Things you can't stand at a hockey game

spyro

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to turn this into that type of thread either

But I guess my best analogy for these "fans" would be:

Going out on a double date with your best friend and his NEW girlfriend. He has a couple of beers in him at dinner and then just rants and complains nonstop about his OLD girlfriend who jilted him.

Your just embarassed for him.

While I don't agree, I see where you're coming from. Fans either feel strongly one way or the other on this and I don't see any internet arguments swaying people to change their stances. My opinion is that fans should A) be loud and B) support the team and each other. Rangers Suck fans are loud, and anti-Rangers Suck people tend to be quiet and look down on their fellow fans.

Such a polarizing subject.

So do Ranger fans. Nothing makes them laugh harder than an envious Devil fan.

I've always thought Rangers Suck was a way of making fun of that ridiculous Potvin Sucks chant. At least the Rangers are still in the league (and do indeed suck). Potvin retired 20 years ago, has four Stanley Cup rings and is in the Hall of Fame. The whole chant originated when he hit some no-name and the jealous Rangers fans just latched on to it and still have yet to let go. Talk about embarassing. They say we stole it from them, but we're just mocking them.

While I don't agree, I see where you're coming from. Fans either feel strongly one way or the other on this and I don't see any internet arguments swaying people to change their stances. My opinion is that fans should A) be loud and B) support the team and each other. Rangers Suck fans are loud, and anti-Rangers Suck people tend to be quiet and look down on their fellow fans.

Such a polarizing subject.

It's not so polarizing. Everything has its place.

If we are playing the Rangers, I will yell this at the top of my lungs.

If we are playing Ottawa? Its just stupid.

I've always thought Rangers Suck was a way of making fun of that ridiculous Potvin Sucks chant. At least the Rangers are still in the league (and do indeed suck). Potvin retired 20 years ago, has four Stanley Cup rings and is in the Hall of Fame. The whole chant originated when he hit some no-name and the jealous Rangers fans just latched on to it and still have yet to let go. Talk about embarassing. They say we stole it from them, but we're just mocking them.

Interesting point. I always forget that the Ranger fans do that, and that's 10 times more ridiculous than "Rangers Suck". Personally, I don't do it because I've had enough of it. When the Rangers were one of the worst teams in the leauge with the highest payroll and we had a 23-1-1 record against them, then it was entertaining. But when they beat us 7 times in a season and clearly don't suck as bad as they used to, it makes us look bitter as fans. Also, not saying "Rangers Suck" dosen't prevent me from being vocal at other times...I'm sure this holds true for a good many people.

Cow bells.

I'm sorry but if you are sitting right near them it is a god awful racket.

Adding to that point...

I love how the cowbell and drumstick are completely acceptable items to have while sitting in your $95.00 seat to watch a hockey game.

However, G-D FORBID I get the bottle cap to my Miller Lite. :noclue:

Adding to that point...

I love how the cowbell and drumstick are completely acceptable items to have while sitting in your $95.00 seat to watch a hockey game.

However, G-D FORBID I get the bottle cap to my Miller Lite. :noclue:

The majority of all the stadiums and arenas in the country take the caps off as well.

Well the Sharks have lost to Dallas all 3 times they met in the playoffs. I don't see them booing as a big deal, they aren't booing the anthem they are booing the Stars and taking a jab at what the Stars fans do because they all scream Stars! during the anthem at their home games.

I didn't realize this happened, but this isn't a big deal.

Either 1) Someone sitting directly behind me explaining hockey to someone who's never been to a game before.

or 2) Anyone attempting play-by-play.

This is a good thing, we want as many new fans as we can get. Now if theyre saying "that black thing is called a puck" i understand how it could be annoying. But I would love if the people next to me were new fans and asked me to explain the interference rule or even icing.

I generally like the Rangers Suck chants and have done it tmany times. But I can't stand it when people do it when the Devils are losing to other teams. Or when we're playing the Flyers. Also, I hate how that chant and the Let's Go Devils chants are mostly the only ones we do anymore.

I've said it a million times, we should be chanting Marty's name at every game whenever he makes a big save. He's only the greatest goalie of all time (or darn close to it).

And I hate it when a lot of fans leave early. I'll never forget when the Canes eliminated the Devils in the 2002 playoffs. Under a minute left, the Devils down by only one goal, Marty was pulled, and fans are pouring toward the exits. The Devils had just come off of two consecutive Stanley Cup Finals appearances, but when the chips were down, too many fans were abandoning the team left and right.

I generally like the Rangers Suck chants and have done it tmany times. But I can't stand it when people do it when the Devils are losing to other teams. Or when we're playing the Flyers. Also, I hate how that chant and the Let's Go Devils chants are mostly the only ones we do anymore.

I've said it a million times, we should be chanting Marty's name at every game whenever he makes a big save. He's only the greatest goalie of all time (or darn close to it).

And I hate it when a lot of fans leave early. I'll never forget when the Canes eliminated the Devils in the 2002 playoffs. Under a minute left, the Devils down by only one goal, Marty was pulled, and fans are pouring toward the exits. The Devils had just come off of two consecutive Stanley Cup Finals appearances, but when the chips were down, too many fans were abandoning the team left and right.

Yea that's pretty embarrassing. Also, we should harass opposing goalies more during bad games.

Edited by CupChamps3X

Yea that's pretty embarrassing. Also, we should harass opposing goalies more during bad games.

we should chant henrik during games not including the rangers :noclue:

what i dont understand are the people who leave their garbage everywhere for the workers to clean up. there are garbage cans put up for a reason and put ur sh!t in there, not on the floor

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers

My peeve is being in a section with kids and some lunkhead feels its his 1st amendment right to squeeze as much profanity as he can into a game under the heading "I paid for this ticket, I can say what I want".

That and someone infront of me who gets up for every shot or check then stays standing until the next commercial break.

haha no hard feelings, I don't curse as much as the lunkhead you talked about but I do like to let out a "what the (fill in the blank) was that?!?" every once in a while.

The wives/gfs that sit right next to you and all they do is talk about anything but the game...

People that yell, "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT" when their team is on the pp..i mean they have a better line of vision than you stfu...but i guess "sometimes" it's just a frustration thing to yell it..but 98% of the time it's just annoying

People that are leaving the game with like 2 minutes left..

Ohh and if it's playoffs DONT talk to me during the game..I'm trying to watch not have a conversation with you

Edited by annabelle