Mark Fayne

thefiestygoat

He still makes deadly mistakes that have lost us games, but im glad you guys love him, in that case who wants to buy an autographed mark fayne puck?!?!? i got an eric boulton one but some guy was nice enough to trade his mark fayne for it. kinda like trading one handful of sh!t for another.

you're right that 2.2 isn't that big a deal for a top 4 defenseman who can take on the toughs and fill in on an PP and skate. you're doing some revisionist history on oduya - he really was terrible after signing that deal - we would've given him away for essentially nothing if we could at the time.

Revisionist history, IMO. No, he wasn't playing well, but he was keeping his head above water. I don't think he would have been given away for free, and you do remember, I hope, that NJ came out of the trade deadline with their worst 4 D as Skoula, Salvador, Salmela, and Fraser.

Revisionist history, IMO. No, he wasn't playing well, but he was keeping his head above water. I don't think he would have been given away for free, and you do remember, I hope, that NJ came out of the trade deadline with their worst 4 D as Skoula, Salvador, Salmela, and Fraser.

i had to go remind myself who the top 4 were (white, mottau, greene, martin). you're right that we wouldn't give him for nothing but i remember him being pretty bad and that contract being a big problem.

He still makes deadly mistakes that have lost us games, but im glad you guys love him, in that case who wants to buy an autographed mark fayne puck?!?!? i got an eric boulton one but some guy was nice enough to trade his mark fayne for it. kinda like trading one handful of sh!t for another.

So have Larrson, Kovalchuk, and Parise. would you also liken them to a "handful of sh!t" ? Everyone makes mistakes, Fayne makes them less than most. Sorry bro, I don't understand the disdain for him.

Fayne is worthy of my first post. Seems pretty solid. I hope Foster turns out to be just as solid.

Same, but unfortunately I am under the impression that Foster will be nowhere near as solid as Fayne. One can hope though, right?

Keep in mind Foster is also 30 years old (Fayne is 24), and he's played against rather poor competition and still managed to struggle this year, so I can't say I'm too hopeful. He does have a cannon of a shot though, so maybe he can help out the PP in some form.

Edited by nmigliore

This would be the people who hate Mark Fayne that I do not understand at all. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, but I haven't seen Fayne make any glaring mistakes that are the product of a complete mental lapse and he certainly hasn't made mistakes regularly enough to be that noticeable. He and Tallinder have been our best defensive pairing all year and the stats clearly back this up, so even though people like mvparise here think he sucks, the facts prove that he not only doesn't suck, he's played great.

This would be the people who hate Mark Fayne that I do not understand at all. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, but I haven't seen Fayne make any glaring mistakes that are the product of a complete mental lapse and he certainly hasn't made mistakes regularly enough to be that noticeable. He and Tallinder have been our best defensive pairing all year and the stats clearly back this up, so even though people like mvparise here think he sucks, the facts prove that he not only doesn't suck, he's played great.

There ya go, fayne cant handle the puck behind the net, turns it over, they give up a goal. not to mention he makes basically NO effort to block it while zajac who is just coming back from injury is spralled out doing everything he can to block it and theres your boy fayne standing straight up, not coming at the man, and showing no signs of concern. you can put whatever confusing stats u want up. he sucks. do me a favor in each of those rediculous stats u put up list the top 10 in each stat please.

There ya go, fayne cant handle the puck behind the net, turns it over, they give up a goal. not to mention he makes basically NO effort to block it while zajac who is just coming back from injury is spralled out doing everything he can to block it and theres your boy fayne standing straight up, not coming at the man, and showing no signs of concern. you can put whatever confusing stats u want up. he sucks. do me a favor in each of those rediculous stats u put up list the top 10 in each stat please.

Ok, so you can point out one mistake he made. Well, that mistake will affect those stats, so you just proved how certain statistics are indicative of overall play. Now if you would look at those OBJECTIVE statistics instead of your SUBJECTIVE view of his play, you'd see that his play has been good more often than not.

