DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

I like the ideia but we have to make the banner 6/7 feet tall by 3 feet, but where we gonna print them??

some supporters clubs do that in soccer...

faixacorinthians1_ae62.jpg

Love this Corinthians one. I think its the best to do what you guys want to do with the faces, maybe a little more detailed if you're going to include helmets.

Have you guys considered the idea of a tifo? That's be cool and it's easy having numbered seats and all

The issues with tifo and all that stuff above is money/artistic ability. If anyone wants to make anything like that above and bring it the games that would be amazing. I don't have the ability to make anything like that though.

Well....for a tifo you need a bunch of people with some time to spare :lol:

The banners though are simpler and as DIG said it'd be quite easy to do with a projector (doesn't have to be overhead if the fabric is hung).

The thing is can't think of ONE person having the means/doing it. The money (quite important) has to be collected among everyone, then you can find who does it or whatever once you get the materials.

It's just my take on the matter, a friendly advice. I was (kinda still are in some ways) a supporter for 5 years before I came here so I have some experience.

Well....for a tifo you need a bunch of people with some time to spare :lol:

The banners though are simpler and as DIG said it'd be quite easy to do with a projector (doesn't have to be overhead if the fabric is hung).

The thing is can't think of ONE person having the means/doing it. The money (quite important) has to be collected among everyone, then you can find who does it or whatever once you get the materials.

It's just my take on the matter, a friendly advice. I was (kinda still are in some ways) a supporter for 5 years before I came here so I have some experience.

I understand that completely, I know that's how the Red Bulls fans pay for things cause they collect membership dues and some of that money gets used to buy stuff for tifo. We aren't going to be collecting any membership dues though so the money thing still becomes an issue.

I think all of these things are worth looking into for next season but with only 2 games to go I don't see us getting anything done for this year.

I understand that completely, I know that's how the Red Bulls fans pay for things cause they collect membership dues and some of that money gets used to buy stuff for tifo. We aren't going to be collecting any membership dues though so the money thing still becomes an issue.

I think all of these things are worth looking into for next season but with only 2 games to go I don't see us getting anything done for this year.

Can't charge membership fees unless you have something to offer with it.

Don't necessarily mean you have to charge fees, it can be a recollection for this project or that project, you know like with people who want to contribute and all necessary quotes in hand so you can do an equal division and all.

Anyways I understand why it's hard for this year, but it's a cool project for the summer nevertheless, if people express interest in contributing to it, the Hell Raisers can come out all "bannered out" next season

Here's a rough idea based on the Corinthians one

34244936.jpg

That looks good, cubanjd305! Nice work!!

Hey, we won't know what we can pull off until we try. We can keep it simple and start off with one banner. I have no supplies/equipment or any artistic talent, but I'm willing to donate time and money to the cause.

I can't think of a better way to kill time in the offseason than to contribute to this. :) I'm eager to hear what the Devils' plans are for the section next season.

:gd:

I may know a person that can paint those banners, but I need the dimensions of the banner to get a quote.

And foremost if we gonna do the banners, we need to form a committee to handle all the money we got from the donations.

And cuban those are awesome btw

Edited by Cachorro Louco

I think a more timely banner should be a japanese flag with a "we support you - NJ Hellraisers or something to that effect ..

btw i love the player banners but I dont think the numbers below them are needed ...

It's added because it give more options. Maybe no number or lines, maybe no name just number, etc. Ya'll can agree on it later :lol:

See what I mean....1 minute to illustrate WHAT you said

30sw.jpg

26sh.jpg

By the way....some ideas for a banner with the unofficial name you guys came up with

hr1b.jpg

That'd be at least 30 feet long by 6'

Edited by cubanjd305

It's beginning to grow more likely that I cannot attend this game. I've been silent on this for a while thinking that I could resolve it, but my shift tomorrow evening is interfering with my plans for coming and every attempt I've made in switching shifts with someone else at work has failed. Well, this is what I get for not listing Friday off.

No, I'm not giving/selling my ticket regardless of if I somehow make it or not.

[EDIT: I'll be able to make it tonight afterall. Yay for something I guess.]

Edited by DeevFactor

What sections are you all sitting in. I would be si tting with all of you but the gfs moms in town and she wanted to catch a game so thought the Supporters might be too much. Well be in section 102 so I'll look for you all which shouldn't be too hard.

Tonight was a disaster, way too many people who were sitting down and didn't even want to chant. We tried to get chants going and they just died because the majority of people didn't want to chant.

I'm going to work on getting this fixed, the problem was this was a high demand game so we had a lot of people there who actually purchased their tickets through stubhub and had no idea what the section was and they just didn't care.

If the Devils set it up like the Red Bulls do where you actually have to call the Devils to purchase the tickets this problem will be cut down severely because then when they purchase them over the phone they will be told that it is a "standing, chanting, supporters section"

We had people telling others to sit down tonight, it was just ridiculous. I thought this game might become a problem and it turned out to be a disaster but hey ya live and learn and it will be better at the next game. This was by far our worst game, every other game has had chants throughout the night.

Yeah, this was an absolute disaster in so many ways. The dreadful performance on the ice, the numerous people sitting, the presence of opposing fans, those people sitting at the tables behind us that we're blocking their view. Nothing could have been done to save this game and a lot of people pretty much gave up hope. The perfect example was that I saw one person tear a Believe sign at the end of the game.

We're still a very new group, so this is something that we just have to hope never to happen again.

[After the game, I stood outside the arena holding up the "This is team" sign in a somewhat emotionless manner.]

[After the game, I stood outside the arena holding up the "This is team" sign in a somewhat emotionless manner.]

Keep your chin up. I'm glad you and your buddies had the signs, and I'm glad you did that after the game. I was the one in the green plastic "Elias" hat and Elias jersey in the next section over. I saw you doing that after the game and I'm glad you still showed your sign. Shows you care and you still want to support this team. We'll keep trying. We still love this team.

:gd:

And props to everyone who came and DID keep cheering despite the soul-suckers who weaseled their way into the section. I'll go to war with you guys any day, whether or not we're still in the playoff race.