GDT - Devs/Sens Game II

Don

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from a party. They didn't get Versus so I was stuck refreshing the score page. When I found out it was going into overtime I thought I was going to vomit (and not because I'm drunk :P) I was beyond relieved when I refreshed the page to find we won. :D:gd:

I actually fell asleep sometime during the 1st OT. I haven't been sleeping well due to the financial problems and, well, when I actually fall asleep I guess I should be happy about it. I woke up with two cats sleeping on me and Lou was speaking during the press conference. I have to say - this is not something you want to see when you wake up. And, from his demeanor and his tone of voice, you can't tell whether they won or not. Then someone asked whether it was a relief that they split and I thought...OK, relief..., now - who scored????

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG WIN by the Devils! :dance::evil: They played their game for most part of the game especially in the 1st period. This game should have been over in regulation but a win is a win. Devils need to shoot a lot better and put a lot more shots onto Emery who looked shaky once again giving up some huge rebounds. Nice double OT breakaway goal by Langenbrunner! :dance:

Looking forward to Game 3 in Ottawa where the Devils and Brodeur play very well there. Great win by the Devils last night and the sellout crowd of 19,040 was really into this one! :evil:

:gd:

One thing that really bothered me last night is the refs called that extremely touchy hook by Gionta with time expiring in regulation but then let the completely blatant hook on Martin, that almost spun him 360 degrees as he is about to possibly skate by the Senators, go uncalled. How can the refs seriously thing the touchy call was a good one to make and ignore the obvious one?

Came back to NJ for the weekend, and spent Saturday evening at a VFW in Nutley. It was a pretty cool place actually. We went to celebrate a birthday with some friends, and I ended up spending most of the night in the bar across the hall with some older folks where the TV was on and a country band made up of four guys whose average age had to be 65 were playin' their hearts out. Enjoyed the heck out of 'em. Real country music here, folks....Cash & Haggard type material...pedal steel, etc....not this Chesney, McGraw crap..I digress....

Didn't get to see much of the game....luckily I was in public when Ottawa tied it late, so the profanity and yelling was held in check. In the car on the parkway when Langs scored....gave a few honks, pumped the fist, and worried my girlfriend B )

Can't comment on much, because while I was able to see a good portion of the game, there was a ton going on....

BTW, watched the Rags game today.....how ANYONE could say they favor the shootout in OT for the playoffs is just a complete fool

Edited by davemaleyfan

One thing that really bothered me last night is the refs called that extremely touchy hook by Gionta with time expiring in regulation but then let the completely blatant hook on Martin, that almost spun him 360 degrees as he is about to possibly skate by the Senators, go uncalled. How can the refs seriously thing the touchy call was a good one to make and ignore the obvious one?