be a couple thousand fans of the other team in the building anyway.

The attitude among some fans are the same, no matter if it's following a stated rule or participating in a "white out".

If people are somehow tying wearing white in with the color of the visting team's jersey, then this fanbase some serious issues that go beyond and above.