• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

im serious here... just looking at what happened to Dimebag... i can't believe that it couldnt happen to Bettman. Again... im absolutely serious. I'm SURE there's crazy enough fans out there with mental problems that could do it. I'd be really really stressed if i was him

im serious here... just looking at what happened to Dimebag... i can't believe that it couldnt happen to Bettman. Again... im absolutely serious. I'm SURE there's crazy enough fans out there with mental problems that could do it. I'd be really really stressed if i was him
. Chris Chelios, is that you? :P

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

The 2 sides got closer today... Deal won't get done unless NHL is willing to step down on some contracting rights demands. Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Make Whole $$$ asked for by players will need to go down as well.... But today was not a waste no matter what anybody says Sounds like the NHL didn't react as badly as everyone thought. Those who said today was a step in the right direction look to be right. Tough not to get caught up in the media posturing sometimes though.

And no sooner does Sterio post that, that we have THIS: Hoo boy. RT @JoshYohe_Trib: Angry fan jumps Bettman press conference. Crazy stuff.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Bettman now in a discussion with a fan...cameras rolling. Tells fan the union hasn't been willing to negotiate.

Bettman confronts angry fan pic.twitter.com/IgLKXiM4

— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_PGH)

November 21, 2012
@JoshYohe_Trib

Bettman confronts angry fan

jzTJM.jpg

Odds he is an NHL plant are around +200 but I'd be curious what the media have to say about it

Really? I can't imagine the NHL getting together and thinking: "Ok now after we reject the proposal, let's have an everyman NHL fan come in and Bettman can heroically explain the NHL's position to him!" That seems absurd, even for this CBA fight.

Really? I can't imagine the NHL getting together and thinking: "Ok now after we reject the proposal, let's have an everyman NHL fan come in and Bettman can heroically explain the NHL's position to him!" That seems absurd, even for this CBA fight.

I'm actually surprised Bettman wasn't accosted by a fan before this. Hell, I'm shocked Fehr hasn't been either. Well maybe they have been but not with cameras around though in this day and age everyone has a camera :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

. Seriously. The guy wasn't a plant lol.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2

And Bettman stop talking to the media. I wanna 'make whole' in your fkn head.

@BrandonPrust8

Gary bettman's autobiography is in stores now. It's titled 'how I destroyed a sport and a nation'

Children

Edited by Zubie#8

I was thinking that as well, the owners are getting crushed in the PR war. I wonder if this encounter ended in a hug/hand shake for newspapers.

Yeah well the players are digging their own grave with all these dumb twitter comments. It truly is a pox on both their houses time.

I've never been more glad that Lou forbids players from using Twitter than I am now. This stuff is hard enough to stomach now, it'd be ten times worse if it were Devil players acting like they were five years old and Vanderbeek being a hypocrite like Jacobs/Leipold.

Yeah well the players are digging their own grave with all these dumb twitter comments. It truly is a pox on both their houses time.

I've never been more glad that Lou forbids players from using Twitter than I am now. This stuff is hard enough to stomach now, it'd be ten times worse if it were Devil players acting like they were five years old and Vanderbeek being a hypocrite like Jacobs/Leipold.

. I knew sh!t would get ugly this time around with Twitter. Can you imagine if there was Twitter 8 years ago with all the cap/no cap back and forth? Lmao, that would've been entertaining.

FWIW

http://www.nydailyne...er-saying-nhl-n

Here is the exchange:

HALL: “Put the money (in dispute) aside so nobody touches it and let the people get back to playing hockey. Eventually that pot’s going to build. But the guy who makes money selling parking spots – let him get back to making a living.”

BETTMAN: “The impact that this is having on everybody associated with the league is not lost on us. Believe me. But the fact of the matter is, when you’re dealing with a union and they’re really not trying to negotiate any deal that you can live with for the long-term health of this game, there isn’t much else you can do. And we’re hoping that with the passage of time, the players’ association will come to realize that what we have proposed is more than fair. And the fact that we’re keeping this proposal on the table, when it was contingent upon an 82-game schedule, should be evidence of our desire to get this done the right way.”

HALL: “The $18 million a day you’re losing. There’s got to be a smarter way.”

BETTMAN: “It makes no sense (meaning it makes no sense continuing to lose that money each day). But thank you for being a fan.”

HALL: “I appreciate it, and I apologize for raising my voice.”

BETTMAN: “No, no, no. Happy Thanksgiving.”

HALL: “Thanks for your time.”

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.