GDT - Devs/Sens Game II

Don

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I just read the posts here but I feel I need to say something

You can not start playing defense, you can't crawl back into the trench with 9 minutes remaining with only a one goal lead, esp. against OTT

It doesn't work in street hockey and it doesn't work in the NHL

but the devils are willing to do it every single game.

frustrating to watch

Edited by CaptainRafalski

Nice coverage in the middle of the ice - what a waste...

Not to complain, but that was the worst officiated penalty of the year. White's call was complete BS. Gomez and Gionta got hooked going to the net about 12 times, and then with 3 seconds left he calls a piece of sh!t on Gomez.

We should have won that game 4-2... We can't hit a barn tonight.

Marty looked awesome the last 2 periods. Let's not waste this! :evilcry:

I guess I spoke too soon saying the Devils weren't sitting back, that looked more like the Julien Devils towards the end :doh1:

And yes that was a chintsy penalty at the end, but you know what show some guts, kill off this penalty and win this @#$@%ing game. Otherwise this series IS over.

I guess I spoke too soon saying the Devils weren't sitting back, that looked more like the Julien Devils towards the end :doh1:

And yes that was a chintsy penalty at the end, but you know what show some guts, kill off this penalty and win this @#$@%ing game. Otherwise this series IS over.

Agreed. It will be a moment of truth in this upcoming OT period. If they want it enough, the Devils will win tonight.

Why was Sarge and martin out there....it should've been Jamie and White/Matvichuk instead.

Because they can't break up the set lines for a second :P

Lou (or Johnny Mac?) made the same mistake last year, Marty even alluded to it in his book when he said he would have put Jamie on the ice instead of Gionta for size against the Canes, I think he also said he would have had a bigger defenseman than Martin out there.

Glad to see I'm home just in time to catch the game on radio (being a draw through three). Looks like I missed a hell of a regulation. The thing about OT games is that often flukey goals win it. A lot can be decided on a trickler that sneaks in the net. S***ty way to decide the direction a series will take, but it is what it is.