I'm sorry facts confuse you. Maybe that's why you don't like Fayne.

He had a harmless shot from the point on the rush in ot lol if thats almost ending it kovi almost has 80 goals this year

Ok, so you can point out one mistake he made. Well, that mistake will affect those stats, so you just proved how certain statistics are indicative of overall play. Now if you would look at those OBJECTIVE statistics instead of your SUBJECTIVE view of his play, you'd see that his play has been good more often than not.

Show me the facts i asked for so we can see who the elite dmen in the league are as.far as ur god awful stats go

Edited by mvparise

Yeah its me lol no matter when i look at this website its always u arguing with someones opinion no matter what the subject. i swear u refresh this website every 5 minutes. the other 4 minutes youre stuffing ur face, sh!tting, or jerking off.

Hey you were the one bragging about being on all these message boards and how cool you were for that so obviously I am not the one who feels the need to be on these message boards constantly.

Your first post on here was to go and start sh!t with me about the $10 line. Half of your 50 or so posts are about that sh!tty $10 line and getting laughed off of it and the other half of all your posts is about mark fayne and you getting laughed off of this thread.

Basically every single one of your posts so far is you arguing with someone and getting laughed off of the thread, so really you are a hypocrite. Go look I'm the mirror there and if you have an issue with me we can always meet up at the rock and discuss this. I'm always willing to meet people face to face.

Edited by DevsMan84

He had a harmless shot from the point on the rush in ot lol if thats almost ending it kovi almost has 80 goals this year

Show me the facts i asked for so we can see who the elite dmen in the league are as.far as ur god awful stats go

You're the one with the dissenting opinion on the matter, why don't you find your own stats to prove YOUR case. No need to convince the whole board of Mark Fayne's competency when they all agree on it already. Plus, no one ever said he was an "elite d-man", he's a competent one who's playing the hardest minutes of all the defensemen and managing quite well doing so. Right now, he's getting Mike Mottau'd into the top 4. Fayne will make a more than solid 5-6 d-man when all is said and done, but right now because of injuries and whatnot, he's playing the other team's top lines. So I'd like to now how exactly you figure we're continuing to win games if our top defensive pairing is sh!tting the bed every night? I'll tell you how, because they don't make bad plays nearly as often as they make the right play.

You're the one with the dissenting opinion on the matter, why don't you find your own stats to prove YOUR case. No need to convince the whole board of Mark Fayne's competency when they all agree on it already. Plus, no one ever said he was an "elite d-man", he's a competent one who's playing the hardest minutes of all the defensemen and managing quite well doing so. Right now, he's getting Mike Mottau'd into the top 4. Fayne will make a more than solid 5-6 d-man when all is said and done, but right now because of injuries and whatnot, he's playing the other team's top lines. So I'd like to now how exactly you figure we're continuing to win games if our top defensive pairing is sh!tting the bed every night? I'll tell you how, because they don't make bad plays nearly as often as they make the right play.

Mark Fayne is not a 5th or 6th d man, I don't get why people keep insisting this, or where it even came from to begin with. Is it because he wasn't a first round pick? Or wasn't touted coming out of college? He's legit. Why are you damning him with faint praise?

Mark Fayne is not a 5th or 6th d man, I don't get why people keep insisting this, or where it even came from to begin with. Is it because he wasn't a first round pick? Or wasn't touted coming out of college? He's legit. Why are you damning him with faint praise?

I just at this moment in time can't imagine another team with a more solid d-corps that would utilize him as a top 4 guy as we are doing. I'm not saying he's not a good defenseman, but rather than at this moment, he would most likely be better suited as a 5-6 guy, not a 1-2 like he's being used now. I think he's an above average 3rd pairing guy, but I don't think he's better than that right now. In the future he may become a 3-4 guy, but I don't think he'll make it any better than that, do you?