The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I've read and heard of these in numerous places. I think he was an old equipment manager or something.

SPJ20 probably has the names and details....

I believe your right on that...an equipment guy of some kind and he recently (might still) have some stuff on eBay.

Hey guys,

If you want to know some of the urban legends behind the jerseys that you guys seem to be referring to, shoot me an email privately and i'll get back to you when i can.

This Brown is legit. It's a great jersey.

unknown poster,

PM sent.

:thumbsup:

The Brown is legit. It's just not a $700 jersey or is it a $600 jersey. It's around $$475-500, It's a victim of the hobby and economy of it right now. Photomatched would be a plus.

One thing alot of game worn collectors or newer collectors get trapped into thinking is that an LOA makes the item real. The item itself makes the item real, not the LOA. There are plenty of fake/doctored items with LOA's and items jerseys without LOA's that are sold and it's up to the buyer to do his homework to the best of his ability before buying. Never let the lack of an LOA deter you from buying as you could miss out on a great item!

Besides, there aren't too many Devils jerseys that pop up for sale anywhere without MeiGray/Meigray Vintage docs anyway, so the homework part is not needed, but i can tell you that if this Brown was around $450/$475 i'd buy it. :)

Very good points unknown poster.

The Brown is legit. It's just not a $700 jersey or is it a $600 jersey. It's around $$475-500, It's a victim of the hobby and economy of it right now. Photomatched would be a plus.

One thing alot of game worn collectors or newer collectors get trapped into thinking is that an LOA makes the item real. The item itself makes the item real, not the LOA. There are plenty of fake/doctored items with LOA's and items jerseys without LOA's that are sold and it's up to the buyer to do his homework to the best of his ability before buying. Never let the lack of an LOA deter you from buying as you could miss out on a great item!

Besides, there aren't too many Devils jerseys that pop up for sale anywhere without MeiGray/Meigray Vintage docs anyway, so the homework part is not needed, but i can tell you that if this Brown was around $450/$475 i'd buy it. :)

All great points.

I think its probably legit as well....just tough to get a lot of people to take a chance on a more expensive jersey with no LOA in THIS economic climate.

So because of this thread and you jerks (j/k btw) I went and bought a gameworn from MeiGray a few weeks ago, and today I got a letter with a NJ Devils letterhead handsigned by Lou basically stating that the jersey is real. I guess this is a my certificate of authenticity.

Have to say thats pretty damn cool.

So because of this thread and you jerks (j/k btw) I went and bought a gameworn from MeiGray a few weeks ago, and today I got a letter with a NJ Devils letterhead handsigned by Lou basically stating that the jersey is real. I guess this is a my certificate of authenticity.

Have to say thats pretty damn cool.

WELL....what did you get????????????

Welcome to the madness.... :evil:

WELL....what did you get????????????

Welcome to the madness.... :evil:

I got an 07-08 home RBK 2.0 Oduya. I think Im one of the few who actually like the new RBK's, well at least the 2.0. I dont think Im joining the sickness though at least in terms of collectibles. I got it to wear and be a show off when I can say "This is a game worn" lol. I wore it to the game in DC a few weeks ago.

Im probably going to go once more and get an away in a few months or wait till the offseason and hit up their sale. Im also moving back to the area as well and I may go and check out the warehouse, but am definitely waiting.

Its pretty damn cool I got a letter signed by Lou on the letterhead though. Unexpected surprise.

I got an 07-08 home RBK 2.0 Oduya. I think Im one of the few who actually like the new RBK's, well at least the 2.0. I dont think Im joining the sickness though at least in terms of collectibles. I got it to wear and be a show off when I can say "This is a game worn" lol. I wore it to the game in DC a few weeks ago.

Im probably going to go once more and get an away in a few months or wait till the offseason and hit up their sale. Im also moving back to the area as well and I may go and check out the warehouse, but am definitely waiting.

Its pretty damn cool I got a letter signed by Lou on the letterhead though. Unexpected surprise.

Is it the Red Set 2 where he scored the Carolina goal against Cam Ward?

If so, I almost bought it a few month sago....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.