GDT: ECF Game 1 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

NJCroMag

Unbelievable how do they come in the 3rd and crap the bed like that. We need to crash the net against those punks. I can't stand NY for nuttin just like PA(even tho I live in PA). I want them to come out hard Wednesday. Make them pay on blocking shots and hit every single blueshirt u see.

none of the goals that brodeur let up were really soft, but hey we didn't score any either. team blame. I don't think they were rusty either, the forcheck was clicking most of the game. We played more physical.

One thing I saw the caps do was take big wind ups and hold up on the shot until the sliding ranger defender was out of the picture...maybe we can try that? But honestly, keep grinding away...that's the best strategy

All you can do is just keep grinding and working hard. I had no issue with their effort or compete level tonight. They worked hard- sh!t just didn't go our way. It happens. Bust ass next game and keep working. It can be hard not to get frustrated against this team with the amount of shots they block, but it's imperative to stay positive and keep going. Only thing I'd say is maybe get more traffic in front of the Queen. Get in his kitchen a bit and maybe thrash him around a bit.

It was bound to happen kinda like the Knicks. The Yankees are one of the few teams without bandwagon fans since they've always been good. I'm not a Yankee fan but it kills me to see people just liking them since they win.

The Yankees(along with the Red Sox) probably have the largest amount of bandwagon fans.

yo devs sucked so bad tonight man

broduer should retire

forget that he helped scrubs that are barely in the NHl right now and made em good uknow

fvck dat we lost dat series

rangers 4-0 quote me bitches

granpd ais now to retire man wedgewood=prolly coulda stopped those pucks man

lou too man we gonna lose another series vs those rangers man

omg fvck my life!!!!

You know, you'd think I'd be incredibly pissed/depressed after being shutout by those [insert whatever word you wish], but I'm surprisingly calm, and dare I say encouraged. They played very hard, and were not nearly as outplayed as one would expect from a 3-0 final. (The guys on NBC were even saying that we outplayed them for most of the game.) Let us remember that we lost the first game to Philly and were down 3-2 against Florida. This team can come back from a bad situation in a series, and has even shown that they excel at it. They've proven that they can fix bad parts of their game (for example, the PK), and adjust to play to the opponents weaknesses (like the entire Flyers series after game 1). I think they will come out Wednesday and probably outplay the Rangers (at least in the 1st). Obviously, that may or may not translate to victory, but this series is far from over.

calm the fvck down everyone we were down the series 1-0 to the flyers we will win win game 2 and go home tied 1-1

we dominated them first 2 periods we just need to play like we did in game 2 for a full 60 minutes. we will come out firing

yo devs sucked so bad tonight man

broduer should retire

forget that he helped scrubs that are barely in the NHl right now and made em good uknow

fvck dat we lost dat series

rangers 4-0 quote me bitches

granpd ais now to retire man wedgewood=prolly coulda stopped those pucks man

lou too man we gonna lose another series vs those rangers man

omg fvck my life!!!!

So now you are calling the rest of the devils scrubs and only won because of Marty?

Edited by DevsMan84

Rags deserved this, period. Don't know what the answer is. Even when you control the game, their d doesn't give you much.

The only thing that will annoy me is going to be the incessant Lunqvist worshiping that is bound to follow. He played well, but wasn't really tested in any meaningful way.

One other observation, when the Devils play a successful defensively sound game it's boring... when the Rangers do it they're savvy.

calm the fvck down everyone we were down the series 1-0 to the flyers we will win win game 2 and go home tied 1-1

we dominated them first 2 periods we just need to play like we did in game 2 for a full 60 minutes. we will come out firing

no man brodeur too old he can barely lift himself up he needs ome help man

we lost vs dat rangers, we fvcked its over man!

Hey guys, we lost to philly our first game too. No big deal. Let dbo figure out a counter attack for the shot blocking. I would say aim for their heads but that's just me. Plenty of time, its just a matter of time until they can't stand on 2 feet anymore. First 2 periods were all devils, they just got frustrated. We had slit of time off, a bit rusty on the passes. Let's go out n get game 2-5 !

Edited by JRZYRIPPER

The only way I can figure to do it is to not let them set it up and get settled in on defense. If the Devils don't score early, the Rangers get comfortable playing defense and it's tough to get it through them. I mean, look at the game where Kovy scored 49 seconds in, they were never able to set up the shell.

more shots from the fvcking point get rebounds and hit the net. make lundquist scramble for those pucks

the 3 tries by Parise for the shorty that never happened was this game...

Add to that the breakaway he had in which he was caught from behind by McDonagh. Yeah, he had some chances, but couldn't finish. ... Obviously it's really not his fault we lost.

Overall, the missed opportunities hurt.

Thankfully, it was just the first game.

So now you are calling the rest of the devils scrubs and only won because of Marty?

no man brodeur is nothingness without lemaire,nieds,stevens,daneyko so on

without dat trap broduer is nothing

mottau,the hit everything but i cant play d Vishnevski,paul martin,mike mottau, johny oduya scott gomez were all helping marty getting better without em hes terrible

damn lets throw dat towel they get in playoffs aready man

Edited by TravisZajac

Alright going to bed now.

I'll be a lot more reasonable when I'm sober tomorrow.

Sorry everyone I fvcking trolled the sh!t out of this thread tonight and I do apologize.

Deep down I do like Marty but its just frustrating as sh!t. I promise I'll be less belligerent and emo tomorrow